Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2011, 23:02   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: My First Car, Ritz VDI

Just take it to mass and ask them to clear the filter.

This is issue is common if you run with only the blower on or if you turn on the recirculation mode. it is because of fungii build up in the evaporator coil. just use the knob to control and leave all the other switches always on post getting it cleaned.

If it is mandatory you run in re-circulation mode, then ask them to get the additional filter for you. costs about 900 rs. The filter is not there just a dummy plate in its place, so when you switch off re-circulation, the polluted air gets inside the cabin. This is contrary to what a lot of people think. A lot of people assume that the filter is present there. Just talk to MASS about it.
Old 15th December 2011, 16:17   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Just take it to mass and ask them to clear the filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post

The filter is not there just a dummy plate in its place, so when you switch off re-circulation, the polluted air gets inside the cabin. This is contrary to what a lot of people think. A lot of people assume that the filter is present there. Just talk to MASS about it.
Could you please let me know which filter i will have to ask them to clean if there is no filter in place only, instead a dummy plate is there .

Update On Mileage after up-sizing to 195/60/15 :-

City :- 16.13 kmpl with 30% A/C , earlier used to get close to 16.8 - 17.00 kmpl .

Will keep everyone update about it .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 15th December 2011 at 16:32.
Old 15th December 2011, 16:37   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Could you please let me know which filter i will have to ask them to clean if there is no filter in place only, instead a dummy plate is there .

oh there are couple of filters. one is the in cabin filter and the other is the outside air filter.

read this for a DIY - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1193006

I am still hunting around for the post made by the BHPian for the extra filter that he purchased. will post that as soon as i get it.

edit

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2518923

edit 2: found a more appropriate thread (please look at page 2 for pics) - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2559115

Last edited by govigov : 15th December 2011 at 17:04.
Old 22nd December 2011, 21:28   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Good choice of alloys. It suits your car very well. It also is much better than the earlier one which you had.

By the way, wouldn't you be having trouble rotating the tires with your uni directional ones? Please correct me if i am just being too stupid
Old 22nd December 2011, 22:18   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Good choice of alloys. It suits your car very well. It also is much better than the earlier one which you had.

By the way, wouldn't you be having trouble rotating the tires with your uni directional ones? Please correct me if i am just being too stupid
Thanks Bro .
Ya the new alloys looks better than the old ones
Regarding the tyres, these ZLO's are not uni directional, that's the only reason why i didnt opt for ES100.

These tyres can be rotated without any issues.

Bdw reached this mark a few days back .
My First Car, Ritz VDI-161220111561.jpg

Cheers.

Last edited by Schoudhury : 22nd December 2011 at 22:21.
Old 27th December 2011, 21:24   #171
Senior - BHPian

Going for a long drive tomorrow with family.
So got 9 point service done @ pratham motors as the car has cover 4.5k kms after the 20k service

All fluids etc were checked and top up was done .

It took around 45 mins to get all the things checked .

Paid Rs 496 for the same .

Also got the Jabra Freeway car kit , now taking calls while driving has become really simple .Earlier i never used to take call while driving or used to always stop and then answer calls,but now i can answer calls without any tension , you feel like you are talking to someone seating right next to you and not over the phone.

Ya, but i wish the voice commands would have worked like the way it was supposed to work then it would have been perfect.

Also a quick update on the FE part after switching to 195/60/15 tyres.

17.88 kmpl, thats simply awesome , even with the JK i was not able to achieve this

I think this is mainly because of the slight change in way i drive now a days and also i start early for office , so that also helps.

Cheers.
Old 27th December 2011, 23:08   #172
Senior - BHPian

Surprised that you went in for MRFs. Bridgestones are soft compound and would have fitted your pocket too!
Old 4th January 2012, 22:02   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Surprised that you went in for MRFs. Bridgestones are soft compound and would have fitted your pocket too!
Ya, i also thought about G3's , but after reading Nikhil's review about ZLO just went for it.

Anyways, back from the hyderabad trip. Man, hyderabad has changed some much in last 5 years compared to 05-06 when i used to live there .

Boy !!!! it was fun driving in that route .You need to drive in that route to experience it .

Utilized the 195 rubbers to its max.

While coming back cover the airport to airport in around 7 hours time with one 45 mins break .

Pushed my baby to max and it never disappointment me .

While going was able to get around 18+ kmpl with 70% a/c and while coming with 100% a/c got around 17kmpl, which i feel awesome even after using 195 sections tyres.

Also, im not sure why people consider FIGO Tdci to be under powered, there was red figo which i saw while coming back to blore and it was constantly doing 150+ kmph through out . I tried to overtook the car a couple of times but was not able to

Because of the upsize to 195/60/15 the top speed of my Ritzy has definitely come down.
It touches 150 w/o issues and feels rock solid but after that it needs to be really pushed to touch 160. Earlier with 165 JK's , 165 on the speedo was a piece of cake but it was not at all stable and used to have some more juice to go .

My car has completed 26k kms and its time to get the engine oil and filter changed , also will get the air filter cleaned once again infront of me .
Old 5th January 2012, 21:26   #174
Senior - BHPian

Engine Oil and filter changed

Got the engine oil and the oil filter changed today @ Pratham motors.
The way it was done is different from the way it was done earlier .

Now they have a seperate section in the service center for oil change, earlier they used to do the same in the service bay only.
My First Car, Ritz VDI-050120121601.jpg

The service center is now equipped with pumps similar to the kind which we see in petrol pumps.
My First Car, Ritz VDI-050120121597.jpg
These pumps are connected to the different types of engines oil.
My First Car, Ritz VDI-050120121598.jpg

According to the requirement they fed the digital console the amount of engine oil to be filled and thats it.
My First Car, Ritz VDI-050120121603.jpg

Not Bad.
Earlier it used to take around 45 mins to an hour for the oil change, but now it was done under 30 mins .Moreover no tension of excess oil getting filled .

Good stuff MASS.
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-050120121599.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-050120121600.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-050120121602.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-050120121605.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-050120121604.jpg  

Schoudhury is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 22:45   #175
Senior - BHPian

My Ritzy Turned 2 years today .

Time just files.

I still remember the day , we brought our car home, and feel like it was just a few days back.

But no, it was 2 years ago.

Anyways, like an of your family members, during the birthdays we take blessing from THE ALMIGHTY,so same was the case with my Ritzy also .

Had to work pretty late last night and also down with viral fever,but still woke yup early, cleaned her up and gave a nice shampoo bath.

Went to the hanuman temple in HSR layout and asked the pujari for the vahan puja .Got the stuff needed and with 45 mins all was done.

The only difference between the last 2 puja that was performed for my Ritzy and this puja was, my son was there along with me and my wife.

When we got the car home 2 years back, he was still on his way to this world and it was because of him only we got the car.

It was special day for us so thought of sharing with you all.

Anyways some pictures of my Ritzy .
Attached Thumbnails
My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc_0004-custom.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc_0005-custom.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc_0006-custom.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc_0008-custom.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc_0009-custom.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc_0010-custom.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc_0012-custom.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc_0035-custom.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc_0037-custom.jpg  

My First Car, Ritz VDI-dsc_0038-custom.jpg  

Schoudhury is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 09:14   #176
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on completing 2 blissful years, the 195 profile tires really make the Ritz look more beefy & muscular
Old 9th March 2012, 09:39   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Congrats on completing 2 blissful years, the 195 profile tires really make the Ritz look more beefy & muscular
Yes, they give a completely new look to the car.

Also , forgot to update in my last post.
My Ritzy has crossed 30k mark and right now touching 31k .
So got my 30 k service done, few days back.
Bill came around 2.8k.
I forgot to tell them about the engine flush and also the EGR cleaning when i dropped the car for service, by the time i reminded them , they in the process of putting the new engine oil .

Anyways, planning to get these done during the 35k oil change.

I didnt have many thing to take care, apart from the normal service and a few touch ups , which they did fine.

During the service i wanted to swap the wheelnuts of my car with the ones that comes with the Z variants of maruti and also swap the switch which have been fitted for the DRL with the one the swtich that comes for the fog light , but they didnt have them in stock and had to place a order for these.

One strange thing happened after i got the car serviced.
I was waiting in the sony world signal and the light was about to go green , so i cranked the ignition , but the car refused to start .
The service check light was blinking like crazy .
So i took the key off and then again tried but still no go , so i indicated the cars behind me about the same and started the pushing the car to the other side of the car .After sometime i thought let me try once again,and bingo it started in one go and it has been more then 400km after that and its running smooth, not sure what went wrong.

Any pointers, what could be the issue .

Cheers
Old 9th March 2012, 09:46   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So i took the key off and then again tried but still no go , so i indicated the cars behind me about the same and started the pushing the car to the other side of the car .After sometime i thought let me try once again,and bingo it started in one go and it has been more then 400km after that and its running smooth, not sure what went wrong.

Any pointers, what could be the issue .

Cheers
I think i had faced a similar situation with my Zen, mine was not taking the self itself, however, before this incident happened I was playing the music and also the over head light was on for more than 15mins, the car then started normal after switching off everything for 5 mins.

Maybe its electrical, better to get it checked but then its going to be hard to explain the the SA's as they will not be able to replicate the error but maybe the onboard comp may have recorded some error.
Old 15th March 2012, 17:44   #179
BHPian

Re: My Ritzy Turned 2 years today .

Quote:
Time just files.

I still remember the day , we brought our car home, and feel like it was just a few days back.

But no, it was 2 years ago.

Anyways, like an of your family members, during the birthdays we take blessing from THE ALMIGHTY,so same was the case with my Ritzy also .

Had to work pretty late last night and also down with viral fever,but still woke yup early, cleaned her up and gave a nice shampoo bath.

Went to the hanuman temple in HSR layout and asked the pujari for the vahan puja .Got the stuff needed and with 45 mins all was done.

The only difference between the last 2 puja that was performed for my Ritzy and this puja was, my son was there along with me and my wife.

When we got the car home 2 years back, he was still on his way to this world and it was because of him only we got the car.

It was special day for us so thought of sharing with you all.

Anyways some pictures of my Ritzy .
Time Flies SC.Even I cant believe our Ritzy is almost 3 year old.Even my cousin at Bangalore bought his first car RITZ VDi in Bakers chocolate.Congrats on the milestone.The smoked head lamps and the new alloys looks awesome.Do update
Sreehari
Old 15th March 2012, 18:01   #180
Senior - BHPian

Hey schodhury: I went through the thread but fail to get the details I was looking for, what make is that Spoiler? Is MGA? What was the cost?

I must say you have maintained your car really well, wish you lots and lots of more pleasent miles with it.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks