Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2010, 01:30   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by underground1419 View Post

About the service: Do they open up the engine from inside and service it from within the car? I'd hate for my interiors to get messed up.
Yes they do open up the engine compartment at the rear.
Make sure they don't forget to wash the engine also when they wash the car from the outside.
Old 4th November 2010, 12:45   #77
BHPian

I've just now noticed an oil leakage on the floor under the engine of my Nano. What could it be now? What should I do? I got my second service done just 10 days back.
Old 4th November 2010, 13:03   #78
BHPian

Washing is fine, what I don't want is grease and paw marks all over my seats and roof!

About the oil, get it checked. You may have kicked up a stone, which in turn could have damaged something/drain bolt may not have been tightened/maybe some moving parts were oiled and that is starting to drip down.

On another note - I wish Tata is more lenient with the top speed of the car, find it very hard to keep it below 100 on the highway. Everytime it nears the 105 mark, the Engine warning light pops up. :(
Old 4th November 2010, 21:32   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
I've just now noticed an oil leakage on the floor under the engine of my Nano. What could it be now? What should I do? I got my second service done just 10 days back.
1. Check whether the oil checking stick is properly inserted. This can be done by folding your rear seat and then opening up the engine bay cover behind the rear seat. See, how bad a design... It was better to have a small door, like petrol tank door on other vehicles, openable from outside, so that owners can easily check the engine oil level. OK. Tata may be assuming that the oil needs to be checked only during service !! But, if such leakages are there, the level may become lower.
2. Put a clean white paper on the floor below the engine compartment immediately after parking the car. You may get an idea of the leaking position.
3. When you look from down, you can notice 'more dust' will be accumulated near the place where the oil leak is there.
Old 5th November 2010, 00:33   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
I have experienced the same issue too. But its for less than 1 or 2 seconds. The blower speed completely goes down and picks up again. But i have observed this mostly when the car is upto a task, like, an incline or something. But still i am keeping my ears and eyes to see if anything is wrong.

Today I noticed this happens even when one applies brakes suddenly. It started to rain on my way back from work, 2 wheelers, humans & dogs kept darting across the road the beat the rain.

Will definitely need to confirm this during the 1st service.
Old 5th November 2010, 10:40   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by underground1419 View Post
Today I noticed this happens even when one applies brakes suddenly. It started to rain on my way back from work, 2 wheelers, humans & dogs kept darting across the road the beat the rain.

Will definitely need to confirm this during the 1st service.
Basically sudden shift in momentum of the car is disrupting power. Only strengthens my suspicion of a lose connector.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:02   #82
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano

The Air Filter of Nano gets dirty over time. It needs to be cleaned or replaced.
The enclosed photo shows the existing air filter along with a new filter
purchased from tata motors for replacement. The Nano LX car has run 18000+ kms.
The filter costs Rs. 92. A dirty air filter of AC will cause the air flow through
the AC ducts to reduce drastically. Cleaning/Replacement will restore the original
condition.
Before this replacement now at 18000+ KMS, I have cleaned the filter twice earlier.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nano-img0068a.jpg  

KMohanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 13:41   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
The Air Filter of Nano gets dirty over time. It needs to be cleaned or replaced.
The enclosed photo shows the existing air filter along with a new filter
purchased from tata motors for replacement. The Nano LX car has run 18000+ kms.
The filter costs Rs. 92. A dirty air filter of AC will cause the air flow through
the AC ducts to reduce drastically. Cleaning/Replacement will restore the original
condition.
Before this replacement now at 18000+ KMS, I have cleaned the filter twice earlier.
Can you please post a picture of the location of the air filter and how to remove it. I was not able to locate this.
Old 1st July 2012, 12:17   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_gupta10 View Post
Can you please post a picture of the location of the air filter and how to remove it. I was not able to locate this.
Please read postings 61 (by Kollam Raja) and 66 (by me) on this thread which explains you the filter position and filter photos.
Old 22nd September 2012, 14:56   #85
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys,

Have a couple of problems with my only 600 Kms old Nano:

1) Mileage is only 14-15 Kmpl, this is based on the instrument cluster readings (1 bar = 2 liters). Although I have not checked mileage with full to full method.'

2) The car takes hiccups for a second like there is no petrol and then runs fine for some kms and then takes one hiccup..... same story keeps on repeating.

Waiting for a quick reply!
Old 22nd September 2012, 21:16   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Hello guys,

Have a couple of problems with my only 600 Kms old Nano:

1) Mileage is only 14-15 Kmpl, this is based on the instrument cluster readings (1 bar = 2 liters). Although I have not checked mileage with full to full method.'

2) The car takes hiccups for a second like there is no petrol and then runs fine for some kms and then takes one hiccup..... same story keeps on repeating.

Waiting for a quick reply!
1) Mileage will improve after first servicing. You should get more than 20 kmpl with AC in normal roads with a mixed driving.
2) Air must have got trapped into the fuel line. Are you getting this issue in the third gear ? please checkup.
Old 22nd September 2012, 21:30   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
1) Mileage will improve after first servicing. You should get more than 20 kmpl with AC in normal roads with a mixed driving.
2) Air must have got trapped into the fuel line. Are you getting this issue in the third gear ? please checkup.
Yes, I am too expecting a mileage increment after 1st service.

2) This issue comes up irrespective of the gear. I too think some air in the fuel line as the car had very little fuel left when I purchased it and since then the car is taking hicc-ups.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks