Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 01:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Shop, but when I saw him do it I felt I could have saved those 50 bucks.

From what I had read here one has to be extra extra careful while removing the badges, people talked about using a hot dryer and then some thread to take the badges out. But this guy, he just pulled them off, some with his bare hand and some with a sharp edged object that is usually used with paints. The glue was still stuck so he then used thinner and rubbing material to take that off. I asked him if thinner could damage the paint to which he said that thinner can't damage the original car paint and I should not bother and till today morning there isn't any mark or paint difference or anything. I hope it stays this way or I might get blood on my hands - Yes! Kill the paint shop guy.

Apart from this the guy from Ahuja's (where I got fog lamps & wheel covers installed) wanted to know why most of the BHPians get the badges off I just smiled to that
Seems you got the badges removed from the Number Plate guy, opposite Ahuja or his employee who also undertakes polishing work. Are the foglamps MGP or some other brand like OCN?

Quote:
Buy back for JK's was 1600 per tyre (its fixed as per BK Tyres if your run is below 100 kms, mine was 59 kms). New Michelins cost me 3900 per tyre so I paid 11500 net, no discount even on reference of team-bhp :(

Painting rims black was what I had planned but for some reason I'm liking the wheel caps on silver rims only and no, neither the wheel caps nor the black paint voids any warranty

Mods: Sorry if its a consecutive post

All: I shall upload the pics by today without fail but only by night as I'll be in office till evening
The prices for JK's has shot up by a great difference. I remember getting a new set of JK's(removed from a brand new Ritz, same tyre size for Swift) for Rs.1200/tyre about 6 months back or so. Whom did you deal with at BK, Jitesh or Atul?

Quote:
And went I back to Ahuja's for sun-film and told Gaurav about the same he just had another one put on the tyre real quick, free of course. Also got me a discount of 50 bucks on the film, very helpful guy I must say.
Gaurav is a nice guy to deal with. Was the film installed by installer from Film Point, opposite Gaurav's shop as he usually gets it done from there?

By the way, please upload the side view pic. Do you put up in Lajpat Nagar by any chance or in the vicinity? Sorry for being too questioning, its just that all the persons involved in Tyres and Accessories are known well.
Old 31st May 2010, 12:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Seems you got the badges removed from the Number Plate guy, opposite Ahuja or his employee who also undertakes polishing work. Are the foglamps MGP or some other brand like OCN?

The prices for JK's has shot up by a great difference. I remember getting a new set of JK's(removed from a brand new Ritz, same tyre size for Swift) for Rs.1200/tyre about 6 months back or so. Whom did you deal with at BK, Jitesh or Atul?

Gaurav is a nice guy to deal with. Was the film installed by installer from Film Point, opposite Gaurav's shop as he usually gets it done from there?

By the way, please upload the side view pic. Do you put up in Lajpat Nagar by any chance or in the vicinity? Sorry for being too questioning, its just that all the persons involved in Tyres and Accessories are known well.
Badges were removed by a paint-guy who works inside the street just adjacent to Ahuja's. No clue what brand the fog lamps are, I could probably check when I go back to get the door handles, mud flaps & ORVMs painted (but that'll take about 15-20 days).

Jitesh wasn't available when I went to BK's but I insisted on only speaking to him, he was out in some time and was the one who recommended Ahuja's.

Film was installed, as you mentioned, by the guy who's opposite to his shop but there are 2 shops and he got it from the 2nd one. It said Stylish/Style Film or something like that.

I put up in Defence Colony.

One thing though, the switch that I got installed from Ahuja's was a very bad installation. There's one drop of that glue on my dashboard (marked in red) which refuses to go away and the switch is in pathetic condition. Mind it that its the second switch as the first one was broken and I got it replaced the next day. Now I think I'd need to do something on my own to make it look neat and clean, was planning to use a marker around the switch so that it look black, any other suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
DDiS Monster has Arrived!-dsc02748.jpg  

Old 31st May 2010, 21:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

fine69, thanks for the answers. I've never tried my hands on such marks but try using Petrol or Thinner. Don't use marker, it's nowhere going to make up for the damage.
Old 1st June 2010, 15:17   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
fine69, thanks for the answers. I've never tried my hands on such marks but try using Petrol or Thinner. Don't use marker, it's nowhere going to make up for the damage.
The paint guy strongly recommended that I use anything but thinner as it would whiten the dashboard. Marker would only be for the edges of the switch, I can't seem to do anything with the glue that's there on the dashboard

Could someone please help me in advising how to remove this glue (elfee if I've spelled it correctly).
Old 1st June 2010, 16:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

The correct spelling is Elfy. The name is to Glues as Campa is to Colas, atleast for our elders.

Blackening the edges should do good, use a bold marker.
Old 1st June 2010, 16:37   #36

The trick

Quote:
Badges were removed by a paint-guy who works inside the street just adjacent to Ahuja's. No clue what brand the fog lamps are, I could probably check when I go back to get the door handles, mud flaps & ORVMs painted (but that'll take about 15-20 days).

Jitesh wasn't available when I went to BK's but I insisted on only speaking to him, he was out in some time and was the one who recommended Ahuja's.

Film was installed, as you mentioned, by the guy who's opposite to his shop but there are 2 shops and he got it from the 2nd one. It said Stylish/Style Film or something like that.

I put up in Defence Colony.

One thing though, the switch that I got installed from Ahuja's was a very bad installation. There's one drop of that glue on my dashboard (marked in red) which refuses to go away and the switch is in pathetic condition. Mind it that its the second switch as the first one was broken and I got it replaced the next day. Now I think I'd need to do something on my own to make it look neat and clean, was planning to use a marker around the switch so that it look black, any other suggestions?

The trick here is to find the right solvent for the glue. Every glue has a different solvent. Try simple things like kerosene...it wont whiten your dashboard...
Old 1st June 2010, 17:30   #37
BHPian

congrats on the new possession bro !! you keeping stock rims or will upgrade to alloys ? and what is the cost of fog light switch?
Old 1st June 2010, 18:12   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
congrats on the new possession bro !! you keeping stock rims or will upgrade to alloys ? and what is the cost of fog light switch?
I'll keep the stock rims for at least a year. Switch installation was without any extra cost.
Old 1st June 2010, 18:38   #39
BHPian

@fine 69, Congrats on your buy. Thats a neat looking swift. The switch job seems to be a bit shoddy. On the brighter side, its nice to see TBHP logos on your car.
Old 5th June 2010, 09:46   #40
Senior - BHPian

Got my second tank full yesterday at 507 kms (odo reading) and the mileage calculated was 16.4 kmpl. Isn't it a little too low?
Old 7th June 2010, 21:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

...so I've picked my wife up from her office and we are coming back home. I park the car, roll down all the windows as she gets down and we are out of the car, looking at it with all the windows down. I press a button, indicators flash, a beep, all the doors get locked and the windows start rolling up one by one all by themselves! Its like she's watching a magic trick and as we walk towards home I explain to her the science behind the magic.

5 Jun'10, Noon: I'm at an Autocop authorized dealer and checking out the various central locking options they have. Since the car already has an immobilizer all I'm looking for is keyless entry.
The SP shows two kits, one with the shock sensor which has a tacky remote (chrome/silver) and one which is plain black but is without the shock sensor. I, without much thought, ask him to fit the one which is without the shock sensor (still can't think of any significance of it).

As I tell him that I'm also looking for Power Windows installation to all 4 doors I recall that I'd read somewhere about a kit which includes both PW & Central locking and also has the feature of windows rolling up by themselves when one locks the car. I ask if he has any such thing with him and he inquires if Relay is what I meant. "Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" is what I tell him.

Two and a half hours pass by and the car is now equipped with Autocop Remote Central Locking, Autocop Power Windows (all 4) and Scorpio Power Window Control Module.
Old 8th June 2010, 07:08   #42
BHPian

Congrats fine69 on your buy... and nice story behind it.... well narrated.., White Swift is always stunning to look at... Are you planning to get Black tinted film on windows?

Quote:
...so I've picked my wife up from her office and we are coming back home. I park the car, roll down all the windows as she gets down and we are out of the car, looking at it with all the windows down. I press a button, indicators flash, a beep, all the doors get locked and the windows start rolling up one by one all by themselves! Its like she's watching a magic trick and as we walk towards home I explain to her the science behind the magic.

5 Jun'10, Noon: I'm at an Autocop authorized dealer and checking out the various central locking options they have. Since the car already has an immobilizer all I'm looking for is keyless entry.
The SP shows two kits, one with the shock sensor which has a tacky remote (chrome/silver) and one which is plain black but is without the shock sensor. I, without much thought, ask him to fit the one which is without the shock sensor (still can't think of any significance of it).

As I tell him that I'm also looking for Power Windows installation to all 4 doors I recall that I'd read somewhere about a kit which includes both PW & Central locking and also has the feature of windows rolling up by themselves when one locks the car. I ask if he has any such thing with him and he inquires if Relay is what I meant. "Oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" is what I tell him.

Two and a half hours pass by and the car is now equipped with Autocop Remote Central Locking, Autocop Power Windows (all 4) and Scorpio Power Window Control Module
This is an amazing kit which i didn't know about... , how much did the full kit cost you?
Old 8th June 2010, 10:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
Congrats fine69 on your buy... and nice story behind it.... well narrated.., White Swift is always stunning to look at... Are you planning to get Black tinted film on windows?

This is an amazing kit which i didn't know about... , how much did the full kit cost you?
Already got the sun film installed (35% visibility), not black though. It has a green tint and looks different, I'd say its better than black.

Central locking, PW & Relay kit cost me 12,300/- INR
Old 8th June 2010, 11:01   #44
BHPian

Okay... cool..Most of the white swifts have black films installed.. thatz why i asked.. its good to see that someone is thinking differently..

The relay can be used only with Autocop Power windows? or can be used for other power windows also? Or will the relay,power windows and the central locking come as a kit only?
I thought swift comes with the PW as standard (atleast in the front)!!
Old 8th June 2010, 14:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharathnair View Post
The relay can be used only with Autocop Power windows? or can be used for other power windows also? Or will the relay,power windows and the central locking come as a kit only?
I thought swift comes with the PW as standard (atleast in the front)!!
Relay can be used with any PW set.
Swift Ldi & Lxi comes without PW and Vxi, Vxi w/ abs, Vdi & Zxi come with PW

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks