Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2010, 22:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Whats that on the Wiper?

Regards
It is the LED turbine light. I still dont know what or how it operates. Does anyone else here know what this is for?
Old 28th July 2010, 23:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

Guys..Thanks for all your appreciation on my stickerjob for my ex-Palio.Believe me I regret daily why i sold this car..
But i plan to acquire one more Palio soon and do up the same standards.
Old 29th July 2010, 07:42   #48
BHPian

Beautiful car, 2.25 seemed a bit on the high side to me especially since it had already run 56k. Inputs people, did anyone else feel the same? All first time probable fiat owners have to listen to this statement "Oh, it has no resale value at all".
The car looks mint Karthik congratulations, you must be very proud
Old 29th July 2010, 15:36   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
very smooth, even the gears shifts. it cruises easily at 100kmph without pressing accelerator hard, with little more acceleration less than 10 sec it touches 140 from 100kmph, i didnt want to try more as the roads were wet and tires are little worn out.

its one of my dream cars, i wanted to buy it from very long time, and the time has come on 21st june 2010. i was simply surfing on net for used cars to find any of my dream cars for sale. found many but not yellow color palio 1.6 sport with tendulkar autograph on it in bangalore. so my interest went more on palios, thought of vising used car showrooms, visited 2-3 showrooms, and found mostly maruthi cars, tata cars, few 1.2 palios and some highly priced honda city and vernas, later visited Mahindra 1st Choice and asked for yellow 1.6 palio S10, they said good condition S10's are very rare and took me to their godown to show 1.6 red sport. i was impressed at first look. clean body with 1 or 2 minor scratches on it, worn out tires, without seat covers and audio system, but it all didn't matter to me. car with its glowing paint, clean body without dent or rust, unfaded lights, nicely maintained dashboard, scratch-less alloy wheels, windshield and windows, electrical switches told how nicely the owner has taken care of this car. as the 1.6 red sport palios are in so much demand, i immediately though of buying it, enquired about used car loans and felt reliance is good, and gone ahead with it paying 30% of down payment. they offered the car for 2.5lakhs after negotiation ended at 2.25 + commission and transfer charges. totally it cost me 2.32lakhs.
i asked mahinda 1st choice to service the car, fix small things like wheel balancing, brake alignment, fix bonnet rubber bush, new sun visor, engine oil replacement etc., they took lot of time but delivered me on the day i wanted at 8pm. they said they provide, one year warranty for engine or any electrical problems. still need to test drive at max speed and fuel efficiency, they claimed the car gives 13kmpl as average fuel efficiency.
Hey as long as you are happy right? Do keep us posted on the fuel efficency though.

The pics of the interiors look immaculate.

Quote:
old palio with formula red is more on demand, and compare to all other cities used car prices are more in bangalore. the same car if it was a mumbai or delhi registration i would have got it for 1.8-2lakhs
Ok. I had no idea about this demand in a particular colour.

Quote:
Thanks a lot everybody. @epic your friend must be lucky to get 19k kms driven car, but not everyone. the price i paid might be little higher but to get the red or yellow color 1.6 palio sport in too good condition is very difficult. i m feeling i am very lucky to get this. its not that how many kms driven matter for 4 years, how he has driven all the 56k kms matters the engine and gearbox sounds superb smooth, as good as brand new car.
Well, if that is the case, my friend must really be very lucky. To tell you the truth, I was against the idea of him buying a Palio only because it is a 'Fiat' and now has to be serviced by 'Tata-Fiat' and also reading numerous posts on how difficult it is to get parts for the running Fiat models so I can only imagine what must be happening to those using discontinued models like the Palio. But I guess passion is passion and it will surely take over everything, whether logical or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
Beautiful car, 2.25 seemed a bit on the high side to me especially since it had already run 56k. Inputs people, did anyone else feel the same? All first time probable fiat owners have to listen to this statement "Oh, it has no resale value at all".
The car looks mint Karthik congratulations, you must be very proud
All explanations to your question mentioned above I guess.
Old 29th July 2010, 15:53   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Has anyone hot rodded a 1.6, like K&N, headers and free flow? I know, its not necessary as it already has more than enough power. Just curious here.
The silver KA regd is a semi hot rodded 1.2. K&N filters, free flow and iridium plugs.
Yet, this guy loves to drive my stock GTX which is also in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Palio 1.6 sport "The Legendary Car"-image0077.jpg  

Palio 1.6 sport "The Legendary Car"-image0078.jpg  

Palio 1.6 sport "The Legendary Car"-image0079.jpg  

Palio 1.6 sport "The Legendary Car"-image0080.jpg  

Old 29th July 2010, 16:01   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Congrats Karthik.
Here is a GTX i owned for an year..
Wow!!! The GTX looks amazing with those stickers and the same color pattern seat covers.
The car was under serious consideration before narrowing down to Santro Xing 5 years back, but my Mom doesn't like it (Personal opinion though)
Old 29th July 2010, 18:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

The condition the car it is in, the desired color, more than desired power, unmatched comfort. All these now tells me that if it was even 2.5 lakhs is worth the buy.

As Epic said, Karthik1100 should not worry even for a second about the price he paid.
Old 29th July 2010, 19:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

I think if the car's in good shape, having paid some extra amount should not be a matter of concern. And as is well known, prices of used cars are definitely on the higher side in Bangalore.

So just enjoy your beauty !

And hillram, your's is a beauty too, I'm sure you miss her.
Old 29th July 2010, 23:42   #54
BHPian

Ahh! The famed 1.6 Sport! I have always wanted to get a the 1.6 Palio for ages. Sigh! By the time I decide to shelve my Uno, the 1.6 will be a lost legend!

All the best for a great ownership experience. Are they more 1.6's available at the Mahindra outlet now? Can you PM me the address and numbers of the outlet. Let's try to get one before I change my mind

Drive safe and do keep us updated on the ownership experience.
Old 29th July 2010, 23:45   #55
Senior - BHPian

If I remember correctly, Karthik1100 had mentioned to me that there was another Palio 1.6 available, black in color. I will update you with it tomorrow, and also the details of the outlet.
Old 30th July 2010, 20:20   #56
BHPian

yes, i was along with karthik1100 in all the process of palio 1.6 aquisition. what funkykar mentioned is 2008 palio stile 1.6 sport, black color with 195 yokohama tyres with black mag wheels, very good looking interiors with kenwood audio system, price tag is 3.25lakhs
showroom is in basavanagudi, opposite to krishnarao park and next to gunasheela nursing home.
after 2days karthik bought his car i found one more 2007 F-red palio 1.6 sport in koramangala Mahindra 1st choice it was priced 2.5lakh
Old 31st July 2010, 00:15   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
The silver KA regd is a semi hot rodded 1.2. K&N filters, free flow and iridium plugs.
Yet, this guy loves to drive my stock GTX which is also in the picture.
There is one MH registered Palio in my neighborhood. Exactly of the same shade as yours. And it IS VERY WELL MAINTAINED. What a car!
Old 31st July 2010, 23:13   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Has anyone hot rodded a 1.6, like K&N, headers and free flow? I know, its not necessary as it already has more than enough power. Just curious here.

Sure have. K&N replacement filter, Automech headers and exhaust. No cat. The 1.6 DOHC motor loves to rev up, with a nice power band between 4000 and 6000 rpm.

The GTX is a pocket rocket and will beat a Honda Civic off the line. I used to have the rear seat out with no spare tire to keep the weight down.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:16   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMM340 View Post
Sure have. K&N replacement filter, Automech headers and exhaust. No cat. The 1.6 DOHC motor loves to rev up, with a nice power band between 4000 and 6000 rpm.
Thanks bro for the info. I plan to fix one on Monday.

Quote:
The GTX is a pocket rocket and will beat a Honda Civic off the line. I used to have the rear seat out with no spare tire to keep the weight down.
LOL. Good to know that a Sport can beat a Civic!
Old 1st August 2010, 00:39   #60
Senior - BHPian

Karthik great buy. Looks like new. Happy motoring.
Lookimg forward to your Munnar pictures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks