Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 11:02   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK View Post
Thanks RaguHolla, Even i thought its the alignment issue. Will get it checked. Breaks work near to perfect, so i would not worry about the dust as of now.
When i use winshield water, the wipers do their job. I dont know how to say this, but the water recidue would blurr the vision.
Its really hard to keep the rpm between that range bro, its soo tempting to push the pedal i almost forget the mileage. Thanks for the input, will keep that in mind next time around.
Blur-ness is due to A/C. I read some where that with A/C and detergent layer will increase the windshield fogging. Directing air to windshield may decrease this effect. But during heavy rain and in high humidity in the air, fogging forms quickly on outside of windshield. In this situation Switch off re-cycle mode and switch off A/C, this reduces fogging on windshield.
However during heavy rain I always found need to fiddle with A/C nob... Because sudden change in weather pattern (read difference in inside and outside), fogging forms on either side of windshield (depending on A/C settings). But this is the same in any cars. There are anti-fog/Anti-rain liquids in market to reduce the effect. I haven't used any of them so far to comment on the same.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:04   #47
SMK
BHPian

Thanks Krish3 and benbsb29, points taken.

Mods can i get the pics removed from the post?
Old 27th September 2010, 15:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

I have found another way to get rid of fogging on the outside of the windshield. This is assuming you have been running AC for a while and the car interior is cold.

Turn the thermostat all the way to hot and direct the air flow towards the windshield. AC must be on. Leave it that way for a minute or two even if it gets hot inside. Then use the wiper once and voila you won't find any fogging on the outside any more. You can change the thermostat to cold again and direct the airflow away from the windshield after that.

Anyway its obvious in your case that the wiper blades need to be changed. And wheel alignment and balancing needs to be done as well as suggested by the others.
Old 27th September 2010, 17:10   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
SMK : There is a considerable amount of black powder like substance accumilated in both the front alloy wheels.
@SMK, congrats on the car.

1. Get yourself a pair of wiper blades from anywhere. You dont really need to stick to the A.S.S

2. The black powder is dust released when you brake. Happens on all wheels, though most visible on alloys. Keep cleaning it as & when you can, with a decent alloy wheel cleaner. Pls dont use detergents.

ps. : how is the road upto Haveri ? Which sections are bad ? Heard Chitradurga - DVG is bad. Pls revert .. thanks
Old 27th September 2010, 17:34   #50
SMK
BHPian

Thanks Gilead and condor,

The owner of the car had changed the wiper blades and got the servicing of the car done before he handed it over to me and i happened to take the delivery directly from the Metro Ford showroom with the copies of bills. I am not sure if i am explaining it right here, but the closest solution which i think works should be Gilead's work around!

Yes condor, the road upto Chitradurga is good but after that its still bad. From DVG to Haveri is again better. They are still working on these roads and god knows when it will get completed.

Also guys, what do you think of the price? I wanted to first be sure that whatever i pay was the price for the car and i would not incurr major expenses since i bought this car over the phone without even looking at it

Last edited by SMK : 27th September 2010 at 17:39. Reason: Adding more info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks