Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2012, 03:10   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Octavia vRS for Octane1002..Finally;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Superb
Yoohoo. A new thread coming up I hope.

Got any takers yet for the RS?
Old 5th April 2012, 07:56   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really do not want to dispose the RS but then its really not possible for us to shelter 2 big cars under the covered parking allotted to us in my complex..We have been a bigger Skoda at home now which is superb in the opinion of the elders in the family
Been quite heartbroken since I came to know your RS is going. Before your car the only RSs I sampled were (1) Deval's Famous electric blue RS and 2. The silver RS that's been on sale at a used car dealership in Bhavanipur. The latter seems to be a can of worms mechanically. The former, while taken care of by Deval, just kept throwing up small tantrums.

But when I first tried your car (you have been told this repeatedly before) I thought it was the most mechanically perfect used RS that I had sampled. Totally stock, totally rattle free. The growl of the engine, the way it picked up speed when I floored the throttle, the fantastic grip from the S-Drives - I was hooked. Plus being mechanically so good, it didn't throw up the expensive tantrums of other RS cars. Secretly, I wished the car could be mine someday.

Sadly that is not to be. You're selling it at a time when I'm in the middle of too many things. Here's wishing it finds a new home, and an owner who offers it the same TLC as you (and the previous owner did).
Old 5th April 2012, 10:05   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Yoohoo. A new thread coming up I hope.

Got any takers yet for the RS?
To be honest, I'm just not as passionate about the Superb to put up an ownership report. The RS was MY car.Everything about it was special, right from the way it came to be mine to the way it was maintained by me personally never letting the washer in our complex come near it, the way it drove, those fast drives,everything.The Superb is more like a statement in luxury.The DSG is good but nothing to hold a candle to the RS if you know what I mean.On top of that it does feel like Im driving a bus or something that thing is so loooong.This car really needs a driver in Kolkata traffic.

A couple of people are coming down to take a look at it, one of them a Team BHPian.Lets see what happens.Cant comment any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Been quite heartbroken since I came to know your RS is going. Before your car the only RSs I sampled were (1) Deval's Famous electric blue RS and 2. The silver RS that's been on sale at a used car dealership in Bhavanipur. The latter seems to be a can of worms mechanically. The former, while taken care of by Deval, just kept throwing up small tantrums.

But when I first tried your car (you have been told this repeatedly before) I thought it was the most mechanically perfect used RS that I had sampled. Totally stock, totally rattle free. The growl of the engine, the way it picked up speed when I floored the throttle, the fantastic grip from the S-Drives - I was hooked. Plus being mechanically so good, it didn't throw up the expensive tantrums of other RS cars. Secretly, I wished the car could be mine someday.

Sadly that is not to be. You're selling it at a time when I'm in the middle of too many things. Here's wishing it finds a new home, and an owner who offers it the same TLC as you (and the previous owner did).
Thank you for the kind words Dada.Its times like this when you say such things, that I wish I could keep this car.Dont need to make the sale for the money either.The Superb has already been bought.I just wish I had additional parking at my place.I have been trying in vain to procure an additional parking space on rent for sometime.

I am sure I am not gona drive the Superb much in any case.It is too big any which way you look at it and it cant be possibly driven the way I used to almost play with the RS on those late night drives on empty roads here.I have driven Cruze's and Laura TSis and what not, but nothing quite comes close to the experience the Octy RS offers.Right from the driving position to the aural drama to the way it actually reduces objects in the mirror to a blur, oozes character.What is even more endearing, is the way it has never thrown those tantrums we so associate with boutique cars in your words.Nothing except routine service.And a lot of TLC.

Last edited by octane1002 : 5th April 2012 at 10:09.
octane1002 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 11:52   #109
BHPian

Dear Octane,

I've been following your thread, since its inception, and have been overjoyed/ overwhelmed to see the (your) emotions during the process of looking for a car, finding the car & living your car.

Your anecdote somehow has been an inspiration for many of us gearheads, who are still waiting to buy their dream cars. And the way this car has been with you - trouble free, niggle free..the ownership experience looks fantastic!

Now comes the hard part..
I don't understand why, brother, that for a silly parking issue, you are letting go of the black beauty?!!
Its ok, if you don't find a sheltered car park, but I'm sure there are ways around this one - for instance, can you park at a friend/ uncle/ granny's place till you get this issue sorted out. Otherwise you can still park the car outdoors with a car cover on.
Old 5th April 2012, 22:04   #110
Senior - BHPian

Hey Octane,please dont sell of the car.I bet you'll regret each and every moment after the new owner drives your vRS away.I was about to feel the same with our City Type 2.But somehow I convinced dad not to sell it and sell some other car instead.We have parking space problems too.
Do try and get a rented parking space somewhere and keep this beauty.Would love to meet you and see this Octy sometime soon.
Old 17th February 2014, 16:47   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the concern man.I know ,fact is I really do not want to dispose the RS but then its really not possible for us to shelter 2 big cars under the covered parking allotted to us in my complex..We have been a bigger Skoda at home now which is superb in the opinion of the elders in the family

I have been reasoning against logic/trying to convince everyone in my family to retain the car, but fact is after the Superb no one really sees the point.This car was primarily used for weekend drives and the fact is the RS is just way too sporty for elders in the family who are more impressed with the premium feel and the ride comfort the Superb offers rather than the stiff ride and mad power rush of this beast.

For me,THE RS WILL ALWAYS RULE.This is the Original Beast.The Real Deal.Period.

@monaroCV8:Hope this answers you bro.

Genuinely interested in your car

(I lost my 1.8TPI, have sent you an email. Or you can leave me a PM)
Old 7th May 2014, 07:45   #112
BHPian

Thanks for the car Octane and lovely meeting you.
The car is in perfect shape.

We finally reached home after doing nearly 3500Kms, without an issue!
All the way thru Bhutan and India. Probably the ONLY vRS to have visited Bhutan I believe!!

Will update the thread once I get more time.
Thanks a lot for everything.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks