Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 00:52   #1
BHPian

Maruti Ritz : 44,000 kms on CNG

We've purchased a new Ritz Lxi in the Superior White shade, today.

Dealer: Pasco Automobiles, Gurgaon
Buying Experience: Excellent
Odometer Reading: 10 KM
Pre Registration Check: Done
Team-BHP Check list: Done

The car had all that I wanted, it comes with an all aluminium K-Series engine, stiff body & chassis, CNG conversion compatibility, A/C, Power Steering, large and wide opening doors, high roofline, comfort oriented suspension, New & fresh design, not very common on the roads, etc.

The Ritz seemed perfect for my Grand Parents / parents to be chauffeured around in.

All in all a very practical hatchback which was needed in the family as this one is the only Hatch we've got (Apart from the Octavia).

Accessories Bought from the dealer:

1. Rear Parcel shelf
2. Carpeted floor Mats
3. Door Side Beeding

Will be going in for a tire upgrade & MGA Anti-Theft System tomorrow.

Suggestions / Advice are welcome!!

One of the girls from the sales team, while performing pooja on the car: Maruti Ritz : 44,000 kms on CNG-24022010145-copy.jpg
Old 25th February 2010, 09:58   #2
BHPian

Let me be the first to congratulate you. I have always loved the Ritz. I saw a white Ritz in Pune and fell more in love with it.

Happy & Safe Driving...
Old 25th February 2010, 09:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

let me be the first (edit: second) one to congratulate you!

Please get good set of alloys as well. stock steel rims looks bland for me!

OT:

Every week i see 2 or 3 new RITZ with new registration in Mangalore. Looks like its selling like hot cake in Mangalore!

Last edited by recshenoy : 25th February 2010 at 10:02. Reason: not first, i am second :)
Old 25th February 2010, 14:03   #4
BHPian

LXI, does not have power windows right?. do you intend to get it done afterwards? why did you not go for the VXI?

congratulations!!
Old 25th February 2010, 23:16   #5
BHPian

Congrats Maglev. I would suggest you go for white alloys with red lip, paint the front break calipers and rear break drum in red. Front and rear bumper beeding also look good in white ritz. You can also black B-pillar with glossy PVC films. What about mud flaps?
Old 27th February 2010, 12:14   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infallible79 View Post
Let me be the first to congratulate you. I have always loved the Ritz. I saw a white Ritz in Pune and fell more in love with it.

Happy & Safe Driving...
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
let me be the first (edit: second) one to congratulate you!

Please get good set of alloys as well. stock steel rims looks bland for me!

OT:

Every week i see 2 or 3 new RITZ with new registration in Mangalore. Looks like its selling like hot cake in Mangalore!
Thanks!

I Wont be going in for alloys, as this car would be solely driven by the chauffeur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
LXI, does not have power windows right?. do you intend to get it done afterwards? why did you not go for the VXI?

Congratulations!!
Thanks, The LXI does not have power windows, I've bought the LXI primarily because its my chauffeur who'll be driving.

I'll be going in for a CNG conversion asap, hence the windows don't need to be opened much, A/C will be on at all times as CNG is simply so cost effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddiwale View Post
Congrats Maglev. I would suggest you go for white alloys with red lip, paint the front break calipers and rear break drum in red. Front and rear bumper beeding also look good in white ritz. You can also black B-pillar with glossy PVC films. What about mud flaps?

Will be going in for sun films, Blackened B pillar's, mud flaps and I guess that would be it, apart from a basic ICE setup for listening to the radio.

A Small Update:

MGA anti-theft system installed, Rs 5000/-

Have done 350kms as of today, I got the car tanked up just after leaving the showroom, did about 100km after that and tanked up again. With this method she's showing a mileage of 16.32KMPL with 100% A/C (25% highway & 75% City)
Old 27th February 2010, 19:03   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Have done 350kms as of today, I got the car tanked up just after leaving the showroom, did about 100km after that and tanked up again. With this method she's showing a mileage of 16.32KMPL with 100% A/C (25% highway & 75% City)
Congos for the Ritz.
Who needs CNG asap with FE like that.
Btw, doesnt the boot space get reduced to almost nil, if CNG is installed in Ritz ?
Old 27th February 2010, 19:06   #8
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your buy. Did you resolve the reg no issue you had ?

Last edited by v&v : 27th February 2010 at 19:09.
Old 27th February 2010, 19:51   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the ritz!

Get the MGA mudflaps from the dealer only, they look excellent and fit perfectly.

And fit some decent looking wheel covers, these steel wheels look pretty downmarket.

And why do you guys hide/ block your faces on the photos?

Last edited by sidindica : 27th February 2010 at 19:52.
Old 27th February 2010, 21:48   #10
BHPian

Quote:

All in all a very practical hatchback which was needed in the family as this one is the only Hatch we've got (Apart from the Octavia)

[on the car: Attachment 295016

So why didnt you go for the Laura? its a hatch as well..
And why did you go for lxi since the difference between vxi and lxi is only around 30k and you get power windows, fog lights, wheel covers and tachometer in it.
Looking forward to your reply.
And congrats! Happy motoring.

Vidur
Old 27th February 2010, 23:43   #11
BHPian

Congrats for your buy. Your white beauty looks great. Mine is exactly opposite - a black bull .

Maintain her well and drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool.aquarian View Post
On my recent highway trip, my Ritz ZXi gave mileage of 21.61 KMPL.

Last edited by Gandhi : 27th February 2010 at 23:44.
Old 28th February 2010, 01:44   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool.aquarian View Post
Congos for the Ritz.
Btw, doesnt the boot space get reduced to almost nil, if CNG is installed in Ritz ?
Thanks Cool.Aquarian!! but with a daily running of around 90-100 km in the NCR region itself CNG does make it a lot more cheaper & greener in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Congrats on your buy. Did you resolve the reg no issue you had ?
Thanks V&V!! The Reg No. issue was resolved as we bought the car from Gurgaon on a temporary No. i.e. now I can get it registered at the Munirka RTO (DL 12) without any issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Congratulations on the ritz!

Get the MGA mudflaps from the dealer only, they look excellent and fit perfectly.

And fit some decent looking wheel covers, these steel wheels look pretty downmarket.

And why do you guys hide/ block your faces on the photos?
Thanks Sid!! will be going in for the MGA mudflaps during the 1st service.

Wheel covers will be installed after getting the steel rims painted black.

The only reason for hiding faces is that a few people had done it. So I did it as well, nothing in particular though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneekSoul View Post
So why didnt you go for the Laura? its a hatch as well..
And why did you go for lxi since the difference between vxi and lxi is only around 30k and you get power windows, fog lights, wheel covers and tachometer in it.
Looking forward to your reply.
And congrats! Happy motoring.
Vidur
Thanks Vidur,

The main reasons for not choosing the Laura are:

1. Price
2. Purpose of the purchase

This car would be used by my grand parents specifically for 3 months only after which they'll go back to the US (Thats where they actually stay).
In fact once my Grand parents leave the car would be used at my dads office 24/7 hence the laura or even the more expensive variants of the ritz itself don't make sense as this car replaces the aging CNG Accent (Around 10+ years & 1,40,000kms on the clock).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Congrats for your buy. Your white beauty looks great. Mine is exactly opposite - a black bull .
Maintain her well and drive safe. On my recent highway trip, my Ritz ZXi gave mileage of 21.61 KMPL.
Thanks!! I was amazed when I got 16+ kmpl, but the mileage you've got has me
Old 28th February 2010, 02:18   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Vidur,

The main reasons for not choosing the Laura are:

1. Price
2. Purpose of the purchase

This car would be used by my grand parents specifically for 3 months only after which they'll go back to the US (Thats where they actually stay).
In fact once my Grand parents leave the car would be used at my dads office 24/7 hence the laura or even the more expensive variants of the ritz itself don't make sense as this car replaces the aging CNG Accent (Around 10+ years & 1,40,000kms on the clock).

Ohk makes sense. I recommended Laura because you said that the Octavia is a practical hatch.

But please get wheel covers or alloys ASAP. Otherwise it looks like a taxi especially in white.
Old 28th February 2010, 04:06   #14
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your latest acquisiton Maglev.

She looks great in white, but she is desperately begging for wheel covers/alloys.

Drive safe and Happy motoring.
Old 1st March 2010, 00:22   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneekSoul View Post
Ohk makes sense. I recommended Laura because you said that the Octavia is a practical hatch.

But please get wheel covers or alloys ASAP. Otherwise it looks like a taxi especially in white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Congratulations on your latest acquisiton Maglev.

She looks great in white, but she is desperately begging for wheel covers/alloys.

Drive safe and Happy motoring.

Thanks Guys, the wheel caps would be coming up soon.

BTW I've got some very basic ICE installed, My OE SX4 HU has been transplanted into the Ritz. Link attached:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...ml#post1757667

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks