Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 00:00   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku View Post
The other Nano threads advocate extreme caution while playing with the wiring for any music system in the Nano. Some have opted to install a 12V DC socket and are running Chinese boom boxes (with SD, USB, aux inputs). Others are settling for the OEM HU and front speakers on the dash itself done at the T.A.S.S, to avoid voiding warranty.

Cheers,
Sriku
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
OEM HU would ensure that wires are not cut, and I do recommend that as far as possible. Speakers need not be the ones that the car vendor recommends, but the HU should as far as possible be a socket fit, without any wire cutting.

Besides warranty issue, the connection stays reliable for longer in when one goes for a socket match.

You could possibly take the dashboard speakers that TATA has, and replace just the cones (with magnets) inside that case for better sound while still having the same external look and not loosing out on the space that the dealers sony speakers are taking up.
Dear sriku and ACM, thanks a ton for your replies.

I am planning to do the audio system only from Kulathunkal as i too am tensed about stuff like the fire incidents! But the thing is, the dealers do not have any Genuine accessory audio system of tata and they are fitting either sony or panasonic for the customers, with their respective speakers in a box behind the rear seat. But i have asked them to order the genuine accessory audio system, developed by Visteon specially for Nano . It has CD/MP3 + USB + Aux + Bluetooth (Handsfree, i.e, mobile can be paired and we can do the "talking" through it). The only thing is its appearance is nothing good, but thats not the main point here. So i have ordered that HU along with Clarion speakers, i.e, the ones which are mounted on top of the dashboard. I saw the price of this to be somewhere around 10k in T-BHP, but i need to cross-check again. If its not available, i might go on with HU of Sony having the same features, as the dealers are fitting it as OEM.

And ACM, thanks for the suggestion. I will surely try it out once i get the audio system in my car. Thanks.

A QUICK UPDATE:.

Had given the car to kulathunkal today for four things to be done:

1) Under body/Anti-rust coating( 3M): costs Rs.2500 and has a warranty of 3 years. Also, once in every 6 months, they perform a check up and if needed do the coating again.

2) Teflon Coating (3M): Costs Rs.2500 and has a warranty of 2 years. 3 free coatings are provided in the warranty period that can be done anytime we want. I know its not recommended by t-bhp, but as we experience a hell lot of bird droppings and all in our locality, decided to go with it as it would make cleaning much more easier. As my mom will be using the car mainly, want it to be an easier task for her.

3) Full flooring: Costs around Rs.2500. Its just a full mat of PVC. But i am not at all satisfied with its installation. I picked this up as i thought it would keep atleast the inner fabric mat neat, but the work looks a bit shabby. Was planning to get this done even in my wagon-r, but now need to rethink. Not worth the money for sure!

4) Bumper Protectors: Found this extremely necessary as even small kisses wont require touch up and all. After all most of the small hits n scratches are experienced on the edges of the bumper. So thought it would be useful. The rate is Rs.400.

Will post pics soon.
And also bought a body cover. Those who have gone through the pics of my premier padmini would be knowing how dusty the place i live is:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ion-fiat-6.jpg

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...ion-fiat-7.jpg

The price of the body cover is somewhere around Rs.500 with the words "TATA NANO" printed at the front. Worth the money.

The other things that i have ordered are:
1) Remote locking/security system (Genuine)
2) Nano Genuine floor mats
3) Art leather seat covers ( costs around 6000. Not genuine)
4) Audio system - Visteon HU with two speakers of Clarion. Costs around 10k.

Anything else required guys??

I am planning to get the sun film done in some other accessory shop as kulathunkal has "autographix" alone. But their heat rejection % is not really good and the quoted price seems high too. Hence planning to do 3M or garware. These are the present updates. And have to say, car is doing great with an amazing AC(touchwood)

Cheers!
Old 27th August 2010, 20:32   #32
BHPian

I checked the seat covers available at kulathunkal motors. The tata motors genuine accessories have only Fabric seat covers, which i am not interested in. They showed me some OE Art-leather seat covers, which fit in perfectly and tight. But they make some minute holes through the original seat in order to tighten the seats. And they charge Rs.6500 for this. Is this type of covers advisable? Or is it better to stick on to normal fit-in covers?
Old 28th August 2010, 03:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Full flooring: Costs around Rs.2500. Its just a full mat of PVC. But i am not at all satisfied with its installation. I picked this up as i thought it would keep atleast the inner fabric mat neat, but the work looks a bit shabby. Was planning to get this done even in my wagon-r, but now need to rethink. Not worth the money for sure!
Wow 2,500! it looks too expensive. I got it done on my Figo for 1,500 here in Chennai. The guy did a very neat Job. My friend got it done on his Swift in the same place, for the same price.
I have a three year old, and another baby is on it's way. I don't need any other reason to go for it, Do I ?. Tell you what, My Previous car, cleaning the floor was so difficult. This one takes me only five minutes to clean and it's gets really clean. A three year old can put a whole lot of dirt inside the vehicle than you can think of, From Chocolate wrappers, cookies, tissues, Crayons, the list goes on..When it rains it's even worse. These days I don't really bother, I just need a wet sponge.

Even the car seat covers looks a little pricey to me. I did mine for 3,500 (Not fabric though). I'll post some pictures of both the seat covers & the seats in the morning.
Old 28th August 2010, 12:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1105 View Post
Wow 2,500! it looks too expensive. I got it done on my Figo for 1,500 here in Chennai. The guy did a very neat Job. My friend got it done on his Swift in the same place, for the same price.
I have a three year old, and another baby is on it's way. I don't need any other reason to go for it, Do I ?. Tell you what, My Previous car, cleaning the floor was so difficult. This one takes me only five minutes to clean and it's gets really clean. A three year old can put a whole lot of dirt inside the vehicle than you can think of, From Chocolate wrappers, cookies, tissues, Crayons, the list goes on..When it rains it's even worse. These days I don't really bother, I just need a wet sponge.

Even the car seat covers looks a little pricey to me. I did mine for 3,500 (Not fabric though). I'll post some pictures of both the seat covers & the seats in the morning.
Yeah. This is really pricey. And the quality of the work is bad too. Need to go there ask them to stick properly a few shabby bits. And, what kind of material did they use? In my car, it is kind of a PVC mat in gray colour with not much of thickness. When i asked the maruti dealer about it for my wagon-r, they are saying that they use some kind of transparent PVC. What material was used in your car?

And guys, the "E" indicator started blinking in my fuel gauge. So decided to fill fuel and check the FE. As i had been using a premier padmini for all the years, i have no idea about the "auto cut-off" feature. How to use it? Can anyone please guide me?
Old 28th August 2010, 23:23   #35
BHPian

Congratulations @freakmuzik! ..I wonder if a nice set of alloys will make your cute lil' egg nano stand out even more :-)
Old 29th August 2010, 10:24   #36
BHPian

Here's the pictures,Sorry for the delay. Let me know if it's clear or else I get some more.
Attached Thumbnails
My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-123.jpg  

Old 29th August 2010, 10:30   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I second that, just get some nice alloys and dark-ish but legal windows tints! It will be a head turner! Looks fab anyways!

Congratulations for the 'egg' and thank you for a very very detailed report.
Old 29th August 2010, 11:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Just a thought on the PVC coatings:

It is easier to clean but what about the moisture and rust collecting under the mats. Any idea to air the same?

Have seen some jeeps [oops wrong comparison??] with these pvc mats that had horrible under body rust!

BTW, congrats on the NANO experience
Old 29th August 2010, 11:44   #39
BHPian

Agree with headers .
If there is any leaking of a/c drainage or rain water that makes its way to the floor metal, might be trapped there and may cause rusting.
Old 29th August 2010, 12:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by calm_cruiser View Post
Congratulations @freakmuzik! ..I wonder if a nice set of alloys will make your cute lil' egg nano stand out even more :-)

Thank you! :-) I am planning to do the same too! But only after i finish the basics(audio, sun films, etc.). Lets see if "M" permits! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathew1105 View Post
Here's the pictures,Sorry for the delay. Let me know if it's clear or else I get some more.
Thanks a ton! I am surely going back to the dealership asap and make them fix it once again. Yours looks fabulously neat. In my car, i can see a bit of torn bits stuck here and there and they have not stuck the edges properly too! Bad!
I will upload the pics of my floor mat asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
^^ I second that, just get some nice alloys and dark-ish but legal windows tints! It will be a head turner! Looks fab anyways!

Congratulations for the 'egg' and thank you for a very very detailed report.
Thank you! :-) As i mentioned earlier, planning for the same and trying to pressurize my dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Just a thought on the PVC coatings:

It is easier to clean but what about the moisture and rust collecting under the mats. Any idea to air the same?

Have seen some jeeps [oops wrong comparison??] with these pvc mats that had horrible under body rust!

BTW, congrats on the NANO experience
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullboy View Post
Agree with headers .
If there is any leaking of a/c drainage or rain water that makes its way to the floor metal, might be trapped there and may cause rusting.
@headers & @bullboy:
Thank you!

Yes, i agree with you to an extent. But one thing is that, these mats cover up till where the basic fabric mats ends, i.e, till the place where the steering column and stuff ends. But i guess moisture might enter. Thanks for giving that thought! I will check it and let you know the details of the flooring with pics soon!

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2010 at 09:26. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smilies per post please
Old 29th August 2010, 13:19   #41
BHPian

Here the pics of the full floor mat:

Note the shabby manner in which they have stuck the mat. And they have not covered any part above the pedals, where as in the passenger footwell, they have covered till the A/C vents. I dont mind about the place above the pedals, but what about the sides?

My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-nano30.jpg

The pic of the same; look at the right side, where the two sheets are stuck so badly! I am sure i can do this stuff better than this!

My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-nano31.jpg

Look at the unevenness. I am sure the inner mat was not like this when i had my car before!

My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-nano32.jpg

See, they have even made the inner mat loose while doing it, and the beading wide open!
My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-nano33.jpg

This part is under the rear seats. Torn bits stuck around!
My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-nano34.jpg

Look at the colour difference on both sides. One looks new while the torn part looks damn old! Again, torn bits ! And now what, it looks more like a dumb plastic surgery. Pasting torn bits here and there was not what i intended by "full flooring"!
My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-nano35.jpg

The area around the battery! I guess rats cut stuff much better than this!
My Cute Li'l Toy: Yellow Nano. Edit, now sold!-nano36.jpg

There are many more places where the shabby work is evident, but my phone did not have enough space to take more photos! What say guys? I am planning to go to the dealer and ask them to put the mats properly( free of cost of course!) or take the mats away and give me the money back!! Never expected such a bad work!
Old 29th August 2010, 14:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

A 10 year old in a school craft class would do a better job than what u posted above.
Just demand that the entire matting be refit according to standard specs - after they extorted that much money from you!
Old 31st August 2010, 17:57   #43
BHPian

Congrats on your new Nano. It looks great in yellow. I drove Nano and found that it's perfect city commute car. Any idea on when they are launching Nano Automatic? My wife desperately waiting for Nano Auto for her daily short commute.
Old 31st August 2010, 21:39   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticfan View Post
Congrats on your new Nano. It looks great in yellow. I drove Nano and found that it's perfect city commute car. Any idea on when they are launching Nano Automatic? My wife desperately waiting for Nano Auto for her daily short commute.
I heard they were contemplating a CVT. Just a rumor though.
Old 31st August 2010, 22:15   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticfan View Post
Thank you! Its really a treat to drive within the city. I have read in some reports about the nano CVT but not exactly sure when it is going to be launched.
Current nano+Automatic transmission - Irresistable city car package!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
A 10 year old in a school craft class would do a better job than what u posted above.
Just demand that the entire matting be refit according to standard specs - after they extorted that much money from you!
Yes.I am going tomorrow and would ask them to do the job again. And the money is really too much compared to other dealerships. Lets see how the things are going to go! Fingers crossed!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks