Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 00:14   #166
BHPian

I guess Khan got his sports clad beauty, and probably being hunted down by paparazzi that should explain his mysterious absence, so dude when you get back do post as many pics as possible, audience has been waiting eagerly.

a small query, when I TD polo on right side of driver seat a plastic part seemed to be out of its place, the one which is used to cover the side-part of seat bottom. SP tried to fix it but no matter what, this part wont fix. A similar observation was made by fellow Bhpian in one of the threads, is it the same with your car too???
Old 10th April 2010, 13:27   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by formel_eins View Post
I guess Khan got his sports clad beauty, and probably being hunted down by paparazzi that should explain his mysterious absence, so dude when you get back do post as many pics as possible, audience has been waiting eagerly.
Khan probably is off to Shimla for the weekend, I guess we will all to wait till then for the pics and performance reviews.
Old 10th April 2010, 20:55   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Khan probably is off to Shimla for the weekend, I guess we will all to wait till then for the pics and performance reviews.
I had a word with Khan yesterday and he has headed 70 odd kms past Shimla touching J&K border; both of his read beauties - Italian and German have accompanied him. The sports kit is done and is reportedly looking fabulous. Let's hear it all from him when he's back.

Last edited by sheetumanu : 10th April 2010 at 21:02.
Old 11th April 2010, 12:29   #169
BHPian

@khan - I infer the inside Bonnet cover might help reducing the engine noise. But where to buy it from? It is not mentioned in the VW POLO-ACC list.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:49   #170
BHPian

Khan, where are you mate? even my imaginations have stopped working, sports clad beauty, cant wait anymore
Old 16th April 2010, 15:11   #171
Senior - BHPian

Hey Khan, Can we have some pics? You've hardly posted any pics of your Polo. We'd love to see more interior shots. As I'm contemplating to buy the Polo HL, could you plz answer some doubts?
1. How does Polo's key fob look like? Does it have remote boot opening and remote central locking?
2. Does the sport kit come with blacked out headlamps?
3. In between the Polo and Punto, which has better rear space comfort?
4. Which sunfilms have you installed?
Old 16th April 2010, 16:34   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Hey Khan, Can we have some pics? You've hardly posted any pics of your Polo. We'd love to see more interior shots. As I'm contemplating to buy the Polo HL, could you plz answer some doubts?
1. How does Polo's key fob look like? Does it have remote boot opening and remote central locking?
2. Does the sport kit come with blacked out headlamps?
3. In between the Polo and Punto, which has better rear space comfort?
4. Which sunfilms have you installed?
I have booked a polo HL so would put some light on your queries, I hope Khan wont mind it

1) Fob has a folding key and feels good in hand. Some of the functions which SP demonstrate include remote boot opening, central locking and remote closing of all windows.

2) No

3) As per my test, these is very little to choose between the two. Though I felt seat angle of polo was more inclined and seemed to accommodate 3 people better than Punto. But Khan would be right person to really pin point on this.
Old 6th August 2010, 23:43   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
I'm pretty sure I have a snap of the back of the HU DIN on my laptop that I had found on some forum. Will post it when I get home.
hey Khan75,
I am planning to upgrade my HU in polo (1.6 delivery expected end of this month) to the one available in jetta or pasaat.
Its a touchscreen unit Model# RCD-510. The VW guys have simply refused to offer any help or even sell the HU to me.

I was wondering if theres anyway you can maybe find out if its possible to connect the stereo. The size of the HU is same across the VW range. There are youtube videos which show the HU fitted in a Polo(not indian though).

Since you said you had the pic of the back of the HU, i am attaching a pic of the back of RCD-510. Maybe if they seem similar to you , it might be possible to retrofit it in my polo. Please help me out, i really need to be sure before i go out and buy the HU.

Do you know by any chance if a HU bought from USA would catch the FM signals in India. I have been hearing that USA FM frequency intervals are different than that in India, so its like it wont be able to tune to 95.0 only 95.1 or 94.9. Is this true?
Attached Thumbnails
VW Polo : Ze Germans have invaded my house!-vw10.jpg  

VW Polo : Ze Germans have invaded my house!-vw5.jpg  

Old 12th August 2010, 21:49   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkitPrashar View Post
Do you know by any chance if a HU bought from USA would catch the FM signals in India. I have been hearing that USA FM frequency intervals are different than that in India, so its like it wont be able to tune to 95.0 only 95.1 or 94.9. Is this true?
I have a Kenwood HU from the US on my Swift. I think you are correct on the FM frequency - my HU tunes on to 91.1,91.3,91.5.... misses the even numbers. However most of the major FM channels in Kolkata run on similar frequencies except for a few like Fever 104.0. Those channels are not so clear but gets better if I switch to the Clear Reception mode (some form of a built in mode which changes the audio into Mono from stereo).
Old 8th February 2011, 20:09   #175
BHPian

Re: VW Polo : Ze Germans have invaded my house!

hi, you must have a wonderful garage with the two best looking hatches!!
And a very good comparison in the beginning!
But need to ask you something -
Firstly, Ive got no specific priorities, really love the polo's interiors thou!
I am being offered
GP - Emotion pack 1.4 with extended warranty, basic acc, and seat covers for 6.89 lacs On road
Delivery in around 15 days

Polo - Highline 1.2 with no extended warranty, no acc, and no seat cover for 6.80 lacs
Delivery in 3 months min.

Plus, my budget really is 7 lacs MAX, so I could possibly get some basic acc in polo but nothing to high.

The only thing stopping me buying a punto is the interior quality and the fact that the current punto we have here has been facelifted worldwide to the punto EVO

So what would you do if you were in my shoes?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks