Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:29   #6001
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
Hi,

I keep the tyre pressure 36 F, 38 R, and usually drive alone. So, could this be due to higher tyre pressure?
Try to reduce the tyre pressure, I generally keep 33 all around, with generally 2 people.
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:30   #6002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hi all,

Was just surfing the internet when I came across multiple forums wherein people have thrashed the 1.4 TDCi motor for problematic injector seals. Is any one aware of any such problems with this engine?

As per what I read, most people abroad who had this engine in their cars had to get the injector seals replaced more than once even before 80-90K kms.
A honest suggestion. Please dont read too much into reviews. The more you read, the more you will get confused and without any outcome.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:30   #6003
BHPian

Quote:
when engine is harsh (when slightly lugging) during upshifts, the vibrations are felt.
Can you please list down the speeds at you upshift? You might be upshifting too early. My style is as follows (applies both to petrol and diesel Figo) and gives super smooth shifting-
1st gear: 0-18km/h
2nd gear: 18-36km/h
3rd gear: 36-54km/h
4th gear: 54-72km/h
5th gear: 72+km/h

Quote:
I keep the tyre pressure 36 F, 38 R, and usually drive alone. So, could this be due to higher tyre pressure?
All suggestions here IMO is too high. I drive with 30 psi on all tyres (which is also recommended by Ford).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
Just wanted to share the incident that happened in 3M car care a week back to my 74 day old Figo TDCi .
I'm very sorry to read about your incident. I had my share when my dealer gave me a car with a huge scratch on windscreen, upon changing which, they damaged the paint area around windscreen.

I sincerely hope for the scars on your heart to heal soon. May your car give you sheer fun to make you forget about this ugly incident and imperfection on your car. Happy revving

Quote:
As per what I read, most people abroad who had this engine in their cars had to get the injector seals replaced more than once even before 80-90K kms.
Looks like you have reached a state where I too reached once when I had decided that I will buy Figo and started finding each & every fault with it and started over-worrying about them

I never saw problem on injector seals on T-BHP and on Indian forums. I wouldn't bother with forums abroad. If this problem was reported on an Indian forum then please paste here a link for the same.

So looks like you have only one question left which is not answered- Fitting of aftermarket stereo and amplifier & sub-woofer from old car.
Old 4th February 2012, 00:31   #6004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I checked with my cab fellow who has a 1.4 Tdci Fiesta, it has done close to 1.5 lac km, as per him he never had any issues with the Engine.
On this forum , I think some people ex. Gemini has logged closed to 50k kms, there seems to be no complain related to engine.
Thanks for the information mate. Much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
A honest suggestion. Please dont read too much into reviews. The more you read, the more you will get confused and without any outcome.
This would be my first new personal car & hence the desire to know as much as possible about a product to try & ensure that I do not get any unpleasant surprises later on. But you are correct, all this is indeed getting me confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Looks like you have reached a state where I too reached once when I had decided that I will buy Figo and started finding each & every fault with it and started over-worrying about them

I never saw problem on injector seals on T-BHP and on Indian forums. I wouldn't bother with forums abroad. If this problem was reported on an Indian forum then please paste here a link for the same.

So looks like you have only one question left which is not answered- Fitting of aftermarket stereo and amplifier & sub-woofer from old car.
Well, sort of but not to find faults with the Figo. I just want to ensure I cover every possible aspect & these reports of injector failures in the 1.4 TDCi motor scared me quite a bit. Another reason is that in our family, we keep cars for a long time, 7-10 years. So, just want to ensure that I put my money on something that would give a trouble-free ownership for such a long time.

As for this problem, I didn't find many instances in India barring a few.

Well yes, fitting after-market stereo is what remains to be answered. However, I did see a video on Youtube by a guy who has ICE'd his Figo. So, I am sure it's possible but how is what remains unanswered.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 4th February 2012 at 00:38.
Old 4th February 2012, 12:46   #6005
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please list down the speeds at you upshift? You might be upshifting too early. My style is as follows (applies both to petrol and diesel Figo) and gives super smooth shifting-
1st gear: 0-18km/h
2nd gear: 18-36km/h
3rd gear: 36-54km/h
4th gear: 54-72km/h
5th gear: 72+km/h

All suggestions here IMO is too high. I drive with 30 psi on all tyres (which is also recommended by Ford).
I upshift a little earlier than you do.
1st gear - 0-10
2nd gear - 10-20
3rd gear - 20-35
4th gear - 35-55
5th gear - above 50, but very less chance to go to this gear while driving in BLR traffic

One of the reasons for keeping high pressure is to get better mileage. I have been getting consistently low mileage. Things seem to have improved after recent ECU remap, but yet to measure mileage using Full Tank method.
Old 4th February 2012, 19:20   #6006
BHPian

Quote:
I upshift a little earlier than you do.
1st gear - 0-10
2nd gear - 10-20
3rd gear - 20-35
4th gear - 35-55
5th gear - above 50, but very less chance to go to this gear while driving in BLR traffic

One of the reasons for keeping high pressure is to get better mileage. I have been getting consistently low mileage. Things seem to have improved after recent ECU remap, but yet to measure mileage using Full Tank method.
Your gearshifts are indeed a bit early. How about trying shifting in my style? It would not hurt to try for a while.

Same applied to tyre pressure. Try keeping 30 psi on all for few days.

To all

I'm officially fed up of searching for aftermarket stereo for Figo. Can someone please help me in finding alternatives like USB speaker system drawing its power from 12V socket in the Figo? Just anything to get music in Figo?
Old 4th February 2012, 22:00   #6007
Senior - BHPian

Hi buddy,

This is the Youtube video I was talking about. The guy is from India & has a Figo EXi. He has used a Kenwood HU with other stuff, the details are given on the comments below the video. Check it out, may be you can try contacting this guy & he can guide you.

Quote:
To all

I'm officially fed up of searching for aftermarket stereo for Figo. Can someone please help me in finding alternatives like USB speaker system drawing its power from 12V socket in the Figo? Just anything to get music in Figo?
Old 4th February 2012, 22:15   #6008
BHPian

hey guys did my 10k service, bill came up to 1588 rupees.Quite reasonable for a 10k service!! We also put the left hand side mirror for our 1.2 base version(did not come with it).Mom never wanted the mirror,according to her it juts out too much therefore hampering her to park the car in tight spaces!!Changed her mind after she grazed her bumper while reversing.The mirror assembly cost 987 plus tax and labour.Total bill came upto 3040 rupees.

I dont have the bill with me right now so cant give specific details, will post tomorrow for sure.overall very satisfied with the ford dealer in Goa.Gave complementary paint touch up on a couple of spots.The car was washed and the interiors were cleaned and polished.

Also the car was making some grinding noise when breaks were applied, Ford found the break calipers to be the culprit,they said the will change it under warranty but since my mom needed the car back soon they did not complete the job.

Overall very happy with the car and Ford service.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 4th February 2012 at 22:16. Reason: missed a simley
Old 4th February 2012, 22:29   #6009
BHPian

Quote:
This is the Youtube video I was talking about. The guy is from India & has a Figo EXi. He has used a Kenwood HU with other stuff, the details are given on the comments below the video. Check it out, may be you can try contacting this guy & he can guide you.
I already have watched this video and read about it in another forum. The process is quite messy. Attempt it and I might end up at F.A.S.S. to fix the wiring and losing my warranty. I would skip it. Thanks nonetheless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
hey guys did my 10k service, bill came up to 1588 rupees.
Is it your 2nd service? Is not first 3 services are supposed to be free? How come 1588 bucks? What did they charge you for? They didn't charge me for my first service, and rightly so too.

Quote:
The mirror assembly cost 987 plus tax and labour.
Quite reasonable price! Then I'm putting it in mine too. I really need it as bikers simply love to overtake from left.

Quote:
Gave complementary paint touch up on a couple of spots.
Wow, I'm jealous. My dealer's A.S.S. is quite greedy. Wish I could come to Goa to get free touch-ups along with enjoying the heavenly scenery and curvy roads
Old 4th February 2012, 22:48   #6010
BHPian

Quote:

Is it your 2nd service? Is not first 3 services are supposed to be free? How come 1588 bucks? What did they charge you for? They didn't charge me for my first service, and rightly so too.
First two services are free(labour only)parts and lubricants are charged.I dont know exactly how much they charged for oil and stuff, dont have the bil right now.I will give you a rough estimate, the wheel balancing was 300 bucks and oil was about 800rs (3.7 ltr) and oil filter was some 200 bucks i guess the rest is tax.

Quote:
Quite reasonable price! Then I'm putting it in mine too. I really need it as bikers simply love to overtake from left.
I thought it would be 1.5 to 2k for the whole assembly plus tax(same amount what my dad paid for his Indigo mirror).
Was quite happy with the price.

Quote:
Wow, I'm jealous. My dealer's A.S.S. is quite greedy. Wish I could come to Goa to get free touch-ups along with enjoying the heavenly scenery and curvy roads
The Goa dealer is very good like that, they also dont threaten to void your warranty if you put aftermarket alloys or music systems.
Old 5th February 2012, 02:19   #6011
BHPian

I've never had tachometer on any of my cars and have zero experience of observing a tachometer.

Tonight, I put my Figo petrol LXi into diagnostic mode (to gain tachometer) and tested out. I drove like I would do without a tachometer. I observed the following-
1. Idle RPM is 800.
2. Normally driving, I would be around in 1,500 RPM.
3. If I felt a need to accelerate powerfully, I would press hard but only to raise till 2,200 RPM. Never felt need for more power beyond this.

I conclude the following-
1. I hardly rode my Figo above RPM of 1,800 under normal circumstances.
2. When in need of power, an RPM of 2,200 is enough.

It fairly surprised me since I read here on T-BHP that most cars need to be in RPM of like 3,000-4,000 to gain max performance. Figo petrol, on other hand, needs mere 2,000 RPM to drive enthusiastically.

Just sharing what I found interesting.
Old 5th February 2012, 06:19   #6012
BHPian

Quote:
hey guys did my 10k service, bill came up to 1588 rupees.Quite reasonable for a 10k service!! We also put the left hand side mirror for our 1.2 base version(did not come with it).Mom never wanted the mirror,according to her it juts out too much therefore hampering her to park the car in tight spaces!!Changed her mind after she grazed her bumper while reversing.The mirror assembly cost 987 plus tax and labour.Total bill came upto 3040 rupees.

I dont have the bill with me right now so cant give specific details, will post tomorrow for sure.overall very satisfied with the ford dealer in Goa.Gave complementary paint touch up on a couple of spots.The car was washed and the interiors were cleaned and polished.

Also the car was making some grinding noise when breaks were applied, Ford found the break calipers to be the culprit,they said the will change it under warranty but since my mom needed the car back soon they did not complete the job. Overall very happy with the car and Ford service.
Nice to hear that. I took my car for first servicing last week and was completely satisfied. Interesting they too asked me to change the calipers for the noise though ill be doing it later. I had a dent below left taillight, they said it will take 7-8 days to remove it. Fairly long ill say.
Old 5th February 2012, 18:45   #6013
BHPian

Hi Guys

I have been driving my dec2011 Figo for a few weeks now. There are some changes observed from the earlier Figos as listed by other forum Users.The main thing would be the ground clearance. I travelled with 5 people on board through some steep speedbreakers in chennai. It did not scrape even once. I took the speedbreakers at a speed of 10-15 kmph.Air pressure was 30 psi all around. I usually travel with just 2 people on board but on occasions carry a full load. So i dont increase the tyre pressure. I am quite relieved since i have heard alot of issues with the GC of Figo on this forum. Another thing to report are the head lights. I have gone through Streets with poor lighting and felt that the headlights give adequate illumination for my use.
Old 5th February 2012, 19:52   #6014
BHPian

Quote:
I already have watched this video and read about it in another forum. The process is quite messy. Attempt it and I might end up at F.A.S.S. to fix the wiring and losing my warranty. I would skip it. Thanks nonetheless
Are you saying one cannot install an aftermarket HU in the figo?? I have seen many owners here in Goa installing 2 DIN touch screen players, i too have put a simple single DIN pioneer player in my Mom's 1.2 base version.NO warranty void by Ford.
Since The car is a base version,it comes without the roof antenna. So we asked ford to install it and they readily installed it and connected it to my aftermarket player.

I think someone on team BHP put a 2 DIN touch screen in his Figo, i cant seem to find that thread.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 5th February 2012 at 19:55.
Old 5th February 2012, 20:55   #6015
BHPian

Quote:
I've never had tachometer on any of my cars and have zero experience of observing a tachometer.

I conclude the following-
1. I hardly rode my Figo above RPM of 1,800 under normal circumstances.
2. When in need of power, an RPM of 2,200 is enough.

It fairly surprised me since I read here on T-BHP that most cars need to be in RPM of like 3,000-4,000 to gain max performance. Figo petrol, on other hand, needs mere 2,000 RPM to drive enthusiastically.

Just sharing what I found interesting.
In the diesel Figo, there is not much happening after about 3000rpm. It is irritating at times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks