Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 14:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thunderbird77

I own a petrol figo and in cabin sound isn't that much. its only when you cross 3K rmp you can feel and hear the engine cry.
I agree about the manual. Its total junk. It has nothing useful in it.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:17   #17
BHPian

Sacrifice ,sacrifice ,sacrifice.

I don’t understand that in India, why car maker want us to sacrifice. As somebody say that no need for rear power windows because we drive 90% of time with AC but is it not sacrifice . After all how much this cost. Also as Chaudhrysan told that for USB , you have to purchase USB cable separately ,then it is a very poor example of cost cutting . After all how much an USB cable cost and what is the use of USB without the cable.

Mod's Note: Can we please start typing directly in the editor window provided on this board rather than copy pasting from an external word-processing program?

We have cleaned up your post of all the unrendered font, color, emphasis and other such tags just for this once. Please do take care of this in future.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmanaman View Post
the Figo AC is not that effective in my opinion.
Why is it that we get conflicting reports about the Figo AC?

Some have praised it as the best AC among hatchbacks and some
saying it's an overestimate.
A recent AirCon-shootout by an Automag rated Chevy-UVA's AC as the best and FIGO occupies only the 4th spot in B-segment.

Figo owners please clarify.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

The A/C is a chiller. You can feel it if you keep your hand near the blower. But the front dash gets terribly hot if parked in the sun for just 15 minutes. I guess the black ones get more hot and this drastically reduces the cooling of the cabin. In Our fusion we have never ben able to put the fan speed on 3 for more than 5 minutes. The cabin would be a very cold by then. On the Figo if i need the cabin to be cool i need to keep the fan at 3 for atleast 10-15 minutes after parking under the sun.

The Vista is a stonker from the front and side. What spoils the look of the Vista is the dumb rear that tries to look like an indica. It has got the best rear seats you can get in a hatch. Very comfortable and a superb engine mated to a good gear box. If you are not worried about panels falling out or similar small niggling fit/finish/quality issues its the best car you can own at that price.

The Figo too is not a bad choice at the price considering the space, engine characteristic's and feature list. If i were to choose i would choose the Figo for the better driving dynamics, fit and finish quality, handling capabilities and the proven engine.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Dude, can you please edit your post? There are these [COLOR] and [FONT] tags everywhere, making it almost impossible to read. Did you copy paste from Outlook or somewhere else?

I like that!

Overall, honest opinion about the car. What do you think of the red dash?
---------------------------
Sorry mate. It was my maiden post. Screwed-up a bit.

Shall ensure clean post next time.

Though it was weird in the beginning I started adjusting with it. It looks good when dim lighting though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post

These are my personal opinion, my only question is that why figo when your heart lies at indica. Now that you have got it start loving it, makes things easier.

Thanks mate for your thoughts. I bought this because it was my wife's choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats Thunderbird77 for the purchase. You seem to be quite unsatisfied with the car. You are driving a diesel. The engine noise would definitely on the higher side. I am surprised about the tire wobbling thing, never heard about that in a Ford.
Agree completely with you for points #3,4,9,10 and 11(bad ones)

Thanks Utopian. Agree about the diesel noise. But the noise is higher than Vista. In Vista even the horn sounds distant.

-Thunderbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Dear Thunder

Congrats about the new car.

It certainly feels that you are pretty dissatisfied with the buy.
My dissatisfaction doesn't matter. As this is my wife's car and she is loving it. My 4 yr old son refuses to come with me if I take my Accent.

Mod's Note: A few quick notes for you...
1. Do not copy paste from external sources.
2. Respond to everyone in one go. Use the Multiquote button.
3. Do not quote an essay to respond with a single line.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:00   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Why is it that we get conflicting reports about the Figo AC?

Some have praised it as the best AC among hatchbacks and some
saying it's an overestimate.
A recent AirCon-shootout by an Automag rated Chevy-UVA's AC as the best and FIGO occupies only the 4th spot in B-segment.

Figo owners please clarify.

Figo's A/C is effective only if you put it full cooling and cabin circulation mode. If you keep it half cool, it is way below even Santro's A/C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Congratulations on your new car. I'm sure as you get used to the car, you will appreciate your decision to buy a Ford Figo.
Thanks mate! As I said earlier it is my wife's choice. She and my kid have already started a band wagon canvasing for Figo among their friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysan View Post
@thunderbird77
1. Looks are personal, so cant comment. Mistake it for Fusion, but Ikon?
2. Endine noise is there (diesel hai na) but not overly intrusive when the engine warms up. Iprefer some engine noise to be heard because I change gears using that as a guide. For me, tyre/road noise intrusion over 90 kph is more of an issue.
3. Issue with some, not an issue with others.
4. Cost cutting, but no justification. However, you will get used to it in no time.
5. No experience with Accent, but I found it quite effective in Figo.
6. Suspension is on stiffer side, not soft. Both advantages and disadvantages of this. Tyre wobbling - please get this checked as this not a typical Ford issue.
11. Cost cutting, but ridiculous. You need to have a helper in the car a la truck style.
12. Boy, this is the second incident of this happening on this Forum. Ford needs to pull up their audio vendor.
13. True to some extent.
14. Need to check out.
15. You have to purchase the USB cable seperately.

Honestly, with the way your heart lies with Vista, I don't know whether I should but congratulations and best wishes. Hope your experience over time improves and you enjoy your new drive to the fullest.

Vista may be an underrated car with features packed in, but I don't have full confidence in Tata A.S.S. Overall, for me the Figo package was better.
The sun film fitters keep referring this as Ikon. It may be because of its color 'Sea Grey' the front facia looks similar to Ikon.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th April 2010 at 16:51. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi (Quote +) instead, Thanks
Old 20th April 2010, 17:08   #22
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Thunderbird77 - After booking Figo, I have got many calls from Vista quadra sales guy tempting me to cancel this booking. Got an offer -Vista Quadra Aura for 5.25 OTR. I was in dilemma when my family was against Vista.
-To be honest Vista has good scores to outclass Figo and Figo has some. Spec to Spec comparison cannot be done and need to sacrifice on some thing.
-One thing I noticed was the older Vistas of 2008, looks like a ten year old cars due to their poor quality. I sincerely hope this will not be a case of Figo.
-I feel the quality of spares is better in Figo
-And in the stability and grip Figo is well ahead of Vista
-As lot of multi car owners in tbhp have pointed out that Figo is a drivers paradise and am confident of that (driven Fiesta diesel for a very short distance) and hope Figo will not let down.
-Rear PW - My idea is to close the back window fully and remove the handle and keep inside the glovebox
-A/c - You can very well check with a temp meter and take to the dealer if there is a problem. The A/c compressor is from Fiesta - so it should work well.

Hope you would come out of the negatives shortly and enjoy Figo... Happy Driving

-
Old 20th April 2010, 17:30   #23
BHPian

One thing I notice is, some Figowners claim this a city car. But I have different opinion. I find it troublesome controlling it in city traffic. Because of its high torque at low RPM it leaps forward when you give gas in second and third gear. It gives me jitters since it has A/C condenser practically acting as front bumper!

However at highways it just cruises like a champ! Overtakes confidently which was surprisingly much better than my 1.6 L Accent petrol.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:32   #24
A.R
BHPian

With many reliable after market power window systems available, can't it be retrofited on the FIGO?
Old 20th April 2010, 22:46   #25
BHPian

Congratulations
I have seen few comments on the wrongly placed engine hood release, well how many times you open the engine hood while driving. So is it really an issue/ inconvenience or just for the sake of adding another -ve point
Old 20th April 2010, 22:58   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtheindian View Post
Congratulations
I have seen few comments on the wrongly placed engine hood release, well how many times you open the engine hood while driving. So is it really an issue/ inconvenience or just for the sake of adding another -ve point
Imagine a situation wherein your cousin; just out of curiosity pulls up the lever ; when you are at speeds of 100-120; Shouldnt that lever placed at drivers end make a sense?

I know there is a lock; to pull the hood all over; But you never know when Murphy's law kicks off.!
Old 21st April 2010, 04:27   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Imagine a situation wherein your cousin; just out of curiosity pulls up the lever ; when you are at speeds of 100-120; Shouldnt that lever placed at drivers end make a sense?

I know there is a lock; to pull the hood all over; But you never know when Murphy's law kicks off.!

wouldn't it be the same if he pulls the hand brake .
I don't think the hood will pop up unless you release the lock underneath the bonnet and lift it up
Old 21st April 2010, 10:32   #28
BHPian

Congrats. Figo is a great buy. Don't have second thoughts about it. Vista, with whatever strengths it has falls short in various areas - reliability, handling, fit and finish. If you are planning to keep the car for more than 3 years, the Figo will prove its worth.
Feel assured that the US style stalks will not be a hurdle.You will get used to them very soon and will start finding it more comfortable.
As far as the AC is concerned, I don't know why these conflicting reports are coming in. The Figo has same compressor as the Fiesta - so the AC should be a chiller. One of my friends got a Figo, who also owns a Honda City - the latest generation one, commented that the Figo's AC was better than his ANHC.
Now, waiting for you to post your pics.
Old 21st April 2010, 10:44   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
The A/c compressor is from Fiesta - so it should work well.
-
Are you sure?
i remember reading in the main Figo thread somebody saying
this is a different compressor.
Old 21st April 2010, 10:53   #30
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Are you sure?
i remember reading in the main Figo thread somebody saying
this is a different compressor.
The 1.4 TDCi & A/c compressor are borrowed from Fiesta.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks