Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 13:53   #46
BHPian

@thedreamcatcher:Hope you get yours too before it becomes impossible to find a clean RS.Enthusiasts rip their RS's and the ones who worship them seldom want to dispose them.That's what I learnt in the last 15 months.

@kutlee:Heard bout the BOV.But then i'm totally bankrupt now man, after the tyre upgrade and a new battery installation(the old one was on its way out).Better pix coming up soon.
Old 4th May 2010, 14:55   #47
lsp
BHPian

octane1002
Dude the pics with phone cam do not do justice to your ride. The way you feel passionately about your car you should give it a thorough wash and polish, take out a good digital cam and capture the beauty from all angles, focusing on all her curves. Morning or early evening is a good time to shoot.

Once again congrats on the beauty. We are waiting!! I will hold my comments on the car until then.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:07   #48
Senior - BHPian

Octane1002:

Sweet buy and congrats! Loved reading the post - you really love your car!
VRs looks great in black, and with black rims it's a killer combo! The best part about it (besides the sheer power) is the super-slick gearbox - a joy to use.

Please post better pics asap!

btw, what petrol do you fill her up with?

Last edited by anekho : 4th May 2010 at 15:09.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:17   #49
BHPian

@ anekho: Thanx bro.Speed 97 is what the RS is running on right now.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Reading your post reminded me of the enthusiasm i had in the days i bought mine.

I still have the same enthusiasm and its great to know that you share the same.

Congrats on the mean machine.
Keep it safely and like a baby.

Treat it like a baby and it will never disappoint you.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:38   #51
BHPian

@abhinav.gupta88:Thanx man.I was truly smitten after reading through your thread in the RS.Just watching the car parked in the parking gives me a sense of contentment.That feeling cannot be described in words.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:41   #52
BHPian

Octane: Read through your post and all the phases that you went through before buying this car. It felt like I am reading about myself. I am still looking for my RS though :(. I saw a 1.8 Rider recently but the owner was expecting too much. I gave him my quote and am waiting for his response. It has been over a week now. I guess he won't be coming back.

Congrats on your sweet purchase though. The black alloys look stunning by the way.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:47   #53
BHPian

Good to know that despite so much negative stuff about Skoda on this forum, there are some 'shaukheens' who will go buy what their heart desires. Congrats and enjoy the car. Do remember:
1. Not to blat it for the first 5 kms (until the engine oil has warmed up)
2. Always idle the engine for 2-3 minutes before switch off.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:05   #54
BHPian

@pedal2metalon't lose heart man.Considering it's HYderabad, I'm sure the prices will be steeper, maybe around a lakh more than the current prices in the used car market in kolkata(the current valuation for a stock clean 4 year old RS here in kolkata is 6-6.2).So, if you do manage to get a clean car, go for it.

Read through my post and you'll know I was prepared to pick the RS up even for 6, considering the current market conditions where the availability of a clean car is REALLY LOW(In that case, I would have to defer the tyre/battery change by a couple of months; which would be nothing compared to the joy of owning a legend).That I got it for a lakh cheaper than market prices, was God's will and the seller's ignorance(which again is highly unlikely in the case of an RS owner.Had it been a proper dealer, the car would have been expensive by at least 70-80k).I really would'nt suggest a rider as I consider an RS much more than a RIder with bells and whistles.(The snob value apart, its a case of the whole being greater than the sum, if you know what I mean.All the badges,gizmos,engraving on the seats, right down to the mats go all the way in making it truly special)

@Bomi:Thanx for the suggestions man.The RS was this bachelor's last chance to own somewhat of a hooligan.After this stage, most of us become the stereotypical practical family man driving an econo-box.

Last edited by octane1002 : 4th May 2010 at 16:23.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:16   #55
BHPian

Congratulations Octane.
Really enjoyed reading your experience and journey on owning the mean machine.

Please post some better pictures.

Are your stock alloys painted or powder coated? And is the paint long lasting?
Old 4th May 2010, 16:30   #56
BHPian

@sumitbahl:Thanx man.As regards the wheels, they've been spray painted at the workshop.Dunno about lasting, the finish is really good.Don't go by the first pic of the wheel that I've posted.The car had just been back from the workshop then and was a lil dusty.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:26   #57
BHPian

Query on cosmetic mod:Smoking outm rear lights

Guys I have a small query on a small cosmetic mod, i.e., smoking out the real lights.

While I was at the workshop, the technician suggested that smoking out the rear lights would sort of complete the look considering it is a black car with black wheels.However, I was a lil sceptical and have kept the decision on hold.

Looking forward to your views.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:33   #58
Senior - BHPian

Which workshop are you talking about? JIA? you can smoke out the rear light cluster - but you may need to switch on the integrated rear fog lamp for safety. all the best.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:39   #59
BHPian

Naah man.JIA like the other SKODA dealers are daylight robbers.There's a workshop right next to my place who did the wheels and callipers for me and their work is reasonably good on a budget.

Last edited by octane1002 : 5th May 2010 at 10:41.
Old 5th May 2010, 12:04   #60
Senior - BHPian

IMO, the stock lights look darn good. Don't smoke 'em. Reserve the smokin' for other cars

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks