Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 16:46   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T

That's a nice summary. You seem pretty happy with almost everything with the car.

With regards to low end torque, irrespective of AC switched on or off, I would have imagined there would have been absolutely no difference to how the car pulls considering it's a C+ segment car with a meaty engine under the hood.
Old 11th May 2011, 01:48   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
With regards to low end torque, irrespective of AC switched on or off, I would have imagined there would have been absolutely no difference to how the car pulls considering it's a C+ segment car with a meaty engine under the hood.
In 99% situations there is no issue. But I do feel a tad more momentary hesitation with the AC on, specially when increasing speed in 2nd .. from very low speeds, just above knocking threshold. After that very narrow rpm window there's no difference with/without AC.
Old 18th May 2011, 12:08   #258
BHPian

ShuvC, can you please let us know about your insurance renewal?
Finally, Did you go with Honda Assure from the dealer (Pinnacle) or from outside?

Did you opt for the "Zero percent Depreciation" package?

My car insurance is due for renewal and my exisiting policy is from Bajaj Allianz. Surprisingly quote from "Honda Assure" is just slightly higher from Bajaj Allianz.

However, "Zero Depreciation" offer from "Honda assure" is substantially high from others.

Did you talk to "Bharati Axa" during your renewal? Their offer is lowest and it's offered through the dealer itself.
Old 18th May 2011, 12:55   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram_NP View Post
ShuvC, can you please let us know about your insurance renewal?
Finally, Did you go with Honda Assure from the dealer (Pinnacle) or from outside?

Did you opt for the "Zero percent Depreciation" package?

Did you talk to "Bharati Axa" during your renewal? Their offer is lowest and it's offered through the dealer itself.
@Ram, I went with Honda Assure. Did not opt for Zero dep, since their add on premium is ridiculous ! Almost 8-9K over normal Honda Assure.

They did give me a Bharti Axa quote which was around 2K lower than the Honda Assure premium, considering same IDV etc.

FE !!!!!!!
Results from a 220km NH-2 drive today.

100% AC, 100-120kmph for > 90% of the journey.
25-30 mins stationary/slow traffic crawls.

MID shows 15.1 kmpl .. should be 13.75 to 14 actual !! If one sticks to 80-110, this will surely go up further. Not that I'm keen on trying, but it's wonderful to know that one can make rapid progress, have a bit of fun and yet return figures better than my Baleno under the same conditions ! I'm loving it
Old 18th May 2011, 16:48   #260
BHPian

Re: Insurnace offer and mileage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
@Ram, I went with Honda Assure. Did not opt for Zero dep, since their add on premium is ridiculous ! Almost 8-9K over normal Honda Assure.
Thanks for quick reply. I am also planning to switch to "Honda Assure" this time, as their normal offer (with out any Add-ons) is comaprable with others.

Reason mentioned by "Honda Assure" for very high add-on charges for "Zero Dep" package is that they allow any number of claims in a year (where as other "Zero Dep" package allow only two claims a year).

PS - Good to know that you acheived a high FE in your higway drive. As pointed out by most of the members, iVTEC engines returns good mileage, when driven in a certain speed-rpm range.
Old 18th May 2011, 17:12   #261
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Results from a 220km NH-2 drive today.

100% AC, 100-120kmph for > 90% of the journey.
25-30 mins stationary/slow traffic crawls.

MID shows 15.1 kmpl .. should be 13.75 to 14 actual !! If one sticks to 80-110, this will surely go up further. Not that I'm keen on trying, but it's wonderful to know that one can make rapid progress, have a bit of fun and yet return figures better than my Baleno under the same conditions ! I'm loving it
Brilliant. The car does what you ask from her, really.

Last weekend we were also out and did a 1000Kms highways stint. FE was around 13.5.
Old 4th June 2011, 11:31   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the 4th service done yesterday. Almost a year old and @ 14200+ kms.

The horn pad was misfiring at times when pressed on the edges. This was rectified.

The front discs are a concern. Both have become uneven (circular bands).
The horn issue resurfaced again a few days after the 4th service. I was not getting time to visit the workshop. Did so yesterday.

As usual, they were unable to replicate it. The mechanic took a test drive. I pointed out some of the noises/rattles too. And the brake disc unevenness.

They finally agreed to turn the discs. I'll have to go another day since it'll take time. But they did spend an hour tightening up stuff. Horn pad, panels below the dash etc.

Result , car does feel significantly quieter. To the extent that I'm now getting even more irritated by the tyre noise !!

2hr quick service .. zero charge
Old 4th June 2011, 12:13   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2hr quick service .. zero charge
For all their faults that's one thing about HASS that I'm pleased with. If you go back to them they'll persist until the issue is fixed.

The problem is that you have to keep going back to them (or enlist their mobile services) after almost every service.

I wish they are able to take care of everything during the regular servicing appointment. In the long run spending a few hours later will only reduce their overall throughput, and even if it's at zero charge, customers have to take time off work or other commitments and that's definitely not "free".

I'm interested to know what the diagnosis of the tyre noise reveals. I've been interested in the Yokos for their low dB levels.

Regards,
spadix
Old 4th June 2011, 12:49   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
For all their faults that's one thing about HASS that I'm pleased with. If you go back to them they'll persist until the issue is fixed.
In fact, this is my experience with MASS too. They may not get it right the first time, but whats reassuring is that they acknowledge the issue and there's an intent to resolve it.

Heck don't we keep fixing bugs in business software?
Old 9th June 2011, 02:23   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Result , car does feel significantly quieter. To the extent that I'm now getting even more irritated by the tyre noise !!
The irritation got the better of me. I kept thinking of what my options were. In fact was also wondering whether I should go for an early tyre change.

Then I realised I had missed out on alignment/balancing for 15K kms, ie since the new tyres went on! So got it done. Rs.820 in all. While at it, got the tyres swapped back to how they were before the noise appeared.

Did not get to drive much after that. But initial feel is that the noise has gone down. And has probably moved to the rear. So it must be one of the rear tyres. Anyway, it was not that audible anymore. Did a 3rd gear near-redline and braked. The brake 'judder' too seemed to have improved/disappeared somewhat.

Will need to observe more over the next few days.
Old 9th June 2011, 03:09   #266
Senior - BHPian

@shuv, please check if all tyres are of same week. If you feel that it's one of the tyre, it may be possible that one/two tyres are older than others. Also check if all are made at same place.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:22   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
@shuv, please check if all tyres are of same week. If you feel that it's one of the tyre, it may be possible that one/two tyres are older than others. Also check if all are made at same place.
I thought the tyre sidewalls only have the month and year embossed on them.

Do they tell you the exact week and manufacturing location as well?

Regards,
spadix
Old 9th June 2011, 16:32   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought the tyre sidewalls only have the month and year embossed on them.

Do they tell you the exact week and manufacturing location as well?

Regards,
spadix
Yep. In fact they don't mention the month. The number would look something like 2311 - meaning 23rd week of 2011.

@gaurav, I'll double check. Though I'm sure they are all Made in Japan.
Old 9th June 2011, 16:42   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I thought the tyre sidewalls only have the month and year embossed on them.Do they tell you the exact week and manufacturing location as well?
Year and Weeks are mentioned on the sidewall of each tyre as mentioned by Shuvc. However, IIRC, they never mention the place they got manafactured.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2011, 17:17   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
However, IIRC, they never mention the place they got manafactured.
Is that Yokohama specific? the place of manufacture is mentioned on the tyres my car is running on.

on a second thought, we didn't see the place of manufacture of the ES100s at a tyre dealer.

Most Viewed