Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 13:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Karthik! You have a masterpiece there.

BTW, please remove that 'Petrol' decal from the fuel filler lid.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Karthik. I was looking for a red 1.6 sports/GTX last year and I know how difficult is to find a decently maintained one in Bangalore. It looks like a well maintained car. Expecting some interior shots soon.
Old 27th July 2010, 19:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Karthik1100 for your new acquisition. Yes, you've got a true hot hatch. Needless to say, all the pictures looks seriously awesome - absolute drool material .

Your pictures brings me the memories of our Fiat Palio which we had sold off last year. (Mine was a Diesel Palio with ABS and Airbag)

Wishing you happy and safe motoring. Happy mile crunching. Do update your thread with loads of pictures. I'll be waiting for more pictures.

OT : I rated 5 stars for your thread. You deserve it brother

Regards
Amith
Old 27th July 2010, 21:05   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Karthik.
Here is a GTX i owned for an year..
Attached Thumbnails
Palio 1.6 sport "The Legendary Car"-p6270062.jpg  

Old 27th July 2010, 21:21   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Congrats Karthik.
Wow! thats a pretty nice car. Lot of stickers, yet done to good taste. Hillram, why did you part with such a lovely car?

By the way, I have some updates on Karthik1100's 1.6, he is planning to drive to Munnar in a week. Beautiful pictures of the road trip gauranteed. 100 horses and a long drive, would be amazing drive!
Old 27th July 2010, 21:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Karthik.
Thanks a lot for sharing a pic of your car. Even though I hate stickers, i gotta admit the fact that i liked ones on your car. Especially the red stripes and the Abarth logo. I do wonder why you sold your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
By the way, I have some updates on Karthik1100's 1.6, he is planning to drive to Munnar in a week. Beautiful pictures of the road trip gauranteed. 100 horses and a long drive, would be amazing drive!
Wow! That sounds great brother. I'm so sure that Karthik1100 will never fail to impress us with his pics. Hopefully waiting for the same.

Regards
Amith
Old 27th July 2010, 21:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

^ I agree about Karthik1100. He is also a great photographer. Believe it or not, the trip is planned mainly to take beautiful pictures of the car and he insists he would go ALONE! Have been requesting to take me along, and he has been refusing. Less than a week and he is obsessed with the 1.6 already
Old 27th July 2010, 22:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Karthik.
This is the first time I am seeing a car with lot of stickers and looks nice. Same question, why did you sell this machine?

Karthik - Expecting loads of pics from your trip.
Old 27th July 2010, 22:24   #39
BHPian

Just happened to read through this thread.

@Karthik: Thats one neat looking car! Congrats and Drive Safe!

@HillRam: Absolutely outstanding job on the stickers! Never seen such a tasteful sticker job. I've always hated stickers on cars but you made me think again!

By the way, I am in the early stages of looking out for my next (Used) car. I intend to buy a hatch and Palio sure is on the top of my list. While I do know about the current (now almost defunct) Stile, I am getting too confused with previous generation Models like GTX, 1.6 Sport, NV etc.

Could someone throw some light on various models of Palio launched till date? Also, I remember there was a model with ABS and Airbags, which one is that?
Old 27th July 2010, 23:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Palio 1.6 Formula Red is my dream car!
Many times I thought of getting it as my 2nd car, but lack of parking place & emotional attachment with my ever faithful Palio 1.2 dissuaded from doing so.

Congrats, enjoy the Red Hot hatch!
Old 28th July 2010, 20:06   #41
Senior - BHPian

For the first time I drove the Karthik's Palio today. It really is a beast. It doesnt have a Sport tag for no reason. I am used to driving old cars like the 1100's and NE's. The weather being overcase, drizzling and pretty cold in Bangalore, I upped the windows and drove the 1.6 on NICE road.I drove just like I drive any car. All of a sudden I see the speedo, it was 130kmph. It was so easy to hit that speed and it easily cruised to 150+ and I said to myself enough and came back to 110kmph. I wonder what top speed it could do. I leave that to Karthik to experience it.

Karthik MB wants to put a K&N to this beast. What a hell of a car it would be then?

Here are some pics of the car's interiors. Courtesy: Karthik1100's photography skills.
Attached Thumbnails
Palio 1.6 sport "The Legendary Car"-img_6463.jpg  

Palio 1.6 sport "The Legendary Car"-img_6468.jpg  

Palio 1.6 sport "The Legendary Car"-img_6472.jpg  

Palio 1.6 sport "The Legendary Car"-img_6474.jpg  

Palio 1.6 sport "The Legendary Car"-img_6475.jpg  

Palio 1.6 sport "The Legendary Car"-img_6481.jpg  

Old 28th July 2010, 21:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone hot rodded a 1.6, like K&N, headers and free flow? I know, its not necessary as it already has more than enough power. Just curious here.
Old 28th July 2010, 22:32   #43
BHPian

Congrats Karthik

I can imagine how you can feel owning this car. There are few things in life which you have to do no matter what it takes to do.

Owning a Palio 1.6 is one of them, doesn't matter if its for couple of months. Being There Done That.. Thing

Even I was searching for a Red Palio for some time, din't get my hand on any. Had to travel out of Bangalore and then came across one palio on the internet.

Made my Dad, Mechanic and Friend run around for 3 days and the car was at home. But its a Tangerine Mist Color. Doesn't matter, will get it repainted once back to Bangalore.

OT: By the Way which Part of Bangalore do you zip around.

Regards
Old 28th July 2010, 22:37   #44
BHPian

Whats that on the Wiper?

Regards
Old 28th July 2010, 22:39   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Congrats Karthik

Made my Dad, Mechanic and Friend run around for 3 days and the car was at home. But its a Tangerine Mist Color. Doesn't matter, will get it repainted once back to Bangalore.

OT: By the Way which Part of Bangalore do you zip around.

Regards
Owning a Formula red, we know how it feels to have one. Good luck on your paint job.

Karthik MB stays near my house in Kumara Park. We keep zipping around in Malleswaram area. Karthik MB also has a house in Srinivasnagar and often found in the busy lanes in that area. Right now, its mostly home. Karthik MB is studying the car in and out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks