Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:12   #31
BHPian

@premjit:Brilliant pick it is.

P.S.:Read a lot bout your 1.6S.Another Driver's car there.
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:40   #32
BHPian

congrats octane1002. I can relate to your buying experience as i went through the similar situation 2 years back. My advice to you is that take it easy initially and get yourself used to the torque delivery. Also vRS is an expensive car to maintain so ensure that you get the thorough checkup done of this car before anything goes wrong and also it would be a good time to start hunting for a competent garage which can take care of your vRS.
Wishing you and your car miles of happiness, driving pleasure and reliability. And welcome to the club mate!
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:55   #33
BHPian

@asish22:Thanx mate.I took the car for a general service and checkup a week after getting it.The car had last been serviced in mid-november; got all the oil and filter changes done then and has run about a 1000 kms since then.The Service Advisor was reluctant to do anything so soon.I guess he's right and there's no EPC light either.Do I need to get anything else done?
For all the body related stuff, I've already zeroed in on a workshop nearby.Routine stuff related to engine and electricals will be carried out at the authorised svc centre.

Last edited by octane1002 : 3rd May 2010 at 13:59.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:00   #34
BHPian

get the AC filter checked and see if there is any dust or dirt blockage. That filter is a key safety to the AC coil which has a tendency to fail under indian conditions. And mostly it happens due to the dust.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:03   #35
BHPian

OMG! you got an RS for 5.3 lacs? and here i am, searching, and don't find one below 7 lacs, and all in bad shape! you are lucky! Congrats.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:11   #36
BHPian

@ashish 22:AC filter can be checked by any other competent workshop also right?I mean is it something that complicated?

@rg chn:Well, it depends on fate.I know of a 2005 RS that got sold for 5.8 here.Availability of a clean car in the used car market is very low, hence prices vary vastly.If you do come across a clean car, pick it up immediately.IMHO even the Laura TSi does'nt offer the on the edge feel of the RS, going by GTO and some other members' posts here.
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:49   #37
BHPian

Congrats!!

Hey Octane!
Finally you get to live your dream..!
Congratulations mate!
Sharing your experience of buying your dream car, while going through the ordeals you faced, has also given us the joy to be a part of your success.
vRS, what a car!
Well deserved!

Ride well my friend..
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:02   #38
BHPian

@monaro cv8:Thanx man; all of you at team bhp are responsible for my acquisition.The vRS truly overwhelms you, everytime you are anywhere close to it.
Old 3rd May 2010, 18:03   #39
BHPian

Still Dreaming..

I've been eyeing a vRS for a while too..
But in a dilemma about maintaining 2 Skoda's.
We all know the upkeep costs of these beauties.
But the enthusiast in me tells me to go for it.

One of my father's friend is a surgeon, he's owned his silver vRS for 4 yrs.
Well kept & serviced.
He's just bought a new 325i. Been thinking if he wants to let go of the RS, then maybe..
Sounds too good to be true!

Will let u know how things progress.
Old 4th May 2010, 11:05   #40
BHPian

Update

Could'nt resist the temptation last night and took the RS out for a drive with the new yoko s-drives fitted.Was a pretty long late night drive about 40 kms.Brimmed up with Speed 97 at 66 a litre.

There's a nice flyover here thats pretty long (over a kilometer), smooth tarmac and a huge concrete divider so no risk of any vehicles crossing over from the other side.Before I realised it the car was doing 130..155..Took it up to aroung 175 before I suddenly became a lil paranoid and lifted off the accelerator.Really smooth, and lots of juice left.
Turbo whistle mind blowing.Its like a game over sign for other cars.Give way or get whipped.In fact that stretch was the highlight of the drive.For someone upgrading from the humble cielo, this car is pure nirvana.Handling is worth a special mention.No nervous flicks.Completely planted while taking those curves even at 100 odd.I should know.Aided no doubt by those fab yokos.And speed 97.

RS rocks...and how!!

Last edited by octane1002 : 4th May 2010 at 11:19.
Old 4th May 2010, 11:38   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A big thank to you to Team BHP..Especially GTO & AJMAT:

GTO: man you're are SOLELY responsible for getting me hooked on to my dreams, the RS for the 2nd time.
You are most welcome. If my article was the catalyst in uniting a petrolhead with a fun-to-drive car, purpose achieved I say! There is simply nothing that comes close to the RS' driving experience on an open road...not even the new Laura 1.8 TSI which feels a tad sobered down in comparison (The RS is a lot more edgy). Good RS' are now becoming hard finds. Congratulations on a stunning car at an equally stunning price. I love the black car + black wheels look. Keep her well, she'll soon become a "classic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane1002 View Post
Until December, 2009.Until I come across GTO's Thread on the Best Enthusiast's Cars in India.The ghost of the RS comes back.literally.I realise that a bike cannot replace a car.Least of all an RS.The RS.The way GTO had written the piece was nothing short of inspirational.
Inspirational? You telling me. That article made me upgrade from the OHC Vtec to the Civic

Drive safe, will ya!
Old 4th May 2010, 11:50   #42
BHPian

"There is simply nothing that comes close to the RS' driving experience on an open road...not even the new Laura 1.8 TSI which feels a tad sobered down in comparison (The RS is a lot more edgy). Good RS' are now becoming hard finds."-GTO

Sigh...Finally a post from THE ENTHUSIAST himself.

These are the exact observations of yours that I have mentioned to a fellow member a couple of posts above.That shows how keenly I follow your posts.

Last edited by octane1002 : 4th May 2010 at 11:51.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:10   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There is simply nothing that comes close to the RS' driving experience on an open road...not even the new Laura 1.8 TSI which feels a tad sobered down in comparison (The RS is a lot more edgy). Good RS' are now becoming hard finds.
Sigh...Finally a post from THE ENTHUSIAST himself.

These are the exact observations of yours that I have mentioned to a fellow bhpian a couple of posts above.Thats how closely I follow your posts.
Old 4th May 2010, 12:29   #44
Senior - BHPian

Great writeup. And congrats on a truly great buy. Patience pays off at last

This is also on of my most favourite cars and am quite tempted to lay my hands on one. Just waiting for some more time, before I park this in my garage. Initially I thought of swapping my Accent for it, but then again, I want to retain the accent as well. So, my wait begins and thanks to everyone for re-kindling the impulse in me
Old 4th May 2010, 13:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

speak about nirvana, nothing beats the BOV in the middle of the night. u will wanna do it again and again. trust me, it's addiction. good that you upgraded to new tyres first thing. Bhp tradition!
but we badly need better pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks