Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2010, 18:32   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
The absense of above 2 are absolutely no reason to reject a car if one thinks judiciously.
agree on that front. One point to ponder though, there is no auto switch or button to roll up the front windows at one touch. Currently you need to hold the switch till it closes. They could have provided one central auto switch!
Old 22nd June 2010, 06:59   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
One point to ponder though, there is no auto switch or button to roll up the front windows at one touch. Currently you need to hold the switch till it closes. They could have provided one central auto switch!
Even in Fiesta it does not have this, and since Figo shares most of it parts with Fiesta, this is expected. However, for guys like me, who prefers windows rolled up 100% of the time, not a concern.

Not sure how the one-touch system works, but I think for one-touch systems, it should also come equipped with anti-pinch function, so that the roll-up is stopped in case of any obstruction. These would have added to the overall cost, for a feature which is not even present in higher segments.
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:08   #78
BHPian

Hi Sumathindra

Any reports on the FE?.

Thanks
Anu
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:10   #79

Hi Sumathindra,
I am also planning to buy a ford figo petrol LXI, but after test driving the car at the nearest ford showroom in delhi I found that the engine was a bit noisy(the odometer was reading 6234KM) , and it was getting hot too frequently (I drove the car for 5 Kms and the Fan was getting on after every 1 min or so ). Also you are requested to kindly let me know about the FE.

Thansks and Regards
Sunny Dhawan
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:15   #80
BHPian

Hi All Prospective Figo Petrol buyers,

I have been searching this forum for quite some time now and trying to enquire about the FE of Figo petrol owners. Unfortunately, the Mods consider this as spam as I just post one liners asking ' whats the FE you are getting'

So here is a long post with my 2 cents on Figo petrol vs Ritz petrol dilemma that I am sure many prospective car buyers are facing today:

Figo wins on :

1. Pricing/VFM for the features provided
2. Visibility while driving
3. Better build quality
4. Space inside the car including Boot space
5. New model/introduction aspect.
6. Driving comfort - steering feedback and driveability - impressive.

Ritz wins on:

1. Better powered engine( 71 BHP of Figo opposed to 85 BHP of ritz). The figo just struggles to climb steep inclines with 4 people on board(heavy adults). The diesel Figo is ok in this regard.

2. Bumper provision or ( Figo lacks a proper Bumper)

3. Head space for tall boys

4. FE - 14 + as per Ritz owners on city with 100 % ac on. Have checked with Figo petrol owners and its coming to about 10-11 with 100% ac in city.

5. Ground clearance - Although the specs on paper dont vary much - I found Figo scraping the bumpers on bad potholes.

6. Provision for rear power windows - Personally not a concern for me as I usually drive with only 2 people in total in the car. For families, this might be an issue.

7. Back seat head rests - Imp during accidents.

Overall : you get a Ritz vxi in the price of Figo zxi. The important features that you loose out on are rear vipers/defogger ( a must during rains), Music system with bluetooth.

But the two glaring issues of low power combined with low FE negate the advantage that Figo(ZXI) has over Ritz(VXI) in terms of better driveability, extra features and goodies in the ZXI.

The budget here was around 4.8 L.

If the budget is around, 5.6 L - then the comparision jumps to Ritz zxi ( 5.6 L after discounts at Hyd) and Ritz LDI (5.4 L after discounts at Hyd).

and thats a diff discussion altogether - which is in an intersting discussion because unlike other petrol vs diesel discussions, here the comparision is between a top end petrol and low end diesel model which makes the petrol model costly over the diesel model.

Hence no question of in how many years would the extra diesel car cost be recovered.

Here, the pertinent question would be - petrol with all the features n goodies ( airbags,abs,thumb audio controls on steering,rear wipers etc)
and a diesel version 20k lesser with not much features but the tempting advantage of FE !!

With my running of max 1200 Kms per month - the savings would be around 2k per month in terms of fuel with LDI. But I would really miss the features !!

Assumption - LDI gives 17-18 in city and ZXI around 14.

I havent seen any discussion on this comparision as of now. Suggestions would be welcome.
Old 23rd June 2010, 10:42   #81
BHPian

anu_romil every buyer has a list of priorities while choosing your cars. You need to list them down for eg. More FE, Music system with bluetooth a must, ABS, legroom and not headroom, etc.

After doing that I think you will find the answer yourself.

From what you have mentioned, I figured that you dont want to miss out on the features and hence are more inclined towards buying a top end car. Also, look at it this way - Your 2 k per month cost difference is something like a rent that you would pay if you had to buy a low end diesel and rented all those features in your car.

The choice is yours!
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:03   #82
BHPian

Yes, while I think FE and power are a must for any car buyer, I dont think there would be anyone who would not want thge extra features that come in in the same budget. And that my dear friends, makes the choice of choosing a car difficult.

I would say the car chocie narrows down to x variant of car A vs y variant of car B for most of us which is again a more diff task than Car A vs Car B decision.

Add this to x variant petrol of Car A vs y variant diesel of Car B and vice versa and you really have a diff task at hand.

All this assuming budget is more or or less similar. If its different, we have another variable added to the question.

This is more relevant to people who have around 900-1400 kms monthly running range since it falls on the margin of excess petrol running vs starting min diesel running range.
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:06   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_romil View Post
Hi All Prospective Figo Petrol buyers,
I havent seen any discussion on this comparision as of now. Suggestions would be welcome.
Well as far as the FE goes, with 35 liters i drove approx 470kms. That comes to around 13.4 to the liter. I have to do this again and then average it out. I have been running around in the city and highway with AC on for almost 75%. I guess with more running and first service it could go up.

For the choice of cars is concerned i guess it has to be your choice on what you want . Personally i wanted a ford and just went for it and have no regrets.
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:33   #84
BHPian

Thanks Sumathindra,

That takes care of the FE part. What about power. I found driving up a steep hill slope with 4 ppl on board very diff.

Have u faced any similar probs?

My route involves encountering this steep slope everytime I need to go to the main city of Hyderabad from my home and hence this concern.

Otherwise, On my normal office route( mostly highway with B2B traffic at some points during peak office hours), I found the petrol engine power more than adequate.The driving and visibility,not to mention were a delight!
Old 24th June 2010, 05:24   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Well as far as the FE goes, with 35 liters i drove approx 470kms. That comes to around 13.4 to the liter. I have to do this again and then average it out. I have been running around in the city and highway with AC on for almost 75%. I guess with more running and first service it could go up.

For the choice of cars is concerned i guess it has to be your choice on what you want . Personally i wanted a ford and just went for it and have no regrets.
Hey 13.4 kmpl is quite a decent FE figure considering Bangalore city traffic , I guess this is under city driving condition's and you have taken a tankful to tankful method for calculations.

I also agreed to your opinion that the FE figure will improve after your first service.
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:50   #86
BHPian

gsport seats...

the before and after pictures of my figo seats...They costed 8k and the color combination matches the car's interiors. I wanted the coral colors however Bala who runs horsepower suggested this combination...and no regrets.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report-dsc00584.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report-dsc00591.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report-dsc00582.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report-dsc00590.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report-dsc00583.jpg  

Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - ownership report-dsc00589.jpg  

Old 3rd July 2010, 01:01   #87
BHPian

Great shots..before and after ones..

Pls post some more.Also some more info on kms run ,FE,running experience etc.
Old 13th July 2010, 08:36   #88
BHPian

Pre first service/Run-In questions from a fellow Figoian

Hi Sumathindra,

Nice seat-do, suites very well the dash & moon dust silver.

A fellow Figoian here, I have a few questions for you now that you are nearing First Service cycle too "as I am".

PS: Any Figo owners (Petrol/Diesel) can give your views/observations/opinions as well. Appreciate them.

I own a Diamond white FIGO Titanium (Petrol) aka. "WhiteAngel" which has clocked a little over 100 kms.
And, now it is up for the First Service.
I have been busy travelling on business and got little time for my little WhiteAngel.

Does that mean any niggles later-on as the Run-In is almost equal to nothing.
I have driven at various gears and max speed 80 Kms., never over 2000 RPM for the 2 weeks i was in Mangalore.

Questions:
--------------

* How has your Run-In been? How many KMs have you clocked on the ODO?
* What do you check prior to driving - dip stick, levels of liquids in coolant, wiper, etc. ?
* AC was a little on the lower side for the 2 weeks i drove.
* What sort of mats have you on? poor rubber quality.
* Front Mud flaps get scrapped on hitting a pothole?
* Rust in the wheel and disc brakes/calipers.
* The right turns are a bit nervy, what's your opinion on Rainy season induced blind spots.
* Accessory bull bar fitment in the front and rear to protect (since there seems a non existent bumper)
* Any little niggles that you've seen overall? Need to jot down that to Service guys.

Appreciate your time answering these questions (some might be outright dumb)
Let me know your expert opinion & suggestions.

Happy mile munching, and more pleasant miles to you.

Thanks,
MaveRick4x4
Old 18th July 2010, 19:54   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaveRick4x4 View Post
Questions:
--------------

* How has your Run-In been? How many KMs have you clocked on the ODO? - run in has been great and i have clocked in 1200km to date.
* What do you check prior to driving - dip stick, levels of liquids in coolant, wiper, etc. ? - to be honest i check nothing. Atleast thats what i have been doing since 10years of my driving even on my M800 before. Yes occasionally it a wise thing to open the bonnet once in 15days and glance.
* What sort of mats have you on? poor rubber quality. - I have the coir mats. I am yet to go for the rubber mats, i understand it is not yet available.
* Front Mud flaps get scrapped on hitting a pothole? - yes at times.
* Rust in the wheel and disc brakes/calipers. - RUST? well it could be because of the geographic location, you being near to the coast!
* The right turns are a bit nervy, what's your opinion on Rainy season induced blind spots.- well i have not experienced anything with turns. Once it rained very heavy in bangalore and i was able to drive without any issues. you can make the difference having the ABS.
* Accessory bull bar fitment in the front and rear to protect (since there seems a non existent bumper)- i have not put those, fear it may disfigure the looks.
* Any little niggles that you've seen overall? Need to jot down that to Service guys.- well my service is due next week and i have to make the check list now that you have reminded me, thanks :-)

Appreciate your time answering these questions (some might be outright dumb)
Let me know your expert opinion & suggestions.

Happy mile munching, and more pleasant miles to you.

Thanks,
MaveRick4x4

* How has your Run-In been? How many KMs have you clocked on the ODO? - run in has been great and i have clocked in 1200km to date.
* What do you check prior to driving - dip stick, levels of liquids in coolant, wiper, etc. ? - to be honest i check nothing. Atleast thats what i have been doing since 10years of my driving even on my M800 before. Yes occasionally it a wise thing to open the bonnet once in 15days and glance.
* What sort of mats have you on? poor rubber quality. - I have the coir mats. I am yet to go for the rubber mats, i understand it is not yet available.
* Front Mud flaps get scrapped on hitting a pothole? - yes at times.
* Rust in the wheel and disc brakes/calipers. - RUST? well it could be because of the geographic location, you being near to the coast!
* The right turns are a bit nervy, what's your opinion on Rainy season induced blind spots.- well i have not experienced anything with turns. Once it rained very heavy in bangalore and i was able to drive without any issues. you can make the difference having the ABS.
* Accessory bull bar fitment in the front and rear to protect (since there seems a non existent bumper)- i have not put those, fear it may disfigure the looks.
* Any little niggles that you've seen overall? Need to jot down that to Service guys.- well my service is due next week and i have to make the check list now that you have reminded me, thanks :-)
Old 19th July 2010, 12:06   #90
Senior - BHPian

sumathindra, sorry on your dad's demise. can you post some photos that show the footwell of the figo in comparison with say swift or ritz? Just needed to understand the differences in foot well space.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks