Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 17:37   #151
BHPian

I am looking at a Sep 2010 1.8TSI done about 10000 kms. Car has extended warranty. What should be a good price? The ask is 13.75 and the car is in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
I am looking at a Sep 2010 1.8TSI done about 10000 kms. Car has extended warranty. What should be a good price? The ask is 13.75
Forgot to add that the car is in Bangalore.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th November 2013 at 23:58. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 27th November 2013, 19:47   #152

Re: My silver steed is here -- Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI A/T

Thank You Akshay!!

I got similar negative vibes from a couple of auto enthusiasts at my workplace. Seems that owning a Skoda is not gonna happen soon for me. I keep searching for used Big Sedans or SUVs that can both be a good deal and promise long-term durability. However, it seems like am chasing a deadlock
Old 27th November 2013, 20:33   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubhavk1980 View Post
Thank You Akshay!!

I got similar negative vibes from a couple of auto enthusiasts at my workplace. Seems that owning a Skoda is not gonna happen soon for me. I keep searching for used Big Sedans or SUVs that can both be a good deal and promise long-term durability. However, it seems like am chasing a deadlock
Your best bet is to look for a Camry or Accord A/T. Those will keep on running, though keep in mind spares will be expensive.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 20:36   #154

I just got a deal from one of those "certified" used car dealerships. They are offering a Cedia with 50K done, 2006, top-end model. The pics looks reasonably good. From what I have heard, Cedias are seriously well put together, known to last a long time with low maintenance demands. I am looking for something similar. The asking price is around 2.2L..........what say??
Old 27th November 2013, 21:30   #155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suneet_ag View Post
I am looking at a Sep 2010 1.8TSI done about 10000 kms. Car has extended warranty. What should be a good price? The ask is 13.75 and the car is in Bangalore.
I would first question why only 3000 km per year. A low mileage car is more of a liability than one that has done higher miles.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 21:57   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I would first question why only 3000 km per year. A low mileage car is more of a liability than one that has done higher miles.
Well they have to travel long distances and they prefer using a diesel for this. It is a self driven car and hardly used in the city, the 10k is mostly on highway. The owner has 2 other cars which is used more. They are intending to replace this with a Diesel SUV.
Old 23rd December 2013, 13:10   #157
BHPian

Folks, need some guidance again. About a couple of weeks ago I had asked about the price idea of a 1.8TSI superb in Bangalore (2010 done only 10k kms) I got indications from a few folks here that about 12lacs is the max you should go. Today I went to a Mercedes dealer and out of curiosity asked him about the expected price for the same car, posing as if I wanted to sell it. He gave me a quote of 8 lacs!!! I understand that dealer price is usually lower but 4 lacs lower is absurd!! Does this mean that my quote to the actual seller of the car be max 9 lacs and not 12?

Really need some help around this from bhpians who have a handle on the Bangalore market for Superbs.
Old 14th May 2017, 21:46   #158

Hi,

I am looking to buy a pre-owned Skoda superb in Bangalore. i am getting only 2010/2011 options.

1) Where should i look for newer versions of the car?
2) There were some issues with the DSG gearbox. Is it in this version?
3) How prudent is it to buy a 7 year old superb?
4) what is the price i should be expecting to pay?

I am looking for a high end Premium Sedan or SUV with sunroof (Superb/BMW/Audi/CRV) with a budget cap of 15L. Car will be used for weekend trips only. Dont want a lot of hastles of servicing and refurbishing hence the need for a new cleaner model.

Suggestions/Recommendations from the experts!
Old 15th May 2017, 11:30   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.mehta View Post
Hi,

I am looking to buy a pre-owned Skoda superb in Bangalore. i am getting only 2010/2011 options.

I am looking for a high end Premium Sedan or SUV with sunroof (Superb/BMW/Audi/CRV) with a budget cap of 15L. Car will be used for weekend trips only. Dont want a lot of hastles of servicing and refurbishing hence the need for a new cleaner model.

Suggestions/Recommendations from the experts!
Would say look for an A4 of say 2011 vintage, very reliable and ticks most of the boxes.
I have one, done 85k
Requires a service a year, good to drive and loaded because that time only one model was on sale
Old 15th May 2017, 12:21   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Hi,

The petrol Superb had issues with its 7 speed DSG GB while the diesel cars have been ok. Having said that, it is not a bad option to buy a 2011 car if you get a good example with low mileage. What is your budget? If it is above 17 lac, there are a lot of other options amongst the 3 Germans.

Also, Skoda have a "buy now, pay in 2018" scheme going on currently. Why not buy new?
Old 15th May 2017, 19:39   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Would say look for an A4 of say 2011 vintage, very reliable and ticks most of the boxes.
I have one, done 85k
Requires a service a year, good to drive and loaded because that time only one model was on sale
thanks dhruv. Will add that to the consideration set as well. what range should i expect one in?
Old 15th May 2017, 19:43   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The petrol Superb had issues with its 7 speed DSG GB while the diesel cars have been ok. Having said that, it is not a bad option to buy a 2011 car if you get a good example with low mileage. What is your budget? If it is above 17 lac, there are a lot of other options amongst the 3 Germans.

Also, Skoda have a "buy now, pay in 2018" scheme going on currently. Why not buy new?

Budget is 15 but i can stretch till 17 if i get a good deal. superb on road in bangalore will be 30+. Octavia top end model is coming to 28. I need something only for weekend travel ex bangalore- dont think will clock more than 5-6k km in a year (Me and my kids walk to work and school). Was driving a City and hence the need to look at a premium sedan.. and yes sunroof is a must (kids demand). hence had zeroed in on one of these preowned premium sedans without making a huge dent on my pocket..
Old 15th May 2017, 20:58   #163
BHPian

Quote:
thanks dhruv. Will add that to the consideration set as well. what range should i expect one in?
Anywhere around 14 for a less driven one, 320d I would've recommended if not for almost all of them being corporate edition ones that are too devoid of features.
Old 10th June 2017, 12:37   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Hi Dhruv, test drove a 2012 A4 which is driven 12k and loved the drive. So A4 is back in consideration. How much should I budget for maintained on an A4? And the dealer is quoting 21L which sounds steep, is it reasonable to expect something in 15L range for the same vintage?
Old 11th June 2017, 07:50   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Dhruv, test drove a 2012 A4 which is driven 12k and loved the drive. So A4 is back in consideration. How much should I budget for maintained on an A4? And the dealer is quoting 21L which sounds steep, is it reasonable to expect something in 15L range for the same vintage?
Definitely on, anything around 16.5 would be a good price on this car, please go through a detailed service history before you make any decision and the factor that any maintenance will seriously cost you.

Most Viewed