Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 11:57   #31
BHPian

Congrats kage9091,

I liked the white, coral and black combination.

Drive safe
Old 25th June 2010, 22:04   #32
BHPian

A white Figo has many admirers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Congrats mate for the new ride .

This is the first time i am seeing Figo in white , and must say white looks the best .Elegant !

Happy motoring
Thanks AGM, the white Figo looks very elegant in the flesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Beautiful! Congrats on your new purchase. The pictures are excellent. Drive safe. Enjoy.
Thanks prince_pervez, I'm happy you liked the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Congratulations Kage9091. Figo looks great in white. Nice pictures. Wish you many many happy miles.
Thanks AvonA7, I am happy to know you liked the pictures. White colour is very appealing on the Figo. It makes the car look a little bigger than the dark colours I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Was taking a look at the pictures again, it really looks great.
You know, when time/money permits, fit the foglamps, it'll make the car look richer and it is also quite useful.
I agree to you. I will install fog lamps soon. The main lights are not very good. Fog lamps will be useful in the case of an emergency. They're worth the money on a Figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Congratulations Kage. Your Figo is looking very attractive in white. And yes try to remove the blue ribbon as early as you can. Wish you a happy and safe ride in years to come.
Thanks HappyRoadie, I removed the ribbon. Now it looks better without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thats some real good pics. COngrats. Again. Dont worry about the small sounds on the new car. Believe me. Most of those would take care of themselves after some driving.
Thanks Gemi, good to know you liked the pics. I wish to have minimum sounds in my car especially a brand new one. I'm happy the workshop could fix the sound problem. Hope the car gets better with more driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Congratulations on your new Figo. The car looks awesome with the Coral dash.
Thanks joe1980, the coral dash is more lively than the jet black dash. It compliments the white colour too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAndSmiles View Post
Congrats kage9091,

I liked the white, coral and black combination.

Drive safe
Thanks MilesAndSmiles, I chose my car due this wicked combination!
Old 26th June 2010, 16:22   #33
BHPian

June 26, 2010

I'm driving today to my hometown. It's 200 kms away. Driving alone. Will check the highway performance, ICE and Bluetooth integration. I'm excited to leave NOW!
Old 27th June 2010, 02:23   #34
BHPian

A 186 km drive to my hometown. Some observatrions about my Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage9091 View Post
June 26, 2010

I'm driving today to my hometown. It's 200 kms away. Driving alone. Will check the highway performance, ICE and Bluetooth integration. I'm excited to leave NOW!
Today my car is 3 days old and I drove a 186 km on a congested road to visit my hometown. The trip log is as follows:

TRIP: 186 km
Time taken: 4.5 hours
Average Speed: 41 kmph
ODO: 177/363 km (start/End)
DTE: 489/475 km (start/End)

The DTE showed a false value. A drop of 14 km after traveling 186 kms

Reason could be: I had got my tank filled up to the brim, maybe the sensor did not account for the extra diesel above the 45L tank capacity.

Loading of car:
I drove alone with more luggage in the boot. Total loading of the car was 200 kgs approx. The tire pressure was 30 psi in all four tires.

My Driving Style:
I drove maximum at 2500 rpm with early gear shifts and kept the max speed to 80-90kmph.

Ride quality: very comfortable, good seating position and lumbar support. I did miss the dead pedal and the rake adjust.

Ground Clearance: I jumped speed breakers in high speed but there was no under body scraping. Sometimes there was sound of suspension and luggage in the boot.

Engine Performance: I had fun driving in 3rd,4th and 5th gear. There is a minute turbo lag in 2nd gear before 1.5k rpm. The car accelerates linearly with good torque in the lower rpm range. I did not test the car above 2.5k rpm due to engine run-in. The car is excellent to drive in the city because lesser gear shifts are required, thanks to the torque in lower revs.

Some negatives:I found the clutch to be hard and the steering wheel to be very sensitive in low speeds. Maybe I will get used to the steering wheel with more driving. Breaking was ok, not perfect. I have ABS and maybe it was not working it's best on poor roads. There was a choo choo sound coming from the rear on poor roads. I had got this sound fixed at the workshop but it reappeared today. It was irritating. The engine noise is slightly audible in higher gears if music system is off. I think the sound can be expected from a diesel engine at this price point.

All in all it was fun to drive my Figo. I am waiting for the engine to be run-in so I can exploit the full engine capacity.

I could not test the In Car Entertainment properly because I was running late!
Old 27th June 2010, 09:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

No problems with DTE. The long drive will improve your mileage and the DTE calculation will vary accordingly.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:55   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
No problems with DTE. The long drive will improve your mileage and the DTE calculation will vary accordingly.
My DTE figure was 561 km on the first tank full, and has been going down subsequently, the 2nd and 3rd time!
Old 27th June 2010, 13:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today my car is 3 days old and I drove a 186 km on a congested road to visit my hometown. The trip log is as follows:

TRIP: 186 km
Time taken: 4.5 hours
Average Speed: 41 kmph
ODO: 177/363 km (start/End)
DTE: 489/475 km (start/End)

The DTE showed a false value. A drop of 14 km after traveling 186 kms
That means that you must have been getting something around 21-22 for that highway run. Was it a smooth road with not much traffic?
Old 28th June 2010, 01:00   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
I agree that the DTE will vary according to many factors like driving style, speed, traffic conditions, AC etc.

But since It was my first long drive, I was shocked to see a drop of 14km in DTE after doing 186 km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
My DTE figure was 561 km on the first tank full, and has been going down subsequently, the 2nd and 3rd time!
Even on my first tankful, DTE figure was 568. On the second, it was 498.

More surprisingly, the first tankful was with pumps auto-cutoff while the second tankful was till the brim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
That means that you must have been getting something around 21-22 for that highway run. Was it a smooth road with not much traffic?
The road was 40 kms urban, 40 kms suburban and 100 kms rural. It was two-lane and metaled. Condition of the road was neither smooth nor rough. Just ok to drive.

There was a good amount of traffic on the road.

I managed to keep the revs upto max 2.5k rpm and drove in speeds 60-80 kmph with a very rare 90-100 kmph.

100% AC on.

I will check the F.E. by doing a tankful at the same pump when I get back.
Old 28th June 2010, 17:03   #39
BHPian

kage9091 is a BHPian today!

Today I have been initiated as a BHPian. It's a great feeling to post messages without time lag.

I feel good!
Old 28th June 2010, 17:50   #40
BHPian

Quote:

I agree to you. I will install fog lamps soon. The main lights are not very good. Fog lamps will be useful in the case of an emergency. They're worth the money on a Figo.
Not really, get a proper fog lamps if possible, Lighstream/Hella ones.
Old 28th June 2010, 18:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Not really, get a proper fog lamps if possible, Lighstream/Hella ones.
Any idea if the Ford fog lamps will be good for night time driving or aftermarket ones are essential?

If I get aftermarket fog lamps installed, the electrics warranty will be voided on the Figo.
Old 28th June 2010, 23:33   #42
BHPian

Quote:

I turned down the music system and discovered another sound coming from the back seats or the rear. It was a squeaky sound something like choo choo. The sound was irritating. I went back to the workshop and got a mechanic along to check this strange sound. He knew about this sound. This sound was due to a loose plastic lock at the rear. This lock connects a plastic part to the roof. The guy boxed his fist on the plastic and made the sound disappear.
Thanks a ton mate for the info Even my figo started making this noise after i got the first service done. Had driven a few kms after getting it serviced and this problem came up. I thought that it was due to the underbody wash by the service guy which might have led to eroding of grease/oil from rubber parts below. I thought that suspension kharab ho gai. But after reading this post of urz i checked and found that the sound was indeed coming from the place you had mentioned. Used the solution that you had mentioned and BINGO the sound disappeared

Thanks again for writing this problem here. It made me solve mine. I am having a sigh of relief now.
Old 29th June 2010, 01:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Thanks a ton mate for the info Even my figo started making this noise after i got the first service done. Had driven a few kms after getting it serviced and this problem came up. I thought that it was due to the underbody wash by the service guy which might have led to eroding of grease/oil from rubber parts below. I thought that suspension kharab ho gai. But after reading this post of urz i checked and found that the sound was indeed coming from the place you had mentioned. Used the solution that you had mentioned and BINGO the sound disappeared

Thanks again for writing this problem here. It made me solve mine. I am having a sigh of relief now.
You're welcome Diesel lover!

It's great to know my post helped you fix the sound issue in your Figo. This sound is hard to identify and is indeed troubling.

Since my car is facing the issue again, I'll tell my workshop to replace the plastic lock. That should make the sound go away for good.

Last edited by kage9091 : 29th June 2010 at 01:58.
Old 1st July 2010, 23:05   #44
BHPian

Quote:
You're welcome Diesel lover!

It's great to know my post helped you fix the sound issue in your Figo. This sound is hard to identify and is indeed troubling.

Since my car is facing the issue again, I'll tell my workshop to replace the plastic lock. That should make the sound go away for good.
I think i'll also have to go to the workshop to get it fixed. Fisting didn't help for long. The noise is back.
Old 2nd July 2010, 00:59   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
I think i'll also have to go to the workshop to get it fixed. Fisting didn't help for long. The noise is back.
I too will get it fixed soon. The choo choo sound is a nuisance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks