Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 12:26   #16
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Evo, Initially when i bought the Punto, i loved whenever i used to get a call regarding feedback. All the time i thought they are listening to me, but later i realised it's only about showing concern. At a later stage these calls got so annoying that i had to tell them to not to call me.
Aah, the case of the over enthusiastic customer care rep ! They dont have any numbers where they can bother me. Only board numbers. However will keep it in mind. Thanks!

OT : The Elantra is due to reach cal today.
Old 8th September 2010, 13:29   #17
BHPian

Evo- Congrats on buying a Linea. Wishing you many happy kms on linea and a better experience than the hyundai.
Old 8th September 2010, 13:42   #18
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Evo- Congrats on buying a Linea. Wishing you many happy kms on linea and a better experience than the hyundai.
It may sound funny, given the Elantra engine issue, but I still have a very high opinion of Hyundai in the service department .

Infact, if Tata-Fiat can even give me 60-70% of Hyundai in the service area, my expectations would be exceeded comfortably.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:33   #19
evo
BHPian

Additions

Very nice looking carpets from a brand called Stepin. Great fit.

Film- More visibility on the front windows and quarter glass panels.
Darker ones on all the others.
Shade was supposedly called Olive Green.

Reverse Sensors.The ones which come with a clip on rear view mirror. Could choose between Xenos, Wheels and Autocop. Same price, similar looks, same warranty. Dealer had indepth knowledge about the three, down to minute differences on the display. ( STOP instead of 0 Metres etc.) Finally chose Autocop as it was the sleekest and had an option to switch the buzzer or the display off.

This also took care of another gripe I had. The rear view mirror was`nt long enough to cover the entire rear windscreen. Similar problem in the RS got sorted with use of aftermarket (so called convex) mirror.

The sensors were placed higher up than the ones on the LHD Lineas I have seen. I thought that it was a more relevant position.

Fragrance will be added once the New Car Smell wears off.

Last edited by evo : 8th September 2010 at 16:38.
Old 8th September 2010, 16:59   #20
evo
BHPian

A phone pic to start off with. Poor quality et al though.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea Diesel 2010. Ownership Report.-img00243201009021734.jpg  

Old 8th September 2010, 17:02   #21
BANNED

Hello Evo. Congrats again!

Post some more pics especially with the Octavia!! We can then know how big a Linea looks compared to the Octi.
Old 8th September 2010, 17:49   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
, and every morning when I look at it, I feel great rather than “Oh, this washing machine”.
nice one ! just can't stop nice quote. Congratulations on your new Linea.
Old 8th September 2010, 18:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Evo, congratulations on your Fiat Linea. Your color choice is good brother. Needless to say, Fiat Linea looks gorgeous in black.

I did enjoy your post too. You're good at writing. But, at the same time I wish that you had uploaded many pictures.

Do keep us updated with your experiences.Happy motoring and mile crunching .

Quote:
A phone pic to start off with. Poor quality et al though.
You made me feel disappointed. I do hope that you'll upload better pictures next time.

Amith.

Last edited by Klub Class : 8th September 2010 at 18:22.
Old 8th September 2010, 22:26   #24
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
nice one ! just can't stop nice quote. Congratulations on your new Linea.
Hehe.
Thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Evo, congratulations on your Fiat Linea. Your color choice is good brother. Needless to say, Fiat Linea looks gorgeous in black.

I did enjoy your post too. You're good at writing. But, at the same time I wish that you had uploaded many pictures.

Do keep us updated with your experiences.Happy motoring and mile crunching .

You made me feel disappointed. I do hope that you'll upload better pictures next time.

Amith.
Thankyou. And yes, more pictures will come. (not from phone cam!)

@ Earthed

Never thought about a Linea Vs Octy length comparo. Will click one.

Last edited by evo : 8th September 2010 at 22:27.
Old 8th September 2010, 23:32   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Very nice looking carpets from a brand called Stepin. Great fit.
Pics of carpet . Am not a big fan of carpet quality in my Manza. Are these OEM fit for Linea only or can get custom fit for other makes/models?
Old 9th September 2010, 00:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Evo on acquiring the Linea!looks awesome in black.Both the octy and the linea look very good.
Old 9th September 2010, 11:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats D! Wishing you a hassle-free ownership experience with this one
And yeah, echoing everyone's sentiments, can you please post some nice pics? A delicious thing like a black Linea deserves better! Outsource the task to one of the Chrome trainees
Old 9th September 2010, 13:02   #28
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kmiles View Post
Pics of carpet . Am not a big fan of carpet quality in my Manza. Are these OEM fit for Linea only or can get custom fit for other makes/models?
These are specifically cut as per the Linea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Congrats Evo on acquiring the Linea!looks awesome in black.Both the Octy and the Linea look very good.
Thankyou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Congrats D! Wishing you a hassle-free ownership experience with this one
And yeah, echoing everyone's sentiments, can you please post some nice pics? A delicious thing like a black Linea deserves better!
Hehe. Coming up !
Old 9th September 2010, 13:39   #29
evo
BHPian

Drove the car extensively over the last few days, keeping it below 2500 revs isnt as difficult as I thought. Considering its done about 200 KM as yet, running in is far from over. While it obviously doesnt beg to be driven hard, no wall of torque and all, its fairly pleasant to drive.

I still cant get over how good the steering wheel is. Drove the RS after that and the wheel was very very inferior. I can`t believe that I`m comparing a diesel Linea to an RS, but then such is life!

I think the number plate will be a so called radium sticker. That seems to be the only way to retain to fluidity of the space at the front.

The speakers irritated me a bit when I changed the music from the sort of Easy Listening stuff that was playing all this while. Though, from what I gather, just replacing the stock rear fills with something will better will not make much of a difference. Or do I gather wrong?

The rear armrest when open shows some black painted steel panel. Its quite strange because all other cars that I have seen have that bit upholstered. So I got it covered with a swatch of Art Leather. The job isnt millimeter perfect, but looks way better than the stock look.
Old 9th September 2010, 14:08   #30
BHPian

Congrats man.Linea in black looks stately.A chaffeur in white livery will complete the look considering its meant to be the "driver ki gaadi"
Saw your RS at the workshop from close quarters the other day.Looks cool.But the way they were maneouvred it while taking it away from the workshop..Sigh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks