Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2012, 22:04   #6751
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Ok, I now get that you were talking about a gear change. Well, in that case, it is normal & it happens with any car buddy. What I was referring to was a change in the RPM by simply depressing the clutch & releasing it, without any gear change while the car is in motion.

Moeover, I think you are upshifting too early. Upshift around 1900 or 2000 RPM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Thanks blackfire for the update. But I see this RPM fluctuation through out the day. I see it falling right from 1500- 1800 range to 800 range and moves quickly up once the upshift is over. The variation is to a lesser extent if the upshift and clutch is released quite quickly. But I don't feel vehicle vibrations due this scenario. BTW mine is May 2012 model , so guess some update on the cluster might be introducing this error.

The clatter dies down by around 15mins of driving like yours. And it least clatters if driven within 1500 - 2000 RPM for higher gears, at-least in my car.

@All: Has anyone seen this RPM variation.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 17th June 2012 at 22:06.
Old 17th June 2012, 22:24   #6752
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Thanks blackfire for the update. But I see this RPM fluctuation through out the day. I see it falling right from 1500- 1800 range to 800 range and moves quickly up once the upshift is over. The variation is to a lesser extent if the upshift and clutch is released quite quickly. But I don't feel vehicle vibrations due this scenario. BTW mine is May 2012 model , so guess some update on the cluster might be introducing this error.

@All: Has anyone seen this RPM variation.
This is the case with all cars. The rpm does fall immediately once you release the clutch and not slowly. It depends on ECU as well as flywheel weight.

It's perfectly normal and nothing to do with the tacho s/w or with cluster.
Old 18th June 2012, 07:38   #6753
BHPian

50k service on my figo came up. Cost me Rs. 3300 including labour. Smiling!!
wheel alignment was not done. This is in Kochi.. At Kairali Ford.
Old 18th June 2012, 08:41   #6754
BHPian

My first service was done last week , I am not happy with ford service as they dont seem to pay attention to customers without advance service bookings. I managed to get the work done but it took 5 hrs for a car wash/teflon check and minor checks which is far too long compared to express service bays in Maruti for similar service.

Costed me nothing but lets see what happens next time out. Minor noise on the left front door could not be fixed but its ok. Car is doing fine and giving about 16-17 kmpl in city, ive not managed a single outstation trip in my three months of owning it.

AC is the best ever ive had in all the cars owner so far. SX4 has a brilliant AC too, my Vento has a mediocre AC and I feel VW should consider something new to get it going.
Old 18th June 2012, 09:14   #6755
Senior - BHPian

Where did you get your car serviced, was it at Harpreet Ford (Gurgaon)? If yes, you can give them a feedback. After my first service, I had received a call for feedback & I had given them the same.

During my car's service, I had felt that though the senior guys are still alright, it is the juniors who are lax & do not carry out work properly. For instance, one of those junior guys was about to top up my coolant & guess what he came back with? Tap water! And when I asked him to get the coolant, he said there's no coolant in the workshop.

I then had to ask one of the senior guys who eventually got the coolant but from the body shop

I am gonna do the oil changes myself once the warranty period is over just like I used to in my previous car, that's for sure.

@Rahul: How's the car running with the race chip? And what about the service intervals for engine oil or coolant or brake fluid? Are you following what the company recommends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
My first service was done last week , I am not happy with ford service as they dont seem to pay attention to customers without advance service bookings. I managed to get the work done but it took 5 hrs for a car wash/teflon check and minor checks which is far too long compared to express service bays in Maruti for similar service.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 18th June 2012 at 09:17.
Old 18th June 2012, 11:27   #6756
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, hows your experience with USB playback on the Figo OEM HU? As per my experience earlier it wasn't playing all the tracks I was copying onto the HU. Eventually someone advised formatting the USB which definitely helped but it still didnt play everything. After some more hit and trial I have figured that the HU plays max of 1062 tracks from the USB irrespective of no of folders. Additional tracks are basically ignored or only 1 track from each folder gets played towards the end after 1st 1000 tracks. The HU user manual recommends max of 8GB USB stick, but 1062 tracks imply max of 4-5GB is being read by the HU. Any thoughts?

Also offlate i have noticed that the avg on my March 12 Figo has dropped from 14 in the city to ~12.5. This is in bangalore and its the same roads and driving style. The car has done 4K kms and avg should be improving and not decreasing. Only thing I can think of is that i changed the diesel bunk for last couple of times. Could the diesel quality affect so much? earlier my DTE used to be 600+ on full tank and now its around 530.

Last edited by supertinu : 18th June 2012 at 11:30.
Old 18th June 2012, 12:37   #6757
Senior - BHPian

My comments inline in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Folks, hows your experience with USB playback on the Figo OEM HU? As per my experience earlier it wasn't playing all the tracks I was copying onto the HU. Eventually someone advised formatting the USB which definitely helped but it still didnt play everything. After some more hit and trial I have figured that the HU plays max of 1062 tracks from the USB irrespective of no of folders. Additional tracks are basically ignored or only 1 track from each folder gets played towards the end after 1st 1000 tracks. The HU user manual recommends max of 8GB USB stick, but 1062 tracks imply max of 4-5GB is being read by the HU. Any thoughts?

I have observed that the HU is not able to play certain tracks at all. I use an 8GB pen-drive & most of the songs are high bit-rate, but then it's still more than half empty & so I am sure that I haven't got more than 150-200 songs in it.
The same songs that are not played by the HU are playable on my computer or MP3 player; no idea what the issue is. Initially, tried contacting Ford helpline but they couldn't offer any help.

Also offlate i have noticed that the avg on my March 12 Figo has dropped from 14 in the city to ~12.5. This is in bangalore and its the same roads and driving style. The car has done 4K kms and avg should be improving and not decreasing. Only thing I can think of is that i changed the diesel bunk for last couple of times. Could the diesel quality affect so much? earlier my DTE used to be 600+ on full tank and now its around 530.

It could easily be the diesel quality. Try moving back to your old bunk & see if the mileage improves.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 12:51   #6758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu
Could the diesel quality affect so much? earlier my DTE used to be 600+ on full tank and now its around 530.
About the diesel i think you are being shortchanged. Try getting from COCO outlets or a different pump. If the difference is so huge definitely has to be bad fuel quality. And you can try engine oil change or a top up before your next service. In case performance doesnt improve.
Advise you to check engine oil level now and also change the diesel supplier.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 14:05   #6759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
yea i am going back to the old bunk next time to see if it makes a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
About the diesel i think you are being shortchanged. Try getting from COCO outlets or a different pump. If the difference is so huge definitely has to be bad fuel quality. And you can try engine oil change or a top up before your next service. In case performance doesnt improve.
Advise you to check engine oil level now and also change the diesel supplier.
Shortchange is a possibility, but less likely since the fuel gauge goes above full after tank full with autcut. Fluid levels in the car are all fine and checked on wkend and I got oil change also done last month as part of my 1st service. Likely scenarios seems like diesel quality for now. The car otherwise drives nice and smooth and no perceptible difference to performance. Will switch pumps next time and see what happens. If that doesn't resolve then it would be time for Ford A.S.S.
Old 18th June 2012, 14:13   #6760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu

yea i am going back to the old bunk next time to see if it makes a difference

e to performance. Will switch pumps next time and see what happens. If that doesn't resolve then it would be time for Ford A.S.S.
Try disconnecting the battery terminals for a few minutes and then reconnect. This should reset your ecu. Over few tankfuls you should see your mileage returning to normal. Because thats what the ford guys also will do. So you can try this at home if still doesnt work which i doubt then there would be something wrong.
Ford will probably change the fuel tank sensor and also charge you unnecesarily for the ecu thing. Just my thoughts.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 18th June 2012 at 14:15.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 14:27   #6761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Folks, hows your experience with USB playback on the Figo OEM HU?
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
The Figo's OEM headunit is not capable of playing all the mp3 files. This might be due to the incompatibility with certain codecs. What I do is, re-encode the files (do a batch process) using MediaCoder (MediaCoder - more than a universal audio/video transcoder - MediaCoder official website) and use LAME as the codec. The settings I use is 192kbps CBR and it works fine on the HU. For volume normalization, I use MP3Gain (MP3Gain). Both of these tools are free.

I have not tried with huge number of files on the memory stick though. So cannot comment on the number of files it recognizes.

Last edited by A350XWB : 18th June 2012 at 14:29.
A350XWB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 15:26   #6762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
The Figo's OEM headunit is not capable of playing all the mp3 files. This might be due to the incompatibility with certain codecs. What I do is, re-encode the files (do a batch process) using MediaCoder (MediaCoder - more than a universal audio/video transcoder - MediaCoder official website) and use LAME as the codec. The settings I use is 192kbps CBR and it works fine on the HU. For volume normalization, I use MP3Gain (MP3Gain). Both of these tools are free.

I have not tried with huge number of files on the memory stick though. So cannot comment on the number of files it recognizes.
Good inputs XWB. Let me try this and see if there is any improvement format issues. But i think the max limit on no of files is a hard limit cause i tried it with multiple configurations and system didnt read beyond that.
Old 18th June 2012, 17:52   #6763
BHPian

Completed 1 year with my Titanium TDCi. Provided the cost and running summary below.

I have done the wheel alignment at 5000 KM and it is done by the tyre dealer where i exchanged my stock tyres. I am planning to do it along with my 20K service which will be due in a month. Is it advisable to do with the dealer or it is better to do outside? Also, what all i need to do (Wheel alignment, Wheel Balancing, tyre rotation etc). Please suggest.

1 Year running summary
Total KM – 18,184
Fuel consumed - 1,077.87
Total Fuel cost - 47,424.22
Avg. Fuel cost per ltr – 44.01
Avg. Mileage – 16.87
Highest Milesage – 25.30
Approximate cost saving compared to petrol – Rs.32,665/- (assumed 16 kmpl per ltr petrol mileage for calculation)

Cost Summary
1st Service – 1,853/-
2nd Service – 1,663/-

Rattling sound from back – Rectified free of cost by dealer
Fog lamp stopped working (loose connection) - Rectified free of cost by dealer
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 19:04   #6764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639

I'm still on the first OE set for the front but the rear has started to streak very badly. This is at 22K kms and 3 months short of 2 years.

It seems the smallest size from Bosch is 12" but what I measured on the Figo was 11". May need to look for another option.
Go ahead and fit the 12" from Bosch. It should be OK. There is an inch gap between the top of the wiper sweep and the top of the glass.
Old 18th June 2012, 19:58   #6765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Try disconnecting the battery terminals for a few minutes and then reconnect. This should reset your ecu. Over few tankfuls you should see your mileage returning to normal..
Hi Parthsarathig,
How can resetting ECU would improve the mileage. The fuel strategy depends not only on the run time parameters but also on loads of Calibration variables and learnt data (stored every time the ignition is switched off or some diag fault has occured), both of these are stored in Non volatile memory region. To erase it requires
1. A diag tool
2. Flash driver s/w
3. Special command to enable read/write access of the Flash memory.
I am afraid resetting ECU only clears the run time parameters but the crux of the functionality still remains intact.

I guess as rightly pointed out the diesel quality might not have been good and having its impact on the mileage. Or time to change the oil filter?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks