Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 12:15   #61
BHPian

nice review khan. u have two red beauties

do post more comparison on the handling and ride quality of the beauties
Old 24th March 2010, 14:23   #62
BHPian

Just got back from a short highway run - Gurgaon toll plaza to the Manesar toll and back, that's roughly 55km of mostly flat roads and little traffic. Average over the entire run - 16.7kpl at a steady 80-85kph with the A/C blower on 2. No hypermiling techniques were used except for feathering the accelerator to keep the speedometer in check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
@Khan75: Where do you put up in Delhi? Would love to sneak a peek at this stunning couple
Panchsheel Park. My cars are quite shy so it might be a little difficult to spot them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
nice review khan. u have two red beauties

do post more comparison on the handling and ride quality of the beauties
Will do.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:31   #63
Senior - BHPian

Khan, how good is the mileage indicator. Is it accurate. Once the engine smoothens out I still think you can expect the highway mileage figure of ~18, I quoted earlier. These figures blow away Punto and i20. If VW can bring down the service and maintenance costs, this will be one of cheapest petrol car to run in its category
Old 24th March 2010, 14:35   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Khan, how good is the mileage indicator. Is it accurate. Once the engine smoothens out I still think you can expect the highway mileage figure of ~18, I quoted earlier. These figures blow away Punto and i20. If VW can bring down the service and maintenance costs, this will be one of cheapest petrol car to run in its category
@Poloman: Thats a good stat did not know this angle of the Polo, I was under the opinion Beat was the most economical of all the petrol vehicles currently in the market.

@Khan75: Great going, looks like your review thread is one of the most sought after thred in the forum, of course Joe's Figo thread is also running close behind.
Old 24th March 2010, 16:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not really. One of our TBhpians got 18 on his Punto on Pune-Mumbai run. I feel if the Punto and Polo are driven in 80-100 range both will return more or less the same FE. I can not comment on i20 though. The only problem with Punto petrol is, the higher rpm response and engine note is very tempting
Old 24th March 2010, 18:12   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan75 View Post
Panchsheel Park. My cars are quite shy so it might be a little difficult to spot them.
How about sporting tbhp stickers on them for easy spotting
Since this thread is 'hyperactive', so I thought of mentioning that a quick tbhp meet at Noida is being organized in the first week of April. Bhpians from all over Delhi/NCR are welcome. May I request the interested members to visit the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...eet-noida.html

Any help in co-ordination of this meet would be greatly appreciated as well.

@khan75: How about driving down in your German beauty and grace the occasion. We'd love to behold your 'Das Auto'
Old 24th March 2010, 18:21   #67
BHPian

Nice to know that you are getting a good mileage.Personally regarding the engine,between the punto and the polo which one do you enjoy on a highway?
Old 25th March 2010, 00:57   #68
BHPian

Quote:
The next refuel should be coming up in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
@Khan75: Great going, looks like your review thread is one of the most sought after thred in the forum, of course Joe's Figo thread is also running close behind.
Thanks.
Quote:

@khan75: How about driving down in your German beauty and grace the occasion. We'd love to behold your 'Das Auto'
I'll try. Have you guys decided on a date yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Nice to know that you are getting a good mileage.Personally regarding the engine,between the punto and the polo which one do you enjoy on a highway?
Highway driving as an overall package? The Punto, it's just a better cruiser. Both cars are heading up to Shimla for the weekend of the 10th of April so we'll have a real comparison then.

Last edited by khan75 : 25th March 2010 at 00:59.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:09   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I'll try. Have you guys decided on a date yet?
We're planning for the weekend of 3rd-4th April with 3rd being the most probable date. The discussion is ongoing on the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...eet-noida.html

We'd love to have you in.
Old 25th March 2010, 15:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

@ Khan
First of all congrats. After going through this thread the first question which came in my mind is, Why Polo when you already have Punto?
Old 25th March 2010, 17:03   #71
BHPian

Detailed review of the stock sound system coming tonight. The comparo on the 1st page should give you an indication of its capabilities.

Quote:
We're planning for the weekend of 3rd-4th April with 3rd being the most probable date. The discussion is ongoing on the following thread:
We'd love to have you in.
Hmm seems doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
@ Khan
First of all congrats. After going through this thread the first question which came in my mind is, Why Polo when you already have Punto?
I hope you aren't expecting an answer to your question since I've already posted that bit earlier in the thread.

Last edited by khan75 : 25th March 2010 at 17:15.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:18   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hmm seems doable.
Thanks mate; I'll put your name for the meet and request you to follow the "meet" thread for updates.
Old 25th March 2010, 17:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope you aren't expecting an answer to your question since I've already posted that bit earlier in the thread.
I asked that question again since the only reason you pointed out earlier was that Punto is not economical in city and was thinking why Polo petrol and not something with a diesel heart. It looks like you wanted to buy VW Polo so you bought one
Old 25th March 2010, 17:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
when I had gone for test drive I had asked SP about service cost, he mentioned that it requires 3L oil change and service charges of approx. Rs1500. So I guess it would bein the range of Rs.5K per 15000Kms.

@Khan75, maybe you have asked about service costs to your dealer??
Old 25th March 2010, 23:27   #75
BHPian

Quote:
My 1.4 EmotionPack is probably the cheapest Punto on TBHP. Tell me, if you happen to find one in mint condition for 4.6L, would you still buy the 6L+ oil burner variant?
:
whoaaaaa ! ...4.6L for a Punto 1.4 Emotion pack for a second hand (barely 6-9 months old)! Khan saab ...How did you manage this ? I am sitting with the price list handout from Tata-FIAT motors, this tells me that a new Punto Petrol 1.4 Emotion Pack has a ON ROAD price of approx 6.25 L (post discounts) and you managed seemed to have managed a depreciation of approx 1.5 lacs in 6-9 months on a hot selling car !

Seems like a case of 'desperation sale' (original owner moving out of country on an immediate basis or something)....or did you put a gun to the owners head ? ...If not, is this a reflection on the re-sale value of the model in the first place ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks