Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 15:15   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Hi Anant

Congrats on your new buy..

Me too planning for a SUV-AT on an affordable rate.

Do let me know if i can catch up with you when i m there in cbe to know more about ur 2WD AT..even i m planning to get one..either jawa brown or black..(not white as most of politicians uses it)

Hope you are completely satisfied with ur buy
Sure let me know when you are in CBE.
Old 24th February 2010, 14:52   #77
BANNED

Wishes again Ananth

Ananthji, Wishes on the new purchase. I started realizing the importance of automatic. 2 days ago saw a white automatic getting offloaded at the Avinashi road, means the automatic club is growing ....

More pictures pl

Regards,
Siva
Old 24th February 2010, 19:37   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

automatic club is definitely growing. When I went to pick up my Scorpio 4x4 in Kottayam, there where four Automatic Scorpios there, all due for delivery.
Old 1st March 2010, 09:14   #79
BHPian

Hai Anand,Till now how many Km you have covered and what is ur average FE? pls
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:29   #80
BHPian

Here comes yet another AT beast, hearty congrats, Ananth.

One thing I noticed, I don’t see the body graphics (those stickers) on you Java Brown. Are they now removed my M&M or it wasn’t just visible on your pics?

Glad that the initial problem are fixed, happy moroting!
Old 4th March 2010, 21:48   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperRider View Post
Here comes yet another AT beast, hearty congrats, Ananth.

One thing I noticed, I don’t see the body graphics (those stickers) on you Java Brown. Are they now removed my M&M or it wasn’t just visible on your pics?

Glad that the initial problem are fixed, happy moroting!
Thanks Casper. The body graphics are very much there. I will post more pics where it will be visible.
Old 8th March 2010, 15:05   #82
BHPian

As I am getting more and more used to the vehicle, I am beginning to like it even more. It really handles well and apart from the niggles, which Mahindra and CAI are more than happy to fix, I seem to have a gem on my hand.

Last weekend, I was invited to the "Scorpio King of the Road" event at Coimbatore. have a bunch of photos from the event. Will follow with photos and write-up once I get home.
Old 8th March 2010, 20:33   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
Hai Anand,Till now how many Km you have covered and what is ur average FE? pls
anand..waiting for ur post
Old 8th March 2010, 21:35   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunu AMG View Post
anand..waiting for ur post
Sorry. As of today I have done about 1500kms of pure city driving. Top speed of 80kmph once (in the whole month) for a very brief period of a few seconds - touching 70kmph a couple of times a day. Predominant speeds in the 30-50kmph. 70-80% AC usage and normal diesel. FE = 10kmpl
Old 8th March 2010, 22:08   #85
BHPian

Ok. Here goes the "Scorpio King of the Road Treasure Hunt" photos. It was such a pleasure to see so many Mighty Musculars in one place.
Attached Thumbnails
The Hawk has landed - Scorpio AT with Airbags-dsc00305.jpg  

The Hawk has landed - Scorpio AT with Airbags-dsc00304.jpg  

The Hawk has landed - Scorpio AT with Airbags-dsc00299.jpg  

The Hawk has landed - Scorpio AT with Airbags-dsc00298.jpg  

Old 9th March 2010, 09:05   #86
Senior - BHPian

was this event only for the 'mighty musculars' (scorpio refresh)? none of the 'nothing else will do' (pre-refresh scorpios) can be seen.
Old 15th September 2010, 16:38   #87
BHPian

Long time since I posted anything in this thread. Nearing 10,000 kms on my ODO - for 7.5 months of ownership that I guess is nothing too dramatic.

Have had a bunch of trips all over the place - Palani, Chennai (via Yercaud), regular Kochi, one Kochi via Valparai-Vazhachal and the latest Coonoor.

Nothing to complain about thus far. Has steadily given me 10.5 kmpl in city. Highways is a different matter. I find that I get much better mileage only when I keep it to 70-80kmph. I only managed that once to Palani - where I got close on 14kmpl. If I go higher or lower the mileage tends back to 10.5 kmpl.

Handling has been great and the experience even greater. When you are rubbing shoulders with the car next to you on a narrow road in Coonoor with the other guy breaking into a sweat because of the slope and the width of the road and you get to grin back and say "No sweat. What do you want me to do to help you pass?" - that is truly a great feeling.

I would have loved a little more luggage space despite the 3 rows but am not complaining since I am able to dismiss my son to the 3rd row when he wants to take a nap.
Old 15th September 2010, 18:10   #88
NFS
BHPian

I remember the old days when most of the vehicles on their speedo had one section marked in green (somewhere between 40-60kmph). This was explained saying the best area for FE. Ofcourse, using too many gear changes or too much braking would surely hamper the FE. Would it be correct to assume that mHawk has a 70-80kmph green area? Any experience from others?

Ananth, congrats for 10K on your Scorpio (I am too leading towards owning one). Good to know that you had no niggles after your rear reading lamp replacement.

Enjoy and happy motoring... let us know when you come to Chennai next, may be we can meet.

NFS
Old 15th September 2010, 19:52   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_iy View Post
Long time since I posted anything in this thread. Nearing 10,000 kms on my ODO - for 7.5 months of ownership that I guess is nothing too dramatic.

Have had a bunch of trips all over the place - Palani, Chennai (via Yercaud), regular Kochi, one Kochi via Valparai-Vazhachal and the latest Coonoor.

Nothing to complain about thus far. Has steadily given me 10.5 kmpl in city. Highways is a different matter. I find that I get much better mileage only when I keep it to 70-80kmph. I only managed that once to Palani - where I got close on 14kmpl. If I go higher or lower the mileage tends back to 10.5 kmpl.

Handling has been great and the experience even greater. When you are rubbing shoulders with the car next to you on a narrow road in Coonoor with the other guy breaking into a sweat because of the slope and the width of the road and you get to grin back and say "No sweat. What do you want me to do to help you pass?" - that is truly a great feeling.

I would have loved a little more luggage space despite the 3 rows but am not complaining since I am able to dismiss my son to the 3rd row when he wants to take a nap.
Happy driving ananth.Glad to know that you are the proud owner of the A/T Scorpio.
True the SUV is a no nonsense, tough workhorse and never falls below one's expectations while spinning it around.I too really vouch for its solid build and macho looks that deter away most erring motorists and bikers.
Old 16th September 2010, 09:29   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Would it be correct to assume that mHawk has a 70-80kmph green area? Any experience from others?

You are correct NFS. The CRDe and the MHawk engines provide their best FE at 2000rpm @5th gear without the ac.

I have gotten FE figures of 15.05kmpl at these speeds with Hariya, who has a CRDe heart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks