Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2010, 17:07   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
Hi Radha Vijay! True! I could not share further experiences as got stuck into unexpected windfall of work ! But certainly intend to so so soon. Here is my experience of taking Nano on highway:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...gaon-pune.html

While its a travelougue, it primarily reviews highway characteristics of Nano. I hope you find it useful.

To solve the glove box problem, I got my self a 'Back Seat Organizer'. This accessory appears in the standard accessory list of TATA. However, I would NOT recommend this accesory. It does not "fix" properly at the back of the seat - as intended - and is proving to be a useless stuff for me. Hence, I am back to square one - in need of searching of an alternative for Glove box! I have attached below the image of accerory list with this particular accessory circled.
Thanks Pranav for the accessories list and your travelogue. I did 160 + 160 kms (2 days) and my experience was similar to yours. I got 21 kmpl; touched 90 and it's smooth! Yes you feel the cross-winds. After 1st service, my car has become very smooth.
Old 13th January 2012, 21:15   #62
BHPian

Re: Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )

Nice alloys! Will they fit on my alto? Are they 12 inch or 13 inches?
Old 21st January 2012, 16:22   #63
BHPian

Re: Lunar Beauty Arrives Home! ( My Tata Nano Lunar Silver LX )

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
4. Pre-Delivery - Dealership Experience

The transaction to pay balance amount ( On Road amount - Booking amount ) was smooth. Here are the financial details:

Nano LX BS III price On Road in Pune with Octroi : 2,02,000/-
Booking Amount Paid : 140000/-
Balance : 62,000/-

I also demanded following :
  1. I would want to know VIN number before my vehicle is alloted to me. I wanted to ensure that the alloted vehicle is manufactured in 2010. At first, the response of the sales lady was "What is VIN? We cant provide it". But on insisting;she followed up with the senior manager who called me up and shared with me that "We are completely transparent in our dealings. You will of course be getting chasis number of your vehicle shared with you; before it is allocated to you." Sales manager of the showroom immediately took photocopy of the Form 22 of the vehicle and handed over to me.
  2. I would want to do a complete PDI before the vehicle is registered on my name. This too was initialy rejected by sales lady but later was accepted by her senior manager.
  3. I would want to get special additional rider added into my TATA- AIG policy. This rider is actually known as "Zero Depriciation" rider. I will share a bit more details about this soon. Sales lady pointed me to the insurance guy. He was not aware about this facility. Hence, he asked me to call his boss. Ultimately, his boss could confirm that there is such a rider. It would cost me 1000/- INR more. I went for it.
  4. I would want to check if I can subscribe to "TATA GOLD CLUB" or "Value Care" program for my Nano. Sales lady had no clue of what I was talking about. She asked me to get in touch with service manager at the time of taking delivery.
Hi Pranav,

Your post has been immensely helpful as today I booked a tata nano LX 2012 (Pearl White) today at Pandit Automotive (Tilak Rd.) and opted for the TATA-AIG Zero depreciation rider. The guy told me it would cost me 2500/- extra ! so wanted to quickly check with you if this increase in the amount would still make it a good deal?.

I have made a payment of 70k and told him that I wanted to get form 22 and the VIN no. of the vehicle that would be allocated to me. He told that without complete payment and billing that is not possible and once financial details are complete, then he can show the form 22 prior to registration.

Is this how the process usually is or I can demand to know the details of vehicle allocated to me?. Need some help here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks