Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2011, 15:15   #436
BHPian

Re: First Drive: Fiat Punto Multi Jet VGT 90 HP

Thanks to all for your responses. I just came up to my house on finishing the test drive with punto 90hp. The suspension and handling leaves swift far behind and i was impressed too much on the suspension action. Leaving the tones of additional features that I get in punto than the swift, performance was something that dint make me decide the change right away. I was able to feel the difference in performance and as already said, it was little sluggish under 2k rpm but i was able to feel the linear turbo push and good performance after 2k rpm. I felt that that interior fit and finish was better than swift.

Regarding my seating position, i was able to get the car feel which i dint get in swift as that gave me a more of suv seating position. Regarding the outside view from inside and judgement, i felt it was better on the sides but rear was less than swift. Front view was the same for me but the sleeker design of punto made me feel better than swift but left rear view mirror view was better than swift.

T.A.S.S quotes 5 lac for my 1 year old swift vdi abs which has done 16.5k km till now. On-road price of punto in chennai is 8.05 lac (5k extra for premium colors which makes it as 8.10 lac). We can avail 25.5k discount for insurance waiv-off and 15k for exchange bonus.

I really liked the overall car but not sure if my offer for my swift was good or not.

Placing my plan of change on hold for a month to check on the offers that I may get for my swift. My thought of looking for this change makes me understand that I actually needed something more than what I have in swift but i am afraid whether this change would worth my need and more than that i dont know whether i will get the same urge after owing the punto 90hp looking for better performance...

I will be going to kodaikanal this weekend and let me see how far swift satisfies me. Still have a non-stopping love on the italian horse!!!

Last edited by satish_tns : 10th August 2011 at 15:16.
satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 04:01   #437
BHPian

Hi all.. Did a solo drive of 1150km in my swift vdi abs(chennai - kodaikanal - chennai). Had lots of oppurtunities to understand my swift over punto 90hp. I wonder how awesome handling I would have got if I had a punto 90hp on the hills. As I told earlier, waiting for a better offer for my swift. My friend has booked punto 90hp Black colour. Looks like black was not there in punto 90hp and now they have started giving black colour also. He won the upgrade offer and is getting disel car at petrol car price and the total cost that he is going to pay for his black punto 90hp is 6.8 lac(on road price was 8.05 lac). That was just amazing.. Will update photos after his punto 90hp's delivery.
satish_tns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2011, 11:36   #438
Senior - BHPian

Ohhh, this offer actually works! I thought it was just a marketing gimmick to make people buy their petrol car!
Old 17th August 2011, 12:19   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Hi all.. Did a solo drive of 1150km in my swift vdi abs(chennai - kodaikanal - chennai). Had lots of oppurtunities to understand my swift over punto 90hp. I wonder how awesome handling I would have got if I had a punto 90hp on the hills. As I told earlier, waiting for a better offer for my swift. My friend has booked punto 90hp Black colour. Looks like black was not there in punto 90hp and now they have started giving black colour also. He won the upgrade offer and is getting disel car at petrol car price and the total cost that he is going to pay for his black punto 90hp is 6.8 lac(on road price was 8.05 lac). That was just amazing.. Will update photos after his punto 90hp's delivery.
Good heavens !! that's like winning a lottery

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Ohhh, this offer actually works! I thought it was just a marketing gimmick to make people buy their petrol car!
Even I always thought it to be gimmick but one of my friend's colleague got upgraded to Diesel at the cost of Petrol; looks like FIAT is playing it seriously out there.
Old 17th August 2011, 14:02   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
He won the upgrade offer and is getting disel car at petrol car price and the total cost that he is going to pay for his black punto 90hp is 6.8 lac(on road price was 8.05 lac). That was just amazing.. Will update photos after his punto 90hp's delivery.
That's really kool man
But is it like a lottery or there is some other logic !!!
Let us know some more about it, sounds interesting .

Cheers.
Old 24th October 2012, 10:24   #441
BHPian

Guys,

Any idea if Punto 90 will be relaunched instead of the Punto Sport in the near future.

I dont find any value in Punto Sport paying 60K more than the Emotion. It would be tempting to go for Punto 90 if it is 30K higher than the Emotion.

Let me know your thoughts.
Old 24th October 2012, 16:43   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon View Post
Guys,

Any idea if Punto 90 will be relaunched instead of the Punto Sport in the near future.

I dont find any value in Punto Sport paying 60K more than the Emotion. It would be tempting to go for Punto 90 if it is 30K higher than the Emotion.

Let me know your thoughts.
Not sure if the 90HP would be back. The sports might be here to stay. For the addtional 50K you would get the VGT spec engine, sport decals, sporty pedals (costs damn 10.2K bucks) and a few other accessories. It acutally doesn't seem too bad.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 17:14   #443
BHPian

Fiat Grande Punto 90hp and Tata Manza has same clutch?

Guys, I don't know whether this is a revelation or discovery. I also don't know whether this has been discussed in some other thread. But does the Fiat GP 90HP and Tata Manza share the same Clutch Plate?

I took my Fiat GP to FASS (Balaji Fiat, Ghodbunder, Thane) in the last week of September for regular service. And they recommended that my car needs the clutch plate to be replaced. I Enquired about the cost of the job and was told that Clutch plate will cost around 8k to 9k plus there will be labour charges.

Went to a local mechanic, he told me that he has replaced the Tata Manza clutch plate in many Fiat GPs and it would cost less than half the price. Initially I was quite apprehensive but then somehow made up my mind to just go for a chance.

And guess what???
The work was done, my Fiat GP is running fine and the cost :-
Tata MAnza Clutch Plate : Rs.3150/-
Labour :- Rs. 1000/-

Although my Fiat GP is running really good would like the experts to put some light on this work.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 27th October 2015 at 22:19. Reason: Post edited. Please refrain from using more than 2 smileys per post as per Team-BHP rules.
J_Man is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 18:29   #444
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Grande Punto 90hp and Tata Manza has same clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Man View Post
Guys, I don't know whether this is a revelation or discovery. I also don't know whether this has been discussed in some other thread. But does the Fiat GP 90HP and Tata Manza share the same Clutch Plate?

I took my Fiat GP to FASS (Balaji Fiat, Ghodbunder, Thane) in the last week of September for regular service. And they recommended that my car needs the clutch plate to be replaced. I Enquired about the cost of the job and was told that Clutch plate will cost around 8k to 9k plus there will be labour charges.

Went to a local mechanic, he told me that he has replaced the Tata Manza clutch plate in many Fiat GPs and it would cost less than half the price. Initially I was quite apprehensive but then somehow made up my mind to just go for a chance.

And guess what???
The work was done, my Fiat GP is running fine and the cost :-
Tata MAnza Clutch Plate : Rs.3150/-
Labour :- Rs. 1000/-

Although my Fiat GP is running really good would like the experts to put some light on this work.
Hey, they must have quoted 8 to 9 K for Clutch Plate, Pressure Plate, Flywheel, Clutch Cover + Release bearing.

for 3150, what did you change ? Clutch + Pressure Plate Only?
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 19:03   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Hey, they must have quoted 8 to 9 K for Clutch Plate, Pressure Plate, Flywheel, Clutch Cover + Release bearing.
+1.
Besides, this might affect the warranty / extended warranty of your car, even though the clutch etc are not covered by it.
Old 28th October 2015, 08:11   #446
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a very bad experience with the pressure plate of Manza. In the last 30,000 kms I've changed it thrice and still its hard, and pending for a change.

Next time, I'm planning to upgrade to Punto or Dezire pressure plates.
Old 28th October 2015, 11:09   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
I have a very bad experience with the pressure plate of Manza. In the last 30,000 kms I've changed it thrice and still its hard, and pending for a change.

Hey but the Manza is 90 bhp and Dzire is 75, I am sure the torque ratings of the pressure plate must be different for both.
Old 28th October 2015, 12:10   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post

Hi dhanushs,

I'd like to understand if the clutch plates still have life left or it was changed along with the pressure plates. Also was the release bearing replaced too?

Before you upgrade the pressure plates, please do a thorough visual comparison of the pressure plates and please check the release bearing as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks