Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2010, 12:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
FIGO is the buzz word for hatches at the moment. Off late have been spotting many FIGOs on road.

Congrats!. Do enjoy many more miles on the FIGO
Yes. I keep seeing many on roads in Bangy. Hows it in other places?

5.3L for petrol? Wish we have road tax reduced sooner in bangy.
Old 12th May 2010, 12:43   #17
BHPian

I understand the wait period is for all variants! The dealers are not able to procure the cars on time and are slipping on timelines. Customers are becoming irate (but natural) and this is resulting in very unpleasant situations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Congrats sir.

Yes. I keep seeing many on roads in Bangy. Hows it in other places?

5.3L for petrol? Wish we have road tax reduced sooner in bangy.
absolutely, road tax is a killer. Even if the road tax was reduced by 40 to 50% the on road price would be less than 5L which would be a steal for the Titanium. Remember you get airbags and ABS for this price which is quite decent i guess...

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th May 2010 at 12:59. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi (Quote +) instead, Thanks
Old 12th May 2010, 14:08   #18
BHPian

Congrats on your new buy....
Well, one of my friend is looking to buy a car within May, and we are looking at all options, Punto/i20/Figo/Ritz/Yuva etc, his cap is at 5.3, and Petrol, what we found Figo is going to be the clear choice in that amount with fully loaded features, what I want to know how is the dealer response, fuel consumption, suspension and space inside the car. Anyways we are going to a test drive tomorrow, but some words from the owner will really help
Old 12th May 2010, 14:52   #19
BHPian

In my opinion with a 5.3L budget nothing can beat a Figo. Not because i own it, because if the fact that it is loaded with really cool features.

Dealer response is something you have to live with tell ford really start a total revamping process.

Fuel consumption is something i will have to see only after i run 500kms. However on gut feels i think in city we can expect 12 and on highways 15. This has to be tested and validated!

Suspension is a bit hard however can be ignored as the rid quality is very smooth. Also depends largely on the road as well.

Space inside the car is BIG. It is true that you get a BIG car feel in this hatch. Boot is the best and the biggest in this segment.

Just go for the FIGO and your friend will never regret it!
Old 12th May 2010, 17:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
They absolutely do not budge on prices or offer any discount. The only discount i got was a corporate discount of 3.5k. I still feel the ford dealership has to come a long way to match the Maruti's and Hyundai's...
I agree they do not give any discount, although I have read somewhere in the forums that dealers in Navi Mumbai have started giving corporate discounts. Also, I did not get an freebies like mud flaps and/or floor mats unlike the dealers offering them in Delhi and Chennai region.

Wonder what is the reason for this bias.
Old 12th May 2010, 18:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:
In my opinion with a 5.3L budget nothing can beat a Figo. Not because i own it, because if the fact that it is loaded with really cool features.

Dealer response is something you have to live with tell ford really start a total revamping process.

Fuel consumption is something i will have to see only after i run 500kms. However on gut feels i think in city we can expect 12 and on highways 15. This has to be tested and validated!

Suspension is a bit hard however can be ignored as the rid quality is very smooth. Also depends largely on the road as well.

Space inside the car is BIG. It is true that you get a BIG car feel in this hatch. Boot is the best and the biggest in this segment.

Just go for the FIGO and your friend will never regret it!
guess what!!! we went for a test drive today at 4, and booked it while returning. We drove the car and I intensionally switched off the ac and accelerated the car and the sound was comming as I am driving a sports car, suspension was great with 4 adults with avg wt 75kg, and leg room was the biggest wonder. The car runs very smooth with ac on, and though I am little inclined towards Punto, but for petrol I will suggest this one to anyone. We drove Polo and found nothing great about the car with a 6 months waiting time, with no free service(each service will cost min 6000/-), i20 the base varient petrol comes on road 5.5, with almost nothing in it, I am sure Ford has a winner in Figo
Old 12th May 2010, 18:36   #22
BHPian

We drove the car and I intensionally switched off the ac and accelerated the car and the sound was comming as I am driving a sports car

Hey thats spot on... It sounds like a sports car. Try this...start the car and just hit the throttle and the feel is just awesome :-)
Old 13th May 2010, 01:04   #23
BHPian

Hi sumathindra. Seems you are enjoying your new ride. Ford surely has got a winner in figo and its hitting Punto with its price and features.
With addition of so many new ford owners, Ford has no choice but to improve its A.S.S.
Old 13th May 2010, 01:06   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
I agree they do not give any discount, although I have read somewhere in the forums that dealers in Navi Mumbai have started giving corporate discounts. Also, I did not get an freebies like mud flaps and/or floor mats unlike the dealers offering them in Delhi and Chennai region.

Wonder what is the reason for this bias.
Ford Dealers in Mumbai are giving freebies al least with a Fiesta.
Old 13th May 2010, 09:12   #25
BHPian

Quote:
My Silver Ghost - Figo 1.2 Petrol

After almost 3 months of searching in the hatchback segment, testing the Palio's, Vista's, Swifts, Beat's decided on the Figo immediate after the test drive. The Maruti 800 i used to drive was an absolute charm and it was only because of going for a better and technologically advanced car made me upgrade..Well about my Figo..

I walked into Lathangi Ford on the 18th April with my wife and kids and booked the car, got delivery on the 28th April.

Accessories:
Getting the sun film done today and gsport seats this weekend. Got delayed as i have been travelling on business and vacation. Just found time from the past couple of days to be with the car!

Wanted a USB cable extension and was told it is out of stock. Wonder why this is not standard fitting??

Engine:
I drove around 220km yesterday and did not feel a bit tired and one thing to mention is that at times felt the throttle needed more pumping with the AC on specially at low speeds...At 100km speed at times i felt vibrations however chose to ignore as it disappeared later. Did not want to push it beyond 100..Thought it heats up quite fast, probably it was dead in the afternoon..

Suspension:
Appeared to be a bit hard however was comfortable

Transmission:
Butter is the word!

Aircon: i must admit this is very powerful, specially during the evenings the inside becomes very cold and you are forced to shut it for some time though..

Handling:
Returning from Maddur there was very heavy rains with high wind speeds and trust me the car was extremely easy to handle in those conditions..Did not really want to take a chance and pulled up till the rains subsided...

Did notice that while breaking there is some sound, wonder if it is due to ABS?

Dislikes:
Child lock appears clumsy, could have done with a switch with the driver..
The security system should have been at par with the standard autocops, i miss that one...

My family is in love with this car and plan to have more road trips moving ahead...
Another picture of my silver ghost!! More to follow...
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report-dsc00385.jpg  

Last edited by sumathindra : 13th May 2010 at 09:26. Reason: Change of header title...
Old 13th May 2010, 15:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

sumathindra
In the city if you use AC all the time then you wont get more than 10.5-11! Without AC you might get 13-14.

On my last tank full I got only 10.7. This was with the Aircon on all the time.
Old 13th May 2010, 16:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
sumathindra
In the city if you use AC all the time then you wont get more than 10.5-11! Without AC you might get 13-14.

On my last tank full I got only 10.7. This was with the Aircon on all the time.
yeah i guess so, and more over it will not be fair to evaluate the FE so early. Let the engine run for some time :-)
Old 13th May 2010, 17:25   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah i guess so, and more over it will not be fair to evaluate the FE so early. Let the engine run for some time :-)
I read some where on this forum that Figo engine do not require the traditional run-in, is that true. What does the owners manual says?
Any ways do break in you car with a light foot and let us know how it performs.
The Autocar show on You tube claims to get a mileage of around 11-12 kmpl in city & 15+ on highway ride
Old 13th May 2010, 17:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I read some where on this forum that Figo engine do not require the traditional run-in, is that true. What does the owners manual says?
Any ways do break in you car with a light foot and let us know how it performs.
The Autocar show on You tube claims to get a mileage of around 11-12 kmpl in city & 15+ on highway ride
The manual does not indicate a run-in period. The dealer's SP and mechanic also confirmed that it does not require any run-in for Figo.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:53   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by witwiky View Post
The manual does not indicate a run-in period. The dealer's SP and mechanic also confirmed that it does not require any run-in for Figo.
Oh then i guess i need to do a check on the FE soon...Let me revert after a while...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks