Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2012, 15:40   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I'll try out a FE drive this winter

Another observation about the tyres. I was testing high speed braking and each time it braked fine but with a squeal from the tyres. ABS however did not kick in. With the AVS db 550s I had earlier, I don't recall squeals, though ABS probably used to engage earlier.

Does this mean the C-Drives will squeal first before losing grip and handing over to the ABS?
I guess if ABS didn't kick in, the tyres may probably be doing its job really well of keeping the car on straight line
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 10:56   #302
Senior - BHPian

Kissed by a truck at a signal :-(

The boot lid portion of the lamp is intact.

What's the price of the tail lamp? Are the pieces on the boot lid and the fender sold separately?

ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-picsart_1367472191390.jpg

Last edited by shuvc : 2nd May 2013 at 10:58.
Old 2nd May 2013, 13:34   #303
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a pretty nasty bump!!! If you buy the lights officially from Honda, you will have to buy the entire set. Try sourcing it from a spare parts dealer and you should be able to get the fender one only. Another option is to check at used parts scrapyards.

All the best
Old 2nd May 2013, 14:01   #304
Team-BHP Support

I think it should be possible to get the outer lights only. And they won't be too expensive. Thats a bad hit, luckily its restricted only to the fender though.
Old 2nd May 2013, 15:40   #305
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the inputs. Yes, lucky that only the fender is affected.

I saw a post in the 'Civic Thread' with a mention of the outer light price of around 4800 (in 2011). Hopefully will get it separately.

I'll be claiming insurance. I have Honda Assure. I should be paying around 30% of the price then? The fender should be a fairly straightforward denting painting job?
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:20   #306
Senior - BHPian

Checked with the dealer today.

The outside portion of the tail lamp costs around Rs. 6650 (incl tax). Insurance allows me 50% off. Tail lamps are not covered under Honda Assure 'metal equivalent' depreciation terms.

The paint job will be around Rs. 5000. I will have to pay around Rs. 625 as per new policy norms.

Denting etc another Rs. 1000 approx. Will be covered.

Compulsory deductible is Rs. 2000.

So my liability seems to be around Rs. 6000 (lamp + deductible + paint). I will of course lose NCB next year.
Old 4th May 2013, 05:00   #307
Senior - BHPian

Ouch.

Our Black Civic had got rear ended by a truck in exactly the same way in its first 6 months of ownership.

The rear right qtr was beyond repair and had to be cut and replaced with a new part.
The tailight damage was same and honda replaced one piece.There is nothing like that,one has to buy a set from them.They sell in single parts also.

They took a months time to work on the car and I got it back in close to factory finish.

Shuvc,for your car,are they replacing the rear qtr or are they repairing the damaged one?
Old 28th May 2013, 00:53   #308
Senior - BHPian

I got the repairs done at Pinnacle Honda.

The rear lamp was replaced and the panel was repaired. Total bill came to Rs. 12,xxx. I had to pay Rs. 6028 as indicated in my earlier post. The work was done in 6 days.

I am quite happy with the finish. Being a white car, there is that ever so slight difference in shade when compared to the other panels. This is typically due to dirt accumulation on those panels. A good overall polish job should take care of it. But it is not perceptible unless one is looking for the difference. Hence I'll hold onto the polish for later.

The car hardly gets driven of late, after the addition of the Figo to the garage. The odo has just crossed 28,xxx kms at the 3-year ownership mark in May. Itching to stretch its legs. Looking forward to the next T-BHP highway meet

Last edited by shuvc : 28th May 2013 at 01:01.
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:55   #309
Senior - BHPian

Haven't updated this thread for a while .. but then there has not been much happening.

I missed mentioning once incident though. Exactly a month after the rear shunt, and 3 days after my last post, bad luck struck once again.

I had taken out the car for a spin and to visit the venue of a Kolkata Drag Meet. I parked the car carefully quite a distance before the meet location. In a spot where there was at least 3 car lengths gap between two parked trucks.

30 minutes later some more T-BHP members arrived and called me to say that there's a big dent on the bonnet ! Apparently the truck in front had backed into my car and driven off. Both trucks had left.

There was a big dent on the bonnet with a 3-4 inch tear/hole in the centre of the dent ! HASS recommended replacing the bonnet, as the curvature would be difficult to attain through a denting job. Another issue was that the dent was on the outer shell of the bonnet. The inner shell had no damage. Since the outer shell was not accessible from inside, denting would be difficult ... blah, blah ..

ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-civicbonnet1.jpg
ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-civicbonnet2.jpg

I asked them for a quote. The bonnet costs 22K odd !! And I'd have to bear around 25%. This was too much for me considering I had just spent a packet last month. So I spoke/debated/reasoned with the workshop manager and he finally agreed on a denting job provided I take the ownership of the decision. I agreed.

Claimed insurance and the SA helped with the writeup of the incident in such a way that the rear bumper got painted too .. I paid a total of Rs. 3525. They've done a very good job (after all the misgivings related to curvature matching etc).

The car has run only 1500kms in the last one year ! Since the Figo arrived it's been reduced to fun drives only. Looks like it'll stay that way for a while now.

Last edited by shuvc : 23rd October 2013 at 12:56.
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:01   #310
Senior - BHPian

That's a bad one on the bonnet. I had a similar issue with my Esteem more than four years ago and was asked to replace the bonnet due to very reasons cited in your case. I agreed to it and am happy with my decision. Can you post pics of the bonnet after the work was carried out? Thanks.

BTW, looks like quite a few Civics in the forum are being used sparingly (count mine and that of TBHP member penpavan as well), thanks to the city traffic and increasing fuel prices.
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:10   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Can you post pics of the bonnet after the work was carried out? Thanks.

BTW, looks like quite a few Civics in the forum are being used sparingly (count mine and that of TBHP member penpavan as well), thanks to the city traffic and increasing fuel prices.
While posting this, I realized I did not have any 'after repair' snaps. Will click some and post them.

In a way I'm comfortable in the fact that the running has reduced. I'd like to keep the Civic for a long time. So the low mileage but more or less regular running should help. Also nowadays it sees more rips/km than earlier
Old 23rd October 2013, 17:03   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
In a way I'm comfortable in the fact that the running has reduced. I'd like to keep the Civic for a long time. So the low mileage but more or less regular running should help. Also nowadays it sees more rips/km than earlier
Tell me about it. I feel the same way too. Its been more than a month since I took out my Civic for regular use thanks to the incessant rains and the apprehension of rips/km as you rightly said.
Old 25th September 2014, 19:48   #313
Senior - BHPian

Finally changed the front pads and polished the discs. Here's the link to the update in the maintenance thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3542891

Car has run 32K kms now and remains sparingly used. There might be a rear wheel bearing noise creeping in. Will keep tabs on it. Aftermarket wheel bearings should not cost too much. However any pointers are welcome.
Old 4th January 2015, 19:07   #314
Senior - BHPian

Finally the car clocked some kms !

Went on a road trip.
Kolkata - Allahabad - Gurgaon - Amritsar - Kiarighat (near Shimla) - Kasauli - Chail - Agra - Varanasi - Kolkata.

12 days, 4475kms, 13.75kmpl. Pretty good FE considering the car runs on 225/60/15 shoes and was carrying a load of close to 300kg, including passengers and luggage.

1 chipped windshield
Some more front bumper scratches, courtesy an auto.

Else, zero issues with the car. Lovely to drive on these highways. Cruise control came in real handy in NH-1 and Taj Expressway.

Last edited by shuvc : 4th January 2015 at 19:21.
Old 4th January 2015, 19:15   #315
Senior - BHPian

I wasn't able to edit the earlier post to add attachments from the phone. Hence posting anew
Attached Thumbnails
ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-1420379058167.jpg  

ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-1420379070069.jpg  

ShuvCivic - Tafeta White VM/T-1420379080816.jpg  

shuvc is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks