Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2012, 00:08   #6736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639

That reminds me, need to get my Figo's rear wiper blade changes. It's not wiping properly.
Note of warning. Figo rear wiper costs in the region of 500 rupees for one blade. Recently replaced my rear wiper blade during 20K service last month
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2012, 00:18   #6737
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Note of warning. Figo rear wiper costs in the region of 500 rupees for one blade. Recently replaced my rear wiper blade during 20K service last month
In which case I need to drive down to JC road to get a single Bosch wiper for the back. Any idea about the size of the rear wiper blade? If not I'll go measure it tomorrow.
Old 16th June 2012, 01:46   #6738
BHPian

Facing serious trouble at Bhavna Ford dealership (Navi Mumbai)...

My FIGO`s air conditioning started behaving weird a few months back. It sucked on lots of diesel but was yet not able to provide the kind of chilled cooling that I could sense in other ford figos I have sat in. Even swift`s AC feels like absolute chiller when compared to my figo..

Dealership says they can TRY rectifying this issue. But this would be a paid thing. And, I was like O_o !

Is it correct on Bhavna Ford`s part to charge me for something that has a defect under warranty ?

(Mind you. It`s a repeat job.)

Last edited by Dinesh_Malhotra : 16th June 2012 at 01:48.
Old 16th June 2012, 10:42   #6739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Few kids have done some mischief with my Car's rear wiper and it wipes just 20% of the area and then goes below the glass area.

Will I have to take it to a Ford a.s.s or any competent mechanic will do?
This is a common problem with hatch/notch-backs with rear wiper... either the kids or stupid cleaner always manage to mis-align the rear wiper.

with @Vid6639 reply that the service center will align the same... & for my Santro Xing they charged Rs.12XX for wiper blade replacement + wiper motor alignment last time. But I am better prepared for the rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You will have to open the hatch plastic cladding and then realign the wiper motor.

That reminds me, need to get my Figo's rear wiper blade changes. It's not wiping properly.
Old 16th June 2012, 10:47   #6740
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You will have to open the hatch plastic cladding and then realign the wiper motor.

It was a simply DIY job and it is functioning properly. Yes, I did exactly the same which you mentioned.

Surprisingly, my Figo's rear wiper blade is stock. It is closing 14,000 kms now and I had my front wipers are in their third set.
Old 16th June 2012, 16:18   #6741
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
It was a simply DIY job and it is functioning properly. Yes, I did exactly the same which you mentioned.

Surprisingly, my Figo's rear wiper blade is stock. It is closing 14,000 kms now and I had my front wipers are in their third set.
I'm still on the first OE set for the front but the rear has started to streak very badly. This is at 22K kms and 3 months short of 2 years.

It seems the smallest size from Bosch is 12" but what I measured on the Figo was 11". May need to look for another option.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 16th June 2012 at 16:23.
Old 16th June 2012, 22:58   #6742
BHPian

Hello t-bhpians,
This is slightly off the topic, but couldn't stop asking it. I am observing in the Figo TDCi engine whenever I press the clutch, the engine RPM almost immediately drops down to the ideal range of 800-900 RPM.But shouldn't there be a dashpot mechanism where the engine RPM would gradually decrease down. The modern ECU works in this way. So I guess is this something to do with the Tacho related s/w. I don't have any diag tools to validate it.
Old 17th June 2012, 10:51   #6743
Senior - BHPian

I have only noticed a slight difference in the RPM of the engine w.r.t clutch pedal being depressed or released in the mornings, when I start the car for the first time in the day. Once the engine warms up, there is no such fluctuation.

During normal operation, the only difference of RPM that I have observed is w.r.t the air-conditioning being on or off.

@ALL: For all those with the diesel Figos, how long does it take for your engines to settle down to a normal clatter as opposed to the high decibel clatter which arises if a cold engine is started?

For me, it takes about 15 mins & a couple of kms (around 5 kms) for the clatter to subside to a normal level, & this is after I idle the engine for about a minute before moving.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Hello t-bhpians,
This is slightly off the topic, but couldn't stop asking it. I am observing in the Figo TDCi engine whenever I press the clutch, the engine RPM almost immediately drops down to the ideal range of 800-900 RPM.But shouldn't there be a dashpot mechanism where the engine RPM would gradually decrease down. The modern ECU works in this way. So I guess is this something to do with the Tacho related s/w. I don't have any diag tools to validate it.
Old 17th June 2012, 11:59   #6744
Senior - BHPian

Took delivery of my Titanium, Panther black TDCI yesterday. Loving the old familiar Ford handling traits (I owned an Ikon for 7 years before). It easily trounces my Ritz Vdi in handling, steering and drivers view department.

Last edited by SPARKled : 17th June 2012 at 12:01.
Old 17th June 2012, 12:41   #6745
Senior - BHPian

Congrats there buddy, hope you enjoy many happy miles on your Ford.

Do put up pictures, because like a lot of people around here say, you don't just announce the news of a new car without pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Took delivery of my Titanium, Panther black TDCI yesterday. Loving the old familiar Ford handling traits (I owned an Ikon for 7 years before). It easily trounces my Ritz Vdi in handling, steering and drivers view department.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2012, 16:00   #6746
BHPian

Got my ford figo zxi (petrol) and I have a quick question to the fellow owners. I feel a slight sluggishness especially in second gear. Even on a medium slope, I need to shift to first gear if the speed goes below 15-20 kmph. Is this normal behavior or I need to take it the dealer immediatley (odo shows just 100 km)
Old 17th June 2012, 19:14   #6747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
Got my ford figo zxi (petrol) and I have a quick question to the fellow owners. I feel a slight sluggishness especially in second gear. Even on a medium slope, I need to shift to first gear if the speed goes below 15-20 kmph. Is this normal behavior or I need to take it the dealer immediatley (odo shows just 100 km)

Congrats on your purchase.
I would not worry about this. Let the car run more and things would improve slightly. With A/C, the 1.2 is very sluggish and needs to be revv'd for some power.

Also the 1.2 is an underpowered engine for the car which I am sure you know. If you did not, don't bother, instead enjoy the space/ride and handling of this car. You will love it.
Old 17th June 2012, 20:36   #6748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I have only noticed a slight difference in the RPM of the engine w.r.t clutch pedal being depressed or released in the mornings, when I start the car for the first time in the day. Once the engine warms up, there is no such fluctuation.
Thanks blackfire for the update. But I see this RPM fluctuation through out the day. I see it falling right from 1500- 1800 range to 800 range and moves quickly up once the upshift is over. The variation is to a lesser extent if the upshift and clutch is released quite quickly. But I don't feel vehicle vibrations due this scenario. BTW mine is May 2012 model , so guess some update on the cluster might be introducing this error.

The clatter dies down by around 15mins of driving like yours. And it least clatters if driven within 1500 - 2000 RPM for higher gears, at-least in my car.

@All: Has anyone seen this RPM variation.
Old 17th June 2012, 20:59   #6749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv
Let the car complete it's first service. Till then take it easy on the revs. Congratulations!
Old 17th June 2012, 21:07   #6750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv
My car had the same problem until its 1st service. However, remember that this problem will never entirely go away. The petrol Figo has an underpowered engine, and torque is not great till about 2000 rpm - and it feels worse with the air con on

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks