Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:55   #5986
RGK
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
Hi,

I have some amount of dashboard noise. Its not rattles, but some low noise which seems like two things are vibrating together and causing the noise. It happens only when I go on rough patches. On smooth roads, there's no noise at all.
Also, when engine is harsh (when slightly lugging) during upshifts, the vibrations are felt.
I keep the tyre pressure 36 F, 38 R, and usually drive alone. So, could this be due to higher tyre pressure?
Has anyone experienced this? Any inputs on how to resolve this?
This car is sensitive to tyre pressure. Vibrations are felt when the air pressure is more. You can check by keeping a coin in the door pocket.
Just reduce the air pressure and observe. 32 and 34 should be ideal for solo drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
drove for 600-700KMs after the 30K service. No smoothness observed after the service, prominent engine noise and a probable drop in mileage, is this expected?
Normally engine should be smooth after any oil service. Did you check the engine oil level after parking for a day or a night. Some times I feel not to give for service when the car is smooth and normal.
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:20   #5987
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

Is it possible to fit an after-market stereo in the Figo? I seem to be hearing that the connectors etc for a Ford are different than those for other cars (Japs, Koreans etc) & that's why the question.

Secondly, has anybody fitted a gear-lock on their Figos? If yes, which brand & what was the cost?

Also, would it void the warranty if I put on Hella fog lamps on the Figo? They are the original size (60mm) & do not require any additional relays etc.

Lastly, I inquired with a few workshops (Ford) & it seems that the "deluxe" floor cannot be fitted to any of the models i.e. LXI, EXI or ZXI. I mean, this was an unnecessary omission by Ford since it makes the handbrake look like it's from the Maruti 800, just protruding out of the floor. Even my Alto has a good amount of plastic around the handbrake.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 2nd February 2012 at 23:21.
Old 3rd February 2012, 01:41   #5988
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

Just read over the internet on another automotive forum about a probable Figo upgrade. Is Ford planning something on upgrading the existing Figo?

I am not sure if I am allowed to provide a link here but try googling it up & you would see.

Please suggest as I am in the process of buying a diesel Figo for myself.

Drive safe.
Old 3rd February 2012, 02:26   #5989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Is it possible to fit an after-market stereo in the Figo?
Why bother with after-market? Dealers offer OEM music system for Figo. The OEM music system is quite amazing. You would not need after-market music system. After-market music system will also void your warranty.

Quote:
Secondly, has anybody fitted a gear-lock on their Figos? If yes, which brand & what was the cost?
Gear-lock can be fit on Figo. Don't waste money buying it. Ask your dealer to give it to you as freebies. Please note that fitting gear-lock would need drilling holes. I would avoid it. Plus, if you have engine immobilizer and Ford's unique key, what's need for a gear-lock?

Quote:
Also, would it void the warranty if I put on Hella fog lamps on the Figo? They are the original size (60mm) & do not require any additional relays etc.
Yes. Hella = warranty void! Ford is very strict about anything which was not fit at A.S.S.

Quote:
Just read over the internet on another automotive forum about a probable Figo upgrade. Is Ford planning something on upgrading the existing Figo?

I am not sure if I am allowed to provide a link here but try googling it up & you would see.
Please post the link for same here. I've seen links to other automotive forums here.

I googled a lot but found nothing.
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 05:43   #5990
Senior - BHPian

My replies inline in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Why bother with after-market? Dealers offer OEM music system for Figo. The OEM music system is quite amazing. You would not need after-market music system. After-market music system will also void your warranty.

I was thinking on these lines because I assumed that other HUs available in the market would have a better SQ. Plus, I am not sure how I can install an amplifier & sub-woofer from my old car, any pointers in that regard?

Gear-lock can be fit on Figo. Don't waste money buying it. Ask your dealer to give it to you as freebies. Please note that fitting gear-lock would need drilling holes. I would avoid it. Plus, if you have engine immobilizer and Ford's unique key, what's need for a gear-lock?

Well, I just feel that it's an additional level of security & though it may not always stop a car theft but it surely deters the attempt.

Yes. Hella = warranty void! Ford is very strict about anything which was not fit at A.S.S.

Thanks for clarifying, I guess I would stick to the fogs provided by FASS. Any idea if the fogs that the SC (Ford A.S.S) would install are the same as those on the Titanium or some simple after-market ones? I ask because my presumption is that the fogs on Titanium would definitely be of better quality.

Please post the link for same here. I've seen links to other automotive forums here.

EDIT: I tried giving the link here but all it showed was multiple '*'. Just type "Automotive India Figo facelift" on Google & open the first link that appears in the result set.
@ALL: Some more questions,

1. What about under-body coating, how much does it cost at the F.A.S.S?
2. Door beading, has anybody installed it? Is it available in the body colour? If yes, then for how much?

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 3rd February 2012 at 05:46.
Old 3rd February 2012, 05:54   #5991
BHPian

Quote:

2. Door beading, has anybody installed it? Is it available in the body colour? If yes, then for how much?
1. I suggest you do under body coating somewhere outside FASS. Usually it works out cheaper.
2. I remember seeing a silver Figo with color matched door beading in this very thread. Owner had given few details as well.
3. Re fog lamps, AFAIK, they are shared with Tit variants as well.
4. As far as my logic goes, Figo was refreshed a bit in November. Considering that it has some more time to make changes again. Just my 2p.

Last edited by akshay380 : 3rd February 2012 at 05:59.
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:55   #5992
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Is it possible to fit an after-market stereo in the Figo? I seem to be hearing that the connectors etc for a Ford are different than those for other cars (Japs, Koreans etc) & that's why the question.

I am also looking for changing my stock music system to a 2-Din touch screen with Navigation. Please let me know if anyone has done and also any music system suitable for this.
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:34   #5993
BHPian

Hey Guys,
About 2 weeks back, i started hearing a buzzing noise when standing next to the hood. I checked and it seemed to be coming somewhere from the fan belt region. Took it to the service center and they said its common. I was not convinced and within the next 2-3 days the noise increased and it happened whenever i accelerated. Took it again and this time they said Idling pulley has to be replaced (under warranty) since the lubrication had gone. There i checked with the SA about firmware update for car, he said that is only for the case where the vehicle doesn't start. Also, i had some squeaks and noises under bad roads, they added foam to the number plates and fixed the boot lock which was causing it. Now there are no noises on bad roads, only thing is to check if there is a generic firmware update for diesel figo.
Old 3rd February 2012, 13:45   #5994
BHPian

Quote:

Regd. the Underbody coating, I got mine done from 3M car care.
They had 2 options. One with a 2 year warranty (costing 1400 odd) and the other with 5 year warranty (costing 38XX). The main difference, the latter being a thicker coat and a different product is used.

The FASS quoted 25XX for a brand called Wurth, which I had never heard of then. I did not go ahead with that because I had read here in TBHP that 3M car care had opened in Mumbai.

Just wanted to share the incident that happened in 3M car care a week back to my 74 day old Figo TDCi . I am forced to post here as I could not on the directory due to my being a Newbie.

Anywho, fixed an appointment with Andheri 3M car care the previous evening for the underbody coating. Instructed him to do the one with the 2 year warranty. I reached there on time.My car was taken into the work area and the process of cleaning the underbody prior to the coat, had started. They were soon done with the cleaning and started the process of coating the underbody. After that was done, they started doing the wheelwell area.

I was there all along and everything was going on smooth. So, I had stepped out of the workshop into the showroom for looking at Meguair's and 3M car care products when I heard an unusual thud followed by air gushing out. I rushed to see what had happened. The guy there told me that the pipe had come out from the spray gun and that everything was under control. Not completely believing what they had said, I decided to inspect the car; And to my utter horror, I found this.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26012012331.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26012012330.jpg

One dent above the shoulder-line of the rear left door. A smaller dent on the front left door, and a deep scratch in the corner. And another dent on the door sill.
It really really hurt, to an extent my heart sank. My first car, and that too not on the road, and more so
because it was absolutely no fault of mine. And to top it all, It was 3M.

Post mortem revealed that the pipe from the spray gun came out, and because of the air pressure, went haywire uncontrollably. The heavy nut at the end of the pipe did not help the cause and dented the car in three places.

I went completely mental when the guy there said he'll give 10% discount for my asking what he was gonna do about it. He then said he'll take it to the nearest workshop and get it done. I was like, "Nothing doing, we'll take the car to Ford, and whatever it takes for it to come back to how it was, should be borne by you".
To which he agreed and the altercation ended. I called Ford from there, since it was republic day, I could not get it done. I got everything he had agreed for in writing and left the place.

Next day, first thing in the morning, drove down to Ford with the 3M guy present. The inspected and gave two solutions. The cheaper one where they remove the dent, repaint locally and apply clear coat which would cost (3K); and the other wherein they remove the dent and then repaint both the doors completely, which would cost (8-9K). I thought I will go ahead with the latter since it was a new car and all , and I'll try to claim insurance (then I did not know about No claim bonus, which I would lose).

It was done by next day. I was on my way not expecting too much because it was a really sharp dent. I inspected and found that to a casual observer, nothing was visible, only the reflections were not precise which was expected. Colour was decently matched though the clearcoat finish will never be the same. I took it with a pinch of salt and drove off!

Will update with how it looks now.
Old 3rd February 2012, 13:50   #5995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
I sent this e-mail yesterday to Ford. You'll understand the purpose, if you go through it. I'll update if there is response from Ford with TSB details. Most likely they'll put me in touch with ASC saying TSB's details are not for customer. Let's see.

Any thoughts?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
e-mail content deleted as it is a long post. Available in original post
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I missed to update Ford's response to this query. The did get back to me but as expected did not share the TSB details saying it's for the dealers and not customers. They asked me to get in touch with a dealer if there are any issues with the car and escalate to Ford if I am not satisfied with the dealer service.
Old 3rd February 2012, 13:58   #5996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
Hi,

I have some amount of dashboard noise. Its not rattles, but some low noise which seems like two things are vibrating together and causing the noise. It happens only when I go on rough patches. On smooth roads, there's no noise at all.

Also, when engine is harsh (when slightly lugging) during upshifts, the vibrations are felt.

I keep the tyre pressure 36 F, 38 R, and usually drive alone. So, could this be due to higher tyre pressure?

I have done 3 visits to Ford service center, and they are not able to resolve this issue. The SA says, they have looked at it, and the noise is from Air-Bag compartment, and they can't fiddle with Air-Bag compartment. But, I feel the noise is not just from the left side (where Air-Bag is), but also from middle and right side of the dashboard. So, I think I will have to do another visit, and talk to a different SA, and take him for an elaborate TD.

Has anyone experienced this? Any inputs on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
I too am facing rattles from what I think is someplace near the airbag area. My service guy, too, told me that he would not fiddle with the airbag compartment. There's nothing from the middle or right side however.
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:20   #5997
BHPian

Quote:
Gearlock
If you are going to get a gear-lock, press your dealer to give you one for free.

Quote:
a probable Figo upgrade
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-new-figo.jpg

That's Brazilian Figo. Has been selling there for quite some time. It will not come to India. No facelift or whatsoever planned for Indian Figo in near future.

Quote:
What about under-body coating, how much does it cost at the F.A.S.S?
F.A.S.S. will give you 3M coating for 3000 rupees. Most A.S.S. loot customers by partially coating the under-body. No idea about F.A.S.S.

akshay380 is right. Better get it done outside.

Personally I find under-body coating useless since every car's under-body comes coat-painted from the factory.
Old 3rd February 2012, 19:53   #5998
Senior - BHPian

My replies inline below, in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
If you are going to get a gear-lock, press your dealer to give you one for free.

Would try to get it for free, because I would definitely want this on my car.

That's Brazilian Figo. Has been selling there for quite some time. It will not come to India. No facelift or whatsoever planned for Indian Figo in near future.

Thanks for clarifying mate, much relieved now. And, I personally find the Indian Figo much better looking

F.A.S.S. will give you 3M coating for 3000 rupees. Most A.S.S. loot customers by partially coating the under-body. No idea about F.A.S.S.

akshay380 is right. Better get it done outside.

Personally I find under-body coating useless since every car's under-body comes coat-painted from the factory.

Would get it done from outside. I am not sure of any places in Delhi NCR though that can carry out this job at reasonable prices.
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:33   #5999
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

Was just surfing the internet when I came across multiple forums wherein people have thrashed the 1.4 TDCi motor for problematic injector seals. Is any one aware of any such problems with this engine?

As per what I read, most people abroad who had this engine in their cars had to get the injector seals replaced more than once even before 80-90K kms.
Old 3rd February 2012, 22:15   #6000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Was just surfing the internet when I came across multiple forums wherein people have thrashed the 1.4 TDCi motor for problematic injector seals. Is any one aware of any such problems with this engine?

As per what I read, most people abroad who had this engine in their cars had to get the injector seals replaced more than once even before 80-90K kms.
I checked with my cab fellow who has a 1.4 Tdci Fiesta, it has done close to 1.5 lac km, as per him he never had any issues with the Engine.
On this forum , I think some people ex. Gemini has logged closed to 50k kms, there seems to be no complain related to engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks