Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 14:47   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Hi, Could you put up some pics of the engine bay. I am still confused as to how and where exactly the engine is placed.
MPower: another Nano'ed TBHPian has posted pics of his Nano engine. They might help.
Seehttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1781403

The same post also has the underbody pics at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1781429

Last edited by adits : 19th March 2010 at 14:53. Reason: Added correct links
Old 19th March 2010, 16:21   #32
BHPian

Nano Saga Continues..

5. Delivery of Nano - Accessories, Dealership Experience:

Deciding on Accessories was a very special part. I went thru all the possible sources to find out what is possible and what is not.

One thing I was very clear of : 'I wanted to have my Nano look tastefully different from zillion other Nanos which will soon be on the road!'

Hence, I decided to go for Alloys and Decals.

Here is the complete list - images of the Accessories with cost etc.

1. Alloys :

I opted for the 'Y' pattern alloys. These alloys are from Tata Nano Genuine Accessories list. They have two options. 'V' pattern and 'Y' pattern. I believed that 'Y' pattern would gel well with the overall design of Nano and hence opted for one. I now feel that it was really a very good decision/choice.

Cost of Alloys - Each alloy cost 2329/- INR ( with VAT ). I gave back the original rims and half wheel cap. That saved me 1500/- INR.

Hence, final cost for me was:
4 X 2329 = 9316/- INR - 1500/- INR = 7816/- INR.

Not a bad deal right? For something that completely changes the looks of the car! I would strongly recommend Alloys for Nano. They simple make Nano stand out.

There is one more reason that Alloys had to be considered for my Nano. Full wheel caps were not at all available. Again, like LHS Wing Mirror, TATA has not designed them !!! Dont know why ?

Here is the close view of the Alloy wheels:
Attached Thumbnails
Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-alloy-wheel.jpg  

Last edited by pranav_mankad : 19th March 2010 at 16:22. Reason: Spelling correction, font change
pranav_mankad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2010, 17:22   #33
BHPian

2. Decals:

I chose Decals from the Tata Genuine Accesories List. They are known as 'Pixel Light'. The beauty of this Decal is that it is partially transparent and has only few spots with dark colours. That makes it look 'light' on the car and in a sutle way; it enhances look.

I paid : 479/- INR ( Vat Inclusive cost ) for the decals.

Decals are shown with close up below: ( Note nicely shaped side indicator! )
Attached Thumbnails
Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-side-light-.jpg  

Old 19th March 2010, 17:54   #34
BHPian

The Alloys on your Nano surely look good!
The side indicators also have got a nice shape to them!

Last edited by aman9393 : 19th March 2010 at 17:57.
Old 19th March 2010, 23:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

9K for 4 alloys!! Bummer. thats a steal. Surely I will get them later this year...
Old 21st March 2010, 11:51   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

The snow flake styled alloys look cool,the first alloys i liked as OEM Tata
Old 22nd March 2010, 15:50   #37
BHPian

Nano Saga Continues..

3. Audio System:

I went for Bluetooth enabled top end Audio system that Tata Provides as part of its Genuine Accessories. This system has Bluetooth, USB, AUX IN,MP3 CD, FM/AM Radio. It comes 'out of box' with 2 front Speakers, its wiring and Speaker Mountings. Speakers are mounted in the Dashboard.

This is the system that is specifically designed by Visteon for Tata Nano. They are selling it thru Nippon Audio tronics.
(link :Tata Nano Gets Visteon Audio System - autoevolution)

I had to pay INR 9000/- for the package. (System + Speakers+wiring)

The system does not come with a remote control. Similarly, you have to pay extra to get rear spekers done. For that:
1. You have to replace LX parcel tray. The current parcel tray is that of fibre and can not take weight of 2 speakers.
2. You have to buy 2 rear speakers.

For now, I have not gone ahead with rear speakers.
The system sounds fine. Nothing extraordinary. I am missing BASS. Hence, I will go for rear speakers in near future.

Interestingly, dealership had no clue of this system. After reading jasher26's Nano thread; I realised that such a system was possible. I then contacted him and took his help. Thanks jasher26!

Normal, aftermarket systems are not 'fit' for getting into Nano - as per dealer. Since, the slot provided for mounting audio system is slightly angled differently. This results in Lens problems as per him. I do not know how true his perspective is though.

I have attached a snapshot of system below:
Attached Thumbnails
Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-audio-system.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2010, 16:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats pranav - your nano is surely a looker!
Like the alloys and the decals - they gel really well with the car.
Nice narration too!
Keep us updated on the myriad small wonders of nano.
Drive safe!
Old 22nd March 2010, 17:24   #39
BHPian

Nano- List of Accessories Continued...

4. Sunvisor Organizer

Normally, I do not prefer this accessory. However, for Nano I found this a must. Reason ? There is no glove compartment in the car! There is no 'goggle compartment' either. So effectively there is no decent way in which you can store those multple toll and parking tickets that you keep getting. I also believe in keeping a small amount of cash ( 100 bucks ) in car. To store all these; I opted for Sunvisor Organizer.

Cost - 61/- INR.

5.Back Seat Organizer

Again, as per me; this is required only in Nano. This is because I am told that the seat covers which are provided as part of TATA Genuine Nano Accesories do not have pockets at the back of them. That means that you will find it difficult to store Newspapers, small knick knacks in your car! Back seat organizer kind of 'Hangs' behind your seat and provides you with pockets where you can even keep a water bottle.

Cost - 210/- INR.

I do not have picture of the same as it is yet to be delivered to me. Dealer was running out of stock when I bought my car.

6. Underbody Anti Rust Coating

7. Seat Covers
I certainly want to put on Seat covers. Again, Pandit Automotive did not have stock of covers. Hence, I have to wait for a week. I will post images as soon as I get one.

8. Neck Rests
These make long journeys very comfortable - especially for driver. However, 'out of stock' bug bit me again here. Dealer has promissed to deliver all the out of stock accessories to me at home.

9. What else?
Apart from these, I am contemplating idea of having bumper protector. However, I am a bit hesitant as I feel it will spoil the good 'look' of the car. Any perspectives? How helpful is it?

Here is a snap of the Sun Visor Organizer:
Attached Thumbnails
Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-sun-visor.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2010, 17:35   #40
BHPian

You have got some good accessories there.
What was the price for the underbody anti rust coating
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:58   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Congrats pranav - your nano is surely a looker!
Like the alloys and the decals - they gel really well with the car.
Nice narration too!
Keep us updated on the myriad small wonders of nano.
Drive safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
You have got some good accessories there.
What was the price for the underbody anti rust coating
Thanks blackasta and aman9393!
I will update on the price of Anti rust Coating soon.

Interior Pictures!

Here are few interior Pictures of Nano.

Notes for Pictures:

Image 1:

Note how nicely the doors open at 90 Degree. A blessing for old aged, sari clad women, patients of Arthritis etc. Infact, wide opening doors and high seating make Nano ideal for such passengers! My mother finds Nano much more comfortable to get in and out compared to our Indigo.

Image 2:
Nice Steering wheel. Very nice to hold. Horn button is light on feel and can be activated very easily. Overall design of Steering wheel gives good grip and feel.

Image 3:

Dashboard has good storage space. Also, it has a mild 'texture' on it which gives it a bit of Plush look. Note the dash mounted Speakers. I personally dont like mounting speakers that way! But Nano has limited options for front speakers.

Image 4:

Audio System and AC vents. AC vents are easy to operate and provide adequate ventilation.

Image 5:

AC recirculation Switch. Some cost cutting appears here. Note lack of any rubber around the shaft of the switch. My little daughter will find it tempting to put some junk piece of paper around that shaft!

Image 6:

A very useful Stuff! Bottle/Can holder in front of the power windows switch. This probably comes only in LX. But adds great value. It does not intrude with gear shifting inspite of being part of the same consol. Stores Bottle/Can adequately. Again very useful for Nano as it has less of door pockets/glove boxes etc. Also note provision for cigaratte lighter point. However, I was told that TATA does not allow adding it while the car is under warranty. I actually wanted to get one fitted so that I can charge my mobile while on the move...but I will have to now wait.

Image 7:

Floor Carpet ! Nothing special about it but I like the neat way in which it is tucked! In my OMNI it was a pain point. Carpet will come out every now and then.

Image 8:
Front Interiors view from Driver Side Door.

Image 9:
Instrument Cluster. Simple but very functional and practicle. Provides all the required information. I miss Revv counter and temperature guage though!
Attached Thumbnails
Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-doors-open-90-degree.jpg  

Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-steering-wheel.jpg  

Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-dashboard.jpg  

Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-audio-system-ac-controls.jpg  

Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-ac-reciculation-switch.jpg  

Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-boottle_can-holder.jpg  

Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-floor-carpet.jpg  

Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-front-interiors.jpg  

Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-instrument-cluster-ac-vents.jpg  

Old 22nd March 2010, 19:10   #42
BHPian

Mods: My apologies for back to back posts but I had exhausted max no. of images that I could attach in a mail. Hence, created this second mail. Do guide me if there is a way to over come this challenge.

Image 10 :

Instrument Cluster with lights ON. Note digital Fuel Guage.

Image 11 :

My left leg getting 'stuck' between Steering wheel column and the central consol. This is not a big issue but I would have preferred to have foot well control pedals ( Brake, Accelerator, Clutch ) to be a bit toward right from where they are. However, front wheel buldge is an issue there. FYI I am 5 Feet and 10 Inches tall.

Image 12 :

Neat fabric insert in the door pad! This is only applicable to LX model. Enhances plush feel inside cabin.
Attached Thumbnails
Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-instrument-cluster-lights-.jpg  

Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-leg-stuck-nano.jpg  

Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )-door-lining-.jpg  

Old 6th April 2010, 12:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Excellent thread this!!!

My Nano delivery was due for today. I called them and told it would take another week to 10 days and by 15th it surely would be delivered to me. I am opting only for the temporary registration for the time being. a friend of mine will help me register at the RTO with a fancy number we have in mind.

1) Alloys and other add-ons are very tempting. I may opt for it. When do I need to tell the dealer ship about what additional accessories I need? On the day of deliver or what?
2) I was denied a Pre Delivery Inspection. Said even they are not having access or something like that. As a customer do we have a right for it?
Old 6th April 2010, 16:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Excellent thread this!!!
Thanks funkykar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
1) Alloys and other add-ons are very tempting. I may opt for it. When do I need to tell the dealer ship about what additional accessories I need? On the day of deliver or what?
2) I was denied a Pre Delivery Inspection. Said even they are not having access or something like that. As a customer do we have a right for it?
Here are the answers:

1. I would recommend communicating your list of desired accessories to dealership at least 3-4 days in advance. Visit them, sit with their accessory shop guy and discuss various options/cost etc. Since many Nano accessories are only made by TATA; they do not have all of them in stock. Hence, they might have to procure it specifically for you. At times they even dont know which accessories are available from TATA! For eg. in my case, they did not know that a HU with Bluetooth and MP3 cd was available! I had to educate them. Then they got it procured for me.

2. I dont agree. Roughly here is the process that a car goes thru before it reaches your hand:

Arrival from TATA Motors plan in the Yard of Dealership. ( Usually outside city limits for Octroi stuff.) - Dealership pays octroi and brings vehichle to their local workshop - they carry out Pre Delivery Inspection of the vehicle - They send details of vehicle for the registration - Washing of vehicle etc - Delivery to you.

I was invited to carry out Pre Delivery Inspection of my vehicle after they had completed it and before registration. They allocated the vehicle on my name only after I gave them OK.

Also, as mentioned in thread; please demand VIN ( Chasis No. ) from them. It will tell you the month of manufacturing. You can share the number with Wildon on 'Finding VIN' thread of Team BHP and validate the manufacturing year/month of your vehicle.
Old 6th April 2010, 18:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
Thanks funkykar!

Here are the answers:

1. I would recommend communicating your list of desired accessories to dealership at least 3-4 days in advance. Visit them, sit with their accessory shop guy and discuss various options/cost etc. Since many Nano accessories are only made by TATA; they do not have all of them in stock. Hence, they might have to procure it specifically for you. At times they even dont know which accessories are available from TATA! For eg. in my case, they did not know that a HU with Bluetooth and MP3 cd was available! I had to educate them. Then they got it procured for me.

2. I dont agree. Roughly here is the process that a car goes thru before it reaches your hand:

Arrival from TATA Motors plan in the Yard of Dealership. ( Usually outside city limits for Octroi stuff.) - Dealership pays octroi and brings vehichle to their local workshop - they carry out Pre Delivery Inspection of the vehicle - They send details of vehicle for the registration - Washing of vehicle etc - Delivery to you.

I was invited to carry out Pre Delivery Inspection of my vehicle after they had completed it and before registration. They allocated the vehicle on my name only after I gave them OK.

Also, as mentioned in thread; please demand VIN ( Chasis No. ) from them. It will tell you the month of manufacturing. You can share the number with Wildon on 'Finding VIN' thread of Team BHP and validate the manufacturing year/month of your vehicle.

I think its a boit too late for the PDI. I was told that over a 100 cars came and they did the PDI themselves and got a temporary registration. Since they have to deliver 100 cars to different customers, they need up to 7-10 days to finish off with the cars. I will go to the dealership and check out the car.

I will try to get the VIN number from them. Does it make a difference when it was manufactured? What if it was manufactured in 2009?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks