Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 22:31   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kage9091 View Post
I too will get it fixed soon. The choo choo sound is a nuisance.
Hi kage9091

So what's the scene right now? The sound's still there or you have got it repaired?

Check this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1916247

Some other guy like us reporting the same problem.

If it is some kind of mass problem, Ford should take notice and change the part that is causing this noise.

I got the squeak fixed, but now I am facing some other noise issues.

There is a squeak when I apply pressure at the back. The sound comes from the rear LHS suspension.

Another issue is that: when in any gear, I am in RPM range of 1200-1400, there is a kind of vibration on the inside.

Really sad issues on a new FORD. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth. A new car and such niggling problems.
Old 28th July 2010, 23:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hi kage9091

So what's the scene right now? The sound's still there or you have got it repaired?

If it is some kind of mass problem, Ford should take notice and change the part that is causing this noise.

There is a squeak when I apply pressure at the back. The sound comes from the rear LHS suspension.

Another issue is that: when in any gear, I am in RPM range of 1200-1400, there is a kind of vibration on the inside.

Really sad issues on a new FORD. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth. A new car and such niggling problems.
Even cars like Skoda Octavia vibrate at certain low RPM's. Always keep a diesel car above 1500 RPM to enjoy it.

My bro's car just completed 3500km within 1 month and went for the first service few days back. Touch wood there is no suspension / rattling problem with the car. But he is not happy with the braking.

What FE are you getting ?
Old 28th July 2010, 23:29   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Even cars like Skoda Octavia vibrate at certain low RPM's. Always keep a diesel car above 1500 RPM to enjoy it.

My bro's car just completed 3500km within 1 month and went for the first service few days back. Touch wood there is no suspension / rattling problem with the car. But he is not happy with the braking.

Hi abhibh

The low RPM vibration was not there b4. It just came up a few days back. Might be something lose on the inside and most probably from the rear end only.

I am getting 14 during city run with AC on most of the time. The car sips in diesel.
Old 30th July 2010, 12:42   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hi kage9091

Hi Diesel lover, I will get it fixed soon, as the 1st service is due for my car.

Ford should definitely see that such noise and niggles are reduced to improve customer experience.

I agree that the back LHS shocker/suspension gives a squeak on small speed breakers etc. This is audible in a quiet setting when the AC/stereo is off. And there is no noise in surroundings eg. late night

Yes this too is present and I found that to avoid this just downshift when the rattling starts.

My dashboard also vibrates now with a little sound

But I hope the first service will allow me to explain these niggles to the service guys and they should be able to fix them.

My comments in bold.

Last edited by kage9091 : 30th July 2010 at 12:56.
Old 30th July 2010, 12:54   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post

Hi Abhibh, I'll try to drive my car above 1500 rpm but for that a lot of gear shifting is needed. But that is the work involved to enjoy a diesel car. Right?

I'm glad that noises and niggles are not present in your brother's car. Braking is progressive in my Figo which has ABS+EBD. I am not dissatisfied with the braking. Please ask your brother to get the brakes checked if they need maintenance.

I am getting 16.5-17 kmpl (diesel) with 100% AC on (coolest position and fan position 1). 30 % highway and 70% city driving. My odo shows 2300 kms so far. Tankful to tankful method. I drive at 100 + speeds on highways and generally my driving style is not sedate.

Last edited by kage9091 : 30th July 2010 at 12:59.
Old 30th July 2010, 20:20   #51
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
I am getting 16.5-17 kmpl (diesel) with 100% AC on (coolest position and fan position 1). 30 % highway and 70% city driving.
That is a decent average.

Can you try a cycle where the thermostat is adjusted to less cool positions and the fan at a higher speed to compensate for the less cooling?

Just to see whether there is any improvement in mileage.
Old 30th July 2010, 23:18   #52
BHPian

Hi kage9091

Now these are some really tiny issues which put me off.

We own a 27 year old car and it is still as new. No rattling nothing.

And here is a car which produces irritating sounds in its 3rd month. And in ur case in the first week itself.

Do ask the service personnel about all these issues and post the solution here.

If I get to know any of the solution from them, I'll post them here.
Old 30th July 2010, 23:23   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Abhibh, I'll try to drive my car above 1500 rpm but for that a lot of gear shifting is needed. But that is the work involved to enjoy a diesel car. Right?

I'm glad that noises and niggles are not present in your brother's car. Braking is progressive in my Figo which has ABS+EBD. I am not dissatisfied with the braking. Please ask your brother to get the brakes checked if they need maintenance.

I am getting 16.5-17 kmpl (diesel) with 100% AC on (coolest position and fan position 1). 30 % highway and 70% city driving. My odo shows 2300 kms so far. Tankful to tankful method. I drive at 100 + speeds on highways and generally my driving style is not sedate.
Well you have to get used to it. We have a Skoda and have to keep it above 1400 so there are no vibrations (there are hardly any though but one can feel that engine is lugging and causing vibrations).

My bro's Figo is ZXi and comes without ABS and EBD. Will get the brakes checked. Hes is getting 18.5 KMPL since last 2 refills. Car has now done close to 4000 Km.
Old 12th August 2010, 14:26   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I turned down the music system and discovered another sound coming from the back seats or the rear. It was a squeaky sound something like choo choo. The sound was irritating. I went back to the workshop and got a mechanic along to check this strange sound. He knew about this sound. This sound was due to a loose plastic lock at the rear. This lock connects a plastic part to the roof. The guy boxed his fist on the plastic and made the sound disappear.

Can you post a location of where he boxed? A photo with a red circle to denote the exact position. I'm going crazy about the sound.
Old 12th August 2010, 16:56   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Can you post a location of where he boxed? A photo with a red circle to denote the exact position. I'm going crazy about the sound.
I just went to my car and pressed hardly(with hands) everywhere on the roofing towards the rear(roof in the boot area). And went for a "test drive" into a ultra pot hole ridden road! And voila! Not a squeak!!!

Thanks kage for the help!!
Old 12th August 2010, 22:04   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Here you go Brix.

Box the encircled part in the picture.

Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium - My first car, it's white.-figo-squeak-.jpg
Old 12th August 2010, 23:28   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I just went to my car and pressed hardly(with hands) everywhere on the roofing towards the rear(roof in the boot area). And went for a "test drive" into a ultra pot hole ridden road! And voila! Not a squeak!!!

Thanks kage for the help!!
Welcome anilsanil. I guess the rear passengers have a task of boxing the part, till the time Ford replaces the faulty plastic lock!

Last edited by kage9091 : 12th August 2010 at 23:41.
Old 13th August 2010, 00:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go Brix.

Attachment 404709

Very interesting. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I will start the punching. I suspect that the guys who installed the reverse alarm might have loosened things up.
Old 13th August 2010, 14:51   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go Brix.

Attachment 404709
Kage my dear friend. You have boxed the case. I punched both the buttons and the one on the right side popped into place. And no squeaks after that at all. I rode a lot bumps last night and today - but no sound at all.

You deserve applause -

What a relief - it was like being gifted a new car. I'm re-enjoying my car all over again.
Old 19th August 2010, 14:21   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go Brix.

Attachment 404709
Thank you! I had the same problem with my car! that plastic used to make some sound. I punched that area and its gone for now

Most Viewed