Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 20:40   #61
BHPian

@ Maglev

Nice thought of putting the SX4 unit in the Ritz. I am not a fan of it's exterior but the interior is quite spacious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wing.commander View Post
dude how can buy RITZ ? it appears as if electric shock is given to the buyer.i hope u know what i mean zzzzzzzzz
dude i sold it after driving for only 998 km only i cant understand how can the company launch such a car ? it should be priced less than tata nano.. i have sold this car and bought tata nano and it is much much better its got better pick up better looks.. it looks like some one banged in the car's rear and car's front came out.dude just a suggestion either u sell this car and buy tato nano or paint it black with yellow stripes and put a TAXI sticker on it
dude no hard feelings or any personal grudges but seriously man sell it trust me
If that was so, how did you end up buying it? Now tell us, what you meant by 'how can a company launch such a car'? Tell us what was wrong in your car. You are bashing the topic creator in all the topics he is creating. Nano has better pickup than a Ritz? I guess you forgot to change the gear of your Ritz. If you don't like a car's front to come out, then I doubt you would buy any sedan in the future. And the suggestion you gave is pretty useless. Nano has a rear engine so when the car will be chauffeur driven, the rear passengers will get their backsides heated. Please think before making a suggestion. I have hardly seen any Ritz as a taxi in my whole life. Maglev sure must have done quite a lot of research in buying the car and I agree with his choice. It's a great VFM buy.
Old 14th March 2010, 21:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Wing Commander, you've received an infraction for your spamming and the way you're inciting others it appears you'll be banned soon. If you don't like the Ritz, fine let it be. Even I don't like but I never barge into another's thread and criticize and question him. My suggestion to you will be that before buying a car, visit TBHP's Test Drive and Ownership threads that'll facilitate you to zero on a car with which you're 100% satisfied.

Moreover Maglev, any new additions to the car. I mean the moment you got the SX4 EXAD'ed the Ritz took a backseat.
Old 14th March 2010, 22:35   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Wing Commander, you've received an infraction for your spamming and the way you're inciting others it appears you'll be banned soon. If you don't like the Ritz, fine let it be. Even I don't like but I never barge into another's thread and criticize and question him. My suggestion to you will be that before buying a car, visit TBHP's Test Drive and Ownership threads that'll facilitate you to zero on a car with which you're 100% satisfied.

Moreover Maglev, any new additions to the car. I mean the moment you got the SX4 EXAD'ed the Ritz took a backseat.
+1. Just check the Accidents in India topic, this guy has mentioned that you started the blaze at a petrol pump
Old 14th March 2010, 22:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
@ Maglev

Nice thought of putting the SX4 unit in the Ritz. I am not a fan of it's exterior but the interior is quite spacious.

Thanks Bro!! for understanding & explaining my point of view to the commander. I hope he's able to comprehend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

The Ritz had actually taken the backseat as the SX4 was getting EXAD'ed, but now the Ritz will be back in the limelight as its first service is due.
Also as per SidIndica's suggestion I'll be going in for the OE mud flaps and an under-body anti-rust coat.
Old 14th March 2010, 22:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1. Just check the Accidents in India topic, this guy has mentioned that you started the blaze at a petrol pump
Thanks a ton Prateek for informing me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
The Ritz had actually taken the backseat as the SX4 was getting EXAD'ed, but now the Ritz will be back in the limelight as its first service is due.
Also as per SidIndica's suggestion I'll be going in for the OE mud flaps and an under-body anti-rust coat.
Great.
Old 15th March 2010, 00:31   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Maglev

Nano has a rear engine so when the car will be chauffeur driven, the rear passengers will get their backsides heated. Please think before making a suggestion. I have hardly seen any Ritz as a taxi in my whole life. Maglev sure must have done quite a lot of research in buying the car and I agree with his choice. It's a great VFM buy.
+1
I agree with you that Ritz is a great VFM car.

Are you serious that rear passengers in the Nano get their backsides heated?? Because I have seen a lot of chauffeur driven Nano's and I have also seen a few Nano's being used as consulate cars. Plus I haven't heard of anyone getting their asses burnt by sitting in a Nano.
Old 8th April 2010, 03:59   #67
BHPian

Update

First Free Service done at Apra Motors, Mahipalpur, New Delhi.

Surprisingly they did not change the oil & oil filter, only washing and an overall inspection + top up of all fluids.

I got the MGA mud flaps installed as per Sidindica's suggestion and they were the only thing I had to pay for.

The total bill was Rs 285/-

The car is performing very well the engine, A/C, urban maneuverability is fantastic. I've achieved a top speed of a little over 140kmph.

The mileage I am getting is on the lower side, she is consistently giving around 11kmpl (100% A/C & 100% City)

Last edited by maglev : 8th April 2010 at 04:05.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:37   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Update
Surprisingly they did not change the oil & oil filter, only washing and an overall inspection + top up of all fluids.
According to manual, for petrol Ritz change of engine oil is at 10000 km i.e., 3rd free service. So nothing unusual, enjoy the ride.
Old 8th April 2010, 21:09   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
According to manual, for petrol Ritz change of engine oil is at 10000 km i.e., 3rd free service. So nothing unusual, enjoy the ride.
Thanks!! So I guess I'll get the oil changed during the 2nd service anyway, I think there's nothing wrong in getting the oil changed before the stipulated period.
Old 19th June 2010, 16:07   #70

Hi,

i guess you were interested in getting you Ritz converted to run on CNG. have you already got it done ?? and if done it is running OK ?? cause i got mine converted and am facing problem on Petrol.

if you have converted can you please tell from where ?

thanks
Old 20th June 2010, 01:02   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucksin View Post
Hi,

i guess you were interested in getting you Ritz converted to run on CNG. have you already got it done ?? and if done it is running OK ?? cause i got mine converted and am facing problem on Petrol.

thanks
sir, exactly what problem are you facing with the petrol mode? and have you got the advancer installed ?
Old 20th June 2010, 01:39   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

thanks

My car got the CNG kit just 3 days ago, Its running fine on both Petrol and CNG.

I got the conversion done from an independent installer in Kotla Mubarakpur.

From where did you get your kit installed, is your engine knocking/misfiring in petrol and have you installed a timing advancer?
Old 21st June 2010, 15:11   #73

On CNG the car runs like a charm. but after i drive my car on CNG and change the mode to Petrol the car starts missing and eventually i have to switch off and even if i restart it, it still misses and there is check engine light which start glowing.

but after few hours if i start again the ECU tries to work and it perform OK after few KM on petrol. mine is not a sequential kit its a normal tomesatto kit. and no there is no timing advancer or lambda installed as i also run my baleno on CNG and never needed any mod so i thought of going on just the kit.

is your sequential or just a normal kit ? also can you let me know the name and adress of the retro fitter i would love to go to him ang get my kit corrected cause i have lost all hope with my installer which happens to be one of the oldest installer and a good one too but he is not able to fix it.
Old 21st June 2010, 16:32   #74
BHPian

OT question:

Can the car support LPG conversion as well?
Old 21st June 2010, 18:10   #75
BHPian

Quote:
On CNG the car runs like a charm. but after i drive my car on CNG and change the mode to Petrol the car starts missing and eventually i have to switch off and even if i restart it, it still misses and there is check engine light which start glowing.

but after few hours if i start again the ECU tries to work and it perform OK after few KM on petrol. mine is not a sequential kit its a normal tomesatto kit. and no there is no timing advancer or lambda installed as i also run my baleno on CNG and never needed any mod so i thought of going on just the kit.

is your sequential or just a normal kit ? also can you let me know the name and adress of the retro fitter i would love to go to him ang get my kit corrected cause i have lost all hope with my installer which happens to be one of the oldest installer and a good one too but he is not able to fix it.

The problem with the Ritz is, that it has the latest K-Series engine. Which is very advanced and requires precise tuning also since the vehicle boasts of drive by wire technology manual setting is pretty much out of the question, except maybe for minor adjustments. The person I got my kit installed from (Mr. Sunil Dutt) also happens to own a Ritz. In fact this was the very reason for getting it installed from him and not Maruti.

My kit is a closed loop GNC (Argentina) kit, with Lambda. My car runs fine on both CNG and petrol.
By the way where in Delhi do you put up? I stay at Vasant Kunj. We could probably meet up!

You would be needing the Lambda to get the CNG kit approved by the RTO for the acknowledgment of the Kit on the RC.

I got the kit installed from:

Tara Dutt Automobiles
301/5, Sukhdev Market, Opposite Defence Colony,
Kotla Mubarakpur, New Delhi, Delhi 110003

+911124619814‎
+911124634392
+919891311148

But the person in-charge (Mr. Sunil Dutt) is currently out of station, he'll be coming back on the 24th of this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
OT question:

Can the car support LPG conversion as well?

I am not aware about LPG conversion, I'll find out and let you know

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks