Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:37   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations SMK on the car.
As mentioned by others, would appreciate if you could share the price of the car.

And one more thing, you are indeed a brave guy. Buying a car that a used one on the phone . That takes guts. I would never be able to do this.

I hope the car vindicates you in your decision.
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:07   #17
SMK
BHPian

Thanks Hiren.Mistry, yes, even i am surprised that i took this descision. I hope my craziness doesnt cost me. Will share the price of the car after some days, since i need some time to get the facts correct about this descision of mine.
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
Also, this car came with a factory fitted central locking. It does not seem to have an alaram system. Do i have a switch somewhere for it? or Do i have to get it installed?
There is no audible alarm system in any of the Fiestas but it does have an immobilizer which is good enough. Do you see a red light blinking in the instrument cluster after you lock the car? That's the sign of the immobilizer. Check if yours has it.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:21   #19
BHPian

Congrats SMK on the fiesta and welcome to the club. Every kilometer in it is awesome isn't it?

About the factory fitted cd players,the pre face lifted models didn't come with playback for mp3,wma etc, which is very annoying. Also if the tyres aren't very new,then consider upgrading to 195/60s. It makes a world of difference.

Old 3rd September 2010, 14:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Man!!!!! thats one heck of buying over the phone .
Also its really nice to know that you trusted your friends advise.
Anyways drive safe,take care and keep us all posted .
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:24   #21
SMK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
There is no audible alarm system in any of the Fiestas but it does have an immobilizer which is good enough. Do you see a red light blinking in the instrument cluster after you lock the car? That's the sign of the immobilizer. Check if yours has it.
Hi Gilead, no i do not see any red light blinking. Does it mean its broken or the car did not come with this option. The car is a top end model with alloy wheels and all. But i am realising so many things which are missing in the car. How do i know if the model i have has the features it came with? Is there any way to find what was in the car out of showroom during Dec 2007?
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:27   #22
SMK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Congrats SMK on the fiesta and welcome to the club. Every kilometer in it is awesome isn't it?

About the factory fitted cd players,the pre face lifted models didn't come with playback for mp3,wma etc, which is very annoying. Also if the tyres aren't very new,then consider upgrading to 195/60s. It makes a world of difference.
Thanks Aniket, yes the car is wonderful to drive around. There are some annoying things though the factory fitted cd player is one of them. But i am happy with what i am driving because i graduated from Tata Indica Turbo to Ford and its a giant leap
Old 3rd September 2010, 16:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Gilead, no i do not see any red light blinking. Does it mean its broken or the car did not come with this option. The car is a top end model with alloy wheels and all. But i am realising so many things which are missing in the car. How do i know if the model i have has the features it came with? Is there any way to find what was in the car out of showroom during Dec 2007?
Are you sure yours is a Dec 2007 SXI? Does it say so on the RC book? I am asking because ABS was default was on the SXI starting from early 2007. Before 2007, ABS was optional on the SXI. Did you get the owners manual from the previous owner? It will have the list of all the features.

Contact vnabhi to see if his mid 2007 1.6 SXI has the immobilizer. If his car has it, your car should have it too. His long term review could be helpful to you as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...23000-kms.html

And another thing. I asked this before but it was in jest at that time. Are you sure you have the 1.6 and not a 1.4 rebadged as SXI? Does it accelerate like crazy and howl like a banshee?

Last edited by Gilead : 3rd September 2010 at 17:05.
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

The RC should tell you the date of sale or registration, the two will not be far off from each other. Also the VIN no. from the car should give you the date of manufacture. Infact tbhp member wildon has a thread where he decodes VIN nos. He has pulled out the work order sheet for another member's VW Polo using the VIN no. and that gives the minutest detail as to what has been installed in that specific vehicle. Maybe he could do the same for you.

Quote:
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:22   #25
SMK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Are you sure yours is a Dec 2007 SXI? Does it say so on the RC book? I am asking because ABS was default was on the SXI starting from early 2007. Before 2007, ABS was optional on the SXI. Did you get the owners manual from the previous owner? It will have the list of all the features.

Contact vnabhi to see if his mid 2007 1.6 SXI has the immobilizer. If his car has it, your car should have it too. His long term review could be helpful to you as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...23000-kms.html

And another thing. I asked this before but it was in jest at that time. Are you sure you have the 1.6 and not a 1.4 rebadged as SXI? Does it accelerate like crazy and howl like a banshee?
Hey, yes, mine is indeed a 1.6SXI i have looked into the RC book and the sale deed and also the fact that it accelarates like crazy and makes race car like sounds on higher RPM. I will again check the owner's manual to confirm the same.
Moreover, i know this guy who sold me the car, he is from a very well to do family and i am sure he would not pull a faster one on me atleast.
Anyways will check and let you guys know.
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Great! Then your car has ABS if it's indeed a Dec 2007 SXi. I think the boot may have been replaced which would explain the missing ABS and 1.6 badging at the rear. Or they may have fallen off.

This is the back of suman's 2006 1.6 SXI where the badge is visible.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...7072010031.jpg

Last edited by Gilead : 3rd September 2010 at 17:44.
Old 3rd September 2010, 17:53   #27
SMK
BHPian

Oh! i have the same set of alloys on my car, but i specifically asked the owner about the ABS and he said, the car did not come with ABS and Ford when selling the car asked him if he wants it to be a aftermarket fitment from Ford which would cost him about 35K and he refused it.
Now this gets me back to my earlier question about Engine immobalizer. Do i have it? Dont i have it? How do i check?
If i dont have it, i have to get a buzzer kind of security alaram in my car, how do i get it? Your valuable knowledge would be of great help Gilead! Thanks mate!
Old 3rd September 2010, 18:00   #28
Senior - BHPian

I am fairly certain that cars from early 2007 onwards started coming with ABS as standard on the SXI. Just get someone like suman or vnabhi to confirm it because they bought their cars in 2006 and 2007 respectively. It was optional in 2006 but standard in 2007 as far as I know.

The only indication of the immobilizer is the red blinking light that's there in my 2009 1.6S. I don't know if the 2007 models came with an immobilizer or the red blinking light. I am pretty sure immobilizer was there, but I am not sure about the red blinking light.

The immobilizer is passive. Meaning no buzzer but the car will not start even if an identical fake key is used. There is a chip embedded in the key. Post a pic of your remote key here.

And like I said before, check the owners manual for any mention of the immobilizer. If your car finally does not have an immobilizer, you can get an aftermarket one from the likes of Xenos or Autocop, or Piranha. They come with the buzzer, immobilizer, reverse horn, vibration sensor etc.

Last edited by Gilead : 3rd September 2010 at 18:02.
Old 4th September 2010, 09:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

My car was manufactured in Feb/March, 2007 and it came with ABS as default, and alloys were optional. Prior to that, say till Jan/Feb 2007, the car came with alloys as default and ABS was optional.

I am pretty sure of this becuase I got a call from the salesman after I booked the car saying I'd need to pay around 23 K extra for alloys, as the car no longer came with those as default, but with ABS instead. It did not make a difference to me as I had already planned to pay 27 K for the till-then optional ABS, which was coming as default from Feb/ Mar onwards.

As regards immobilizer, I don't have the red blinking light, but the car does have one, per the manual and also the SA in Mody Ford. My neighbour has a 2006 tdci, but it has that red blinking light. I am not sure if Ford tried a different brand of immobilizer in 2007 models.

Airbags were introduced sometime in early 2008, after competitors like SX4 were offering them as default.

The ABS tag on my car is not on the boot lid but on the bottom of the rear windscreen.

I guess you can check when you car was manufactured using the VIN Number---there is a separate thread on that.

Edit: I saw the car pics just now and she looks darn good. But the alloys she is clad with are the older model's alloys. My car came with the new model of alloys---that was also something they introduced in March 2007. I am not sure if the dealer sold an early 2007 car to the first buyer in december, 2007

Can you confirm if you got a remote key with 3 buttons on it? Only the sxi had that in 2007. I'd also like a close up picture of the gear console---the sxi had a pattern on the shining console, with a similar pattern near the ICE and AC knobs.

The front pic is not too clear---can you confirm if there is a chrome lining around the radiator grill?

Last edited by vnabhi : 4th September 2010 at 09:39.
Old 4th September 2010, 13:15   #30
SMK
BHPian

Thanks for the clarification vnabhi, Yes, i have got the key with those 3 buttons, the shining part near the gear lever, the chrome grille, but the rear windscreen does not have the 'ABS' sticker. Owner's manual is again confusing, it has information about ABS and in details. I even see the provision for ABS light and Airbags lights on the instrument console, but not sure if the car has these features. I guess the best way is to visit the showroom and get more information.

I have also added a pic of the RTO RC book which confirms(much to my relief) that it is indeed a 1.6SXI. I also happened to notice in the RC Book that the previous owner paid extra for the fancy number.

Also, VIN number is 7CB - 7489, could someone please help in decoding this? just curious to know when was the car manufactured.
Meanwhile, here are some more pics of the parts of the car vnabhi wanted to see.
Attached Thumbnails
I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04627.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04628.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04629.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04631.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04632.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04634.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-dsc04636.jpg  

I bought a BEASTA on phone!-rc-book.jpg  

Last edited by SMK : 4th September 2010 at 13:22. Reason: more info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com