Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 00:02   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol (moondust silver)

After almost 3 months of searching in the hatchback segment, testing the Palio's, Vista's, Swifts, Beat's decided on the Figo immediate after the test drive. The Maruti 800 i used to drive was an absolute charm and it was only because of going for a better and technologically advanced car made me upgrade..Well about my Figo..

My family is in love with this car and plan to have more road trips moving ahead...
Hi Sumathindra,

COngrats on your choice. Its surprising in Bangalore you got the car so quickly, i was also in the same predicament with the Beat & Figo, but among other things that made me opt for a Beat was that Figo's waiting period. In Mumbai as of last week it was 2-21/2 months. So finally had to go for the Beat, but i guess Figo has eaten into the bookings of Beat. Happy mile munching!!!
Old 17th May 2010, 15:05   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Hey that seems to be quite a serious issue, I mean safety is at stake. I just cannot comprehend how it happened Is it happening all the time or one off incidence?
In my opinion you should show the vehicle to the service station or report such issue to Ford at the earliest.
AS mustang said, its just the fan from the rad. Happens in my car too nothing to worry about

anyupdate on your F.E figures? I hope you get better FE than me.
Old 19th May 2010, 15:23   #48
BHPian

All of a sudden in Bangalore there is a wait period of more than 2 months on the Figo. Inspite of this i do not get to see them on the roads...
Old 20th May 2010, 23:50   #49
BHPian

Any idea how to activate the water spray on the rear wind shield please?
Old 21st May 2010, 03:17   #50
BHPian

sorry for my silly comparison but i think figo is a smart car just like the smart phones! there are phones with 12 megapixel camera's and touchscreens but things like blackberry and nokia E series also sell in large numbers.they are trust worthy and reliable and work. its the people who are really smart to buy these things. and i think smart people buy the figo! so its a smart choice IMO.

Last edited by Caramelo : 21st May 2010 at 03:18.
Old 21st May 2010, 09:10   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Any idea how to activate the water spray on the rear wind shield please?
Yes,

You have to pull the right control stick (ie: the wiper stick) completely towards yourself & keep it pulled for the time you want the spray on.

After you are done cleaning, push the stick completely backwards.

The wiper control stick has 3 positions that go like:

1) Fully back towards the dash : No operation of rear wiper
2) Pulled towards the front ie towards you: Activates the rear wiper but not the wiper
3) Pulled further towards the front & held : Activates the rear wiper & the rear water spray also.
Old 21st May 2010, 10:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes,

You have to pull the right control stick (ie: the wiper stick) completely towards yourself & keep it pulled for the time you want the spray on.

After you are done cleaning, push the stick completely backwards.

The wiper control stick has 3 positions that go like:

1) Fully back towards the dash : No operation of rear wiper
2) Pulled towards the front ie towards you: Activates the rear wiper but not the wiper
3) Pulled further towards the front & held : Activates the rear wiper & the rear water spray also.
Super, thanks Mustang for the quick response...
Old 21st May 2010, 13:21   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Oh then i guess i need to do a check on the FE soon...Let me revert after a while...
The FE is slowly starting to bother me a bit though I'm not generally fussy about it. Here is my calculation:
236 kms : did a tank full. 30 ltrs.
642 kms (which includes approx. 125kms highway drive without AC) : did a tank full 35 ltrs.

Average FE = (642 - 236) / 35 = 11.6
Highways : 125kms (50% A/C on)
City B2B traffice : 281 (60-70% A/C on)

Now, IF this doesn't increase as the engine runs more, the it might be a cause for concern.
Old 21st May 2010, 13:40   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
The FE is slowly starting to bother me a bit though I'm not generally fussy about it. Here is my calculation:
236 kms : did a tank full. 30 ltrs.
642 kms (which includes approx. 125kms highway drive without AC) : did a tank full 35 ltrs.

Average FE = (642 - 236) / 35 = 11.6
Highways : 125kms (50% A/C on)
City B2B traffice : 281 (60-70% A/C on)

Now, IF this doesn't increase as the engine runs more, the it might be a cause for concern.
well i have just done a tank full a couple of days. i plan to get the FE soon. However from what i have been hearing is it can play between 11 and 13 per ltr. Honestly this is not a good figure! but then if you look at the overall aspects of the car then i guess you may have to get used to it!!
Old 26th May 2010, 12:13   #55
BHPian

Guys can someone help me with the choice of seat cover color for my silver figo. What can be the best color combi?
Old 26th May 2010, 13:13   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Guys can someone help me with the choice of seat cover color for my silver figo. What can be the best color combi?
I would suggest a combo of black & silver. Going for leather?
Old 26th May 2010, 13:14   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
I would suggest a combo of black & silver. Going for leather?
gsport is costing me some 7k. This will be art leather! any suggestions?
Old 26th May 2010, 13:35   #58
BHPian

Gsport is good. Check the Art leather thread, in Bangalore you have other good options too.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:18   #59
BHPian

Quote:

@sumathindra. Congrats on your Figo. Don't think your require to put on seat covers on the Figo. The OE seats are really good. Dn't go for the seat covers unless you have kids who might spoil the OE. If you do have to go for seat covers, art leather is VFM
Old 26th May 2010, 15:31   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
@sumathindra. Congrats on your Figo. Don't think your require to put on seat covers on the Figo. The OE seats are really good. Dn't go for the seat covers unless you have kids who might spoil the OE. If you do have to go for seat covers, art leather is VFM
yeah i have kids and in my earlier car i had the seat covers and it was neat. Kinds do tend to spoil the seats and there is nothing you can really do about it. So i guess it is better to protect the OE seats!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks