Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2010, 16:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Going by the VIN Number, yours is certainly a 2007 model, but our VIN expert feels it is a Jan, 2007 model. See the question and response in the thread below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2055676

As regards the gear console, though there is a chrome type shine in your car, are there any designer lines on it---I don't see them in the pics. Mine has them.
Old 4th September 2010, 17:24   #32
Senior - BHPian

That explains the absence of ABS, but why was a Jan 2007 car registered only in Dec 2007?

SMK: Don't worry too much about this as long as the car is running fine now.
Old 4th September 2010, 17:51   #33
SMK
BHPian

@Vnabhi,Gilead: Thanks for your help! Yes, thegear console is housed in a shiny material which has designer lines all over it.
I am not sure why the car was manufactured in Jan 2007 and registered in Dec 2007. Maybe it was lying in the stockyard and an unsuspecting, filthy rich person like the previous owner was given this car in November

Yes, Since the car is running awesome and looks awesome I dont want to worry too much.
Old 4th September 2010, 18:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
@Vnabhi,Gilead: Thanks for your help! Yes, thegear console is housed in a shiny material which has designer lines all over it.
I am not sure why the car was manufactured in Jan 2007 and registered in Dec 2007. Maybe it was lying in the stockyard and an unsuspecting, filthy rich person like the previous owner was given this car in November

Yes, Since the car is running awesome and looks awesome I dont want to worry too much.
That's great to know, but if you are worried about ABS---doesn't Ford offer it any more? It was an optional offering prior to Feb, 2007, and used to cost Rs 27000 approx.
Old 4th September 2010, 19:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That's great to know, but if you are worried about ABS---doesn't Ford offer it any more? It was an optional offering prior to Feb, 2007, and used to cost Rs 27000 approx.
ABS is now default on the ZXI and SXI. Not optional on the EXI. And it can't be retrofitted after buying the car anyway.
Old 4th September 2010, 19:54   #36
BHPian

Congrats on your car and happy motoring
Old 5th September 2010, 12:23   #37
SMK
BHPian

@gilead, Ithink they had offered it to be retrofitted for 30k. I need to check with them.
@Kailashnj, thanks!

Ok, now here are my experiences till now:
1. Car is a hoot to drive. I am blown away with the power.
2. AC is a chiller. Chills the car within 5 minutes on a fan speed of 1!!
3. Control Switches, Plastics, Leather Upholstry,Fit and finish is top notch.
4. Quitest engine, i tried to start it when it was already on.
5. Gearbox is very very pricise and slots gears like a dream.
6. Great headlights.

Some Cons:
1. 6 CD changer has 3 CDs stuck inside. Gives a CD error when tried to eject.
2. Child lock on the rear doors is a pain to engage, needs screw driver to activate.
3. Mileage is around 9km in city with AC. Need to test on highways.
4. Since its Black, needs a wash almost everyday :(
Old 5th September 2010, 13:45   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Child lock on the rear doors is a pain to engage, needs screw driver to activate.
It has been designed to be operated with your car key. No need for a screwdriver.
Old 5th September 2010, 16:09   #39
SMK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
It has been designed to be operated with your car key. No need for a screwdriver.
Wooaha.. thanks again! You see i have graduated from an Indica and everyday is a learning curve with the Fiesta. My daughter accidentally pushed the door release latch from inside and thats when i came to know that Fiesta can be locked from inside by pushing it in!!

Otherwise i was looking for a door lock button on the inside!
Old 5th September 2010, 16:17   #40
BHPian

Congrats! Now you can go fida from the first day itself. No need to wait to cross 2000 km !! Drive safe and give us more feed back.Good luck
Old 27th September 2010, 09:49   #41
SMK
BHPian

One Month Ownership Report

We went out to my native place Haveri which is about 330kms from Bangalore through the (always getting built) NH4 this weekend.

As mentioned earlier, the car is absolute pleasure to be driven and on highways it gets better! I found the car to be well planted on high speeds. Felt very safe taking the car over 100kmph.

Few observations:
- The car seems to pull to the left need to keep adjusting the stearing.
- Stearing column starts to vibrate/wobble (Sorry, i dont know how to explain this) a bit on speeds in excess of 130kmph. Is this normal?
- Loud 'Khad' sound (to indicate worn out suspension?) when i hit a pot hole @ 80kmph from the front. Do i need to get the suspension checked?
- There is a considerable amount of black powder like substance accumilated in both the front alloy wheels. I washed the wheels clean when i reached my native, today morning i again observed the same only on the front wheels after returning to Bangy yesterday night. It is something like a grinded powder of some metal, I did not find any metal part brushing though.
- Driving the car in heavy rain is a bit tiresome. The wipers do the job of clearing the flowing water on the windscreen, but not completely. There are a few water lines on the windscreen which wont get cleared. Need to get the wipers checked/changed.
- Poor Poor mileage of 10.4kmpl on highways with AC. Is that all i can expect?

I happend to overtake a fellow BHpian on way near Davangere in a Greyish NHC with "I Live to DRIVE" bumper sticker. Forgot the number though

Anyways, the experience of owning a pre-worshipped beauty is really very satisfying. There are not many niggles which are major worries and this makes me a content man.

Finally, let me be open about how much i had to pay for this beauty its - 4.2 Lakhs!! need to get the insurance done though. I think the money i paid for this car is completely worth it.

Big thanks to GTO for inspiring me to get into pre-worshipped deal. Totally FIDA!!
Old 27th September 2010, 10:39   #42
BHPian

Quote:
We went out to my native place Haveri which is about 330kms from Bangalore through the (always getting built) NH4 this weekend.

As mentioned earlier, the car is absolute pleasure to be driven and on highways it gets better! I found the car to be well planted on high speeds. Felt very safe taking the car over 100kmph.

Few observations:
- The car seems to pull to the left need to keep adjusting the stearing.
- Stearing column starts to vibrate/wobble (Sorry, i dont know how to explain this) a bit on speeds in excess of 130kmph. Is this normal?
Looks like you have wheel alignment issue. Get wheels inspected.

- Loud 'Khad' sound (to indicate worn out suspension?) when i hit a pot hole @ 80kmph from the front. Do i need to get the suspension checked?

- There is a considerable amount of black powder like substance accumilated in both the front alloy wheels. I washed the wheels clean when i reached my native, today morning i again observed the same only on the front wheels after returning to Bangy yesterday night. It is something like a grinded powder of some metal, I did not find any metal part brushing though.
Its normal for wheels with disc break to look dirty due to break dust from break pads. It shows prominently on disc & allows. It increases with age of disc pads. if you feel its more, get it inspected at trusted local mechanic. Why not take it to Ford dealer? If you take it them, I am sure they will ask you to change break pads even though they are good enough!

I have this dust visible in my 5 months old Fiesta. So it shouldn't be issue to worry, unless you feel break isn't working to your satisfaction.

- Driving the car in heavy rain is a bit tiresome. The wipers do the job of clearing the flowing water on the windscreen, but not completely. There are a few water lines on the windscreen which wont get cleared. Need to get the wipers checked/changed.

Drove recently in heavy rain, found wipers do their job perfectly. In fact rain was so heavy in ghats that I had to keep speed of wipers at their maximum.

What happens if you use windshield water? Does blades clean the water properly (apart from the streaks they leave in corners/sides). If so I believe wiper good enough.

There are lots of things contributes to wiper performance. Like amount of dust collected prior to usage (of wiper). On long drive windshield accumulates lots of dust. Its always better use windshield water to clean windshield as soon as you need to use wipers. It always makes wiper function little more efficient (as I found out in my trip).

- Poor Poor mileage of 10.4kmpl on highways with AC. Is that all i can expect?
Yes, it is poor. Why is that? I got ~15kmpl. Key to better mileage is to keep rpm between 2000 to 2500 (I know its hard). With this rpm, you will be cruising in 110km in 5th gear!
Old 27th September 2010, 10:48   #43
SMK
BHPian

Thanks RaguHolla, Even i thought its the alignment issue. Will get it checked. Breaks work near to perfect, so i would not worry about the dust as of now.
When i use winshield water, the wipers do their job. I dont know how to say this, but the water recidue would blurr the vision.
Its really hard to keep the rpm between that range bro, its soo tempting to push the pedal i almost forget the mileage. Thanks for the input, will keep that in mind next time around.
Old 27th September 2010, 10:55   #44
BHPian

SMK- I feel its time to change your wiper blades. If when they get hard or worn off that they leave streaks and a does a slighty misty wipe job.

As for your mileage- you will start getting more when you get used to the car's behaviour and adapt your driving style as well. Mileage is always dependant on lots of factors.

Steering vibration and pulling to left-: Wheel alignment, tyre balancing an absolute must. Also check the tyre for flat spots, roughening/scrapping on the edges. I face the latter on my Getz.

Last edited by krish3 : 27th September 2010 at 10:57.
Old 27th September 2010, 10:58   #45
Team-BHP Support

SMK, i am not too sure if it is a good idea to have the RC book details as well as VIN number posted on a public forum. If you feel the same as well, please do report your post to the mods asking for it to be removed from your post.

In today's time and age, i am sure you wouldnt want to have this info in the wrong hands. No harm in being careful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks