Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2010, 17:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
How about the Fiesta rear power windows? Should be a direct fit.
It might have not been so easy, other wise Ford would have already fixed it .

This is my view on why there are no PW on the rear.

While designing Ford engineers might have encountered space constrains, due to the door design.
To accommodate a Power window mechanism they would have to either redesign the entire door ( a very costly affair) or the evolve a super sleek PW mechanism to fit inside (You now any thing sleek is not cheap ) .
Ford on a tight budget for developing a low cost model Figo, decided to go with manual winders.

Last edited by tj123 : 14th May 2010 at 17:56. Reason: typo
Old 14th May 2010, 18:09   #62
BHPian

I definitely don't want the Govt designing my cars. Esp the controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
As GTO had said in an earlier post, I strongly feel that government should have a uniform system for essential controls.
Old 14th May 2010, 19:32   #63
BHPian

100%yes

After driving my Figo over 400kms, I thought I can answer your question ... yes, its definitely 100% worth the hype. My Titanium version is worth every penny and trust me I moved from a Maruti, the trusted 5 Speed 800 and it really feels great griving this car.
Till now I have driven in bumper traffic, highway, and rains, couple of streets here where its a steep uphill climb. It turbo feel was amazing.

Its worth every penny, thats my take.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 14th May 2010 at 19:34.
Old 19th May 2010, 16:21   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
After driving my Figo over 400kms, I thought I can answer your question ... yes, its definitely 100% worth the hype. My Titanium version is worth every penny and trust me I moved from a Maruti, the trusted 5 Speed 800 and it really feels great griving this car.
Till now I have driven in bumper traffic, highway, and rains, couple of streets here where its a steep uphill climb. It turbo feel was amazing.

Its worth every penny, thats my take.
Agree 100%. I have the titanium petrol version and i have clocked in 500km and trust me it is a charm. Complete VFM and you grow to love it everyday. The most important aspect is you feel safe in the car on highways. I upgraded from my M800 and have no regrets. Yes i was very reluctant to give the 800 however to difficult to keep both...
Old 27th May 2010, 17:03   #65
BHPian

Nice practical review there buddy. Congratulations on your new car dude - your 4-yr old will shortly make you say "I love the Figo" :-)

Personally, I hate the incorrectly placed controls as well - I think they should be standardized. Cant imagine a 2-car household with differently placed controls. For what its worth, I have a tough time adjusting for a week after even a few month's trip to the US.

Someone was equating pulling the handbrake to releasing the bonnet.

I think - there's a reason why the gear shift and the indicator control are on opposite sides - they are usually used together (downshifting with turn-indicator).

I respectfully disagree. As a driver - even if I am at 100kmph, I can still do something about a 3-year old pulling the brake lever (left hand is free anyway - give wifey a break

Jokes apart - if the 3-yr old was nibbling on the bonnet release which is at the far side door - I'd be really nervous about that - I cant do anything to stop him apart from yelling at him - which at least in my case doubles his desire to mess with my emotions!

My 2c - no offense meant!
Old 29th May 2010, 14:20   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Why is it that we get conflicting reports about the Figo AC?

Some have praised it as the best AC among hatchbacks and some
saying it's an overestimate.
A recent AirCon-shootout by an Automag rated Chevy-UVA's AC as the best and FIGO occupies only the 4th spot in B-segment.

Figo owners please clarify.

Being a proud Owner of UVA and having TDed for Figo, I can assure you UVA's AC is much better than anyone in the segment.

AirCon Expert will tell you its not just the compressor size but the individual components Radiator, HVAC, Tube Liquids, Coolants and Compressor combined which makes an AC effective. As my understanding of Cars and AC goes( Having worked on multiple Industrial & Automobile, Air-conditioning projects) UVA's Aircon is even better thans its big brother Aveo apart from Swifts, i20s & figos of the world.

What i have not seen from any of the forum members so far is the complaint about Figo's Gear box.

a) it is very small and a long distance from Driver's reach
b) you have to be very precise in shifting the gears, to be able to shift it
c) it is so close to the dash board (1 to 1.5 Inches in upper gears), my hand kept hitting Dashboard, everytime I took the gear 1,3 & 5.

Don't know if it was just me who felt it awkwardness in using Figo Gearbox.
Old 29th May 2010, 14:56   #67
BHPian

Can you please post your FE figures?
Old 3rd July 2010, 22:33   #68

Quote:
Suspension is not that great. I feel like the tyres wobble when you go over pot holes.
I've test driven the Figo 1.2 Petrol THRICE, and all three times I got the feeling as if it were wobbling. The first time the sales exec convinced me that the tyre pressure in that particular unit was incorrect. But the feeling persisted in the latter test drives too.

Is this wobbling a characteristic of a "hard suspension" -- whatever that means? Is it supposed to be a good thing? Today I test drove a Punto and a Figo back-to-back and I didn't find this "wobbliness" in the Punto.

@sumathindra what's your take? Don't you experience the wobbliness ever?
Old 5th July 2010, 15:31   #69

when i first took the test drive of the Figo, a slight wobble was noticeable but when i actually drove my own 1.2 figo titanium it was missing. I believe it must be due to the excessive air pressure in the tyres of the TD car plus the initial cars were shod with apollo tyres. For some unknown reason the showroom guys always tend to overfill the air pressure of the car's tyres before delivery. Ensuring correct air pressure alongwith MRF or goodyear OEM tyres should solve this issue.
Old 20th July 2010, 10:55   #70
BHPian

Share your experience so far

Hello fellow Figowners,

How is the experience so far with this car? Share your thoughts, I am eager to hear.

For me it is still 50:50. No outright answer. Since I have to swap Accent and Figo very frequently I can't help noticing the differences. To say a few,
  • Thudding sound comes while braking with tankful. Typical US Car trait!
  • Gear shift is not that smooth. Feels clunky. Accent's is the best in the business.
  • It's scary sight to look up inside the glove box. Car's internal organs are visible.
  • This car hates moving up the ramp in second gear. I need to switch back to 1st gear. May be a typical diesel trait.
  • Forgot when I last filled the tank. Having said that that the FE is not impressive though (15 KM/L)
  • A/C is a big downer. Just can't understand how people praise Figo's A/C.
-Thunderbird
Old 20th July 2010, 13:45   #71
Senior - BHPian

After around 6K of running i have identified a few things that the Figo is not really good at
  • The Headlights are not so good for night drives. Put it in high beam and you wont get enough light on the road closer to the car and put it on dim and you might get a lot of sudden surprises. The light itself is not as bright as i would like it to be. I mostly drive on highways holding the lever in the middle position so that both dim/bright are turned on.
  • The Wiper really needs one more speed. I'm not sure why but before the wiper comes back to its original position after a wipe the screen is already filled with new drops. I've not experienced this on other cars. Maybe its the angle of the windscreen.
  • At the slightest drizzle the ORVM are full of water droplets making them useless. Again, this is something i never experienced on other cars i've driven.

Th Figo does not excel in any one department but ask it to do anything you would expect a small car to do and it would do it with ease. The fact that Ford was able to price it at the current levels is what really makes the car deserve the hype.

Last edited by gemithomas : 20th July 2010 at 13:50.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:49   #72
BHPian

@gemi - did you adjust the Headlight leveller to make to max horizontal position.
I have this problem in alto at 80+, with the headlight . However i console that its not the speeds that i am supposed to be doing.
Old 25th July 2010, 00:55   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
  • The Headlights are not so good for night drives. Put it in high beam and you wont get enough light on the road closer to the car and put it on dim and you might get a lot of sudden surprises. The light itself is not as bright as i would like it to be. I mostly drive on highways holding the lever in the middle position so that both dim/bright are turned on.
A pair of Fog lamps are a bit handy in such cases. I found it's utility, for bad roads and spotting unpainted road humps.
Yes, the tapered rectangular headlights are not as best as the round ones. OT, Polo might also suffer a similar problem.

- Can bulbs with greater wattage be used, instead?
- Projector headlamps, an enhancement fittment?

Agree, Wipers are tad slower considering the rain droplets/downpour in the coastal areas - malabar and konkan.
Old 25th July 2010, 20:31   #74
h.k
BHPian

i do own a figo, the car is ok,with all its hype, and what i feel is that it offers high value for money. But believe me, take to any one, and there is no excitement of this new car, as its ford, they have made a bad reputation among most people, and no one says its a great buy. And i did take a 3rd year additional warranty and later realised its a limited warranty package, where suspension has warranty only for 35000kms etc. now thats bad.

but i feel the car is ok, and sincerely hope there is no heavy maintenance charges.

regards

Hisham
Old 25th July 2010, 20:54   #75
Senior - BHPian

I am not a Figo owner but I had one from Ford for a week in which I drove it for 1500 kms which included highway, hills and city driving and let me tell you, for the price there is nothing that can touch the Figo right now. You might say that Indica Quadrajet is quite close I say yes but Figo still has an upper hand.
My brother's 38k old Indica Quadrajet is rattling from everywhere, the plastic quality at most places is below par and the A/C is just about adequate. Figo is the pick in its segment and is worth all the hype its getting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks