Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2010, 22:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Wow Amey! Is this the first F10 on the board? Car looks great, and I'm sure you must be totally kicked about having a Beemer now. I still haven't digested mine properly!

I'd say can the RFT's asap. They are just not worth it. Check my thread, I've tried to come up with a decent solution to the spare tyre issue, it doesn't take up too much space really.

Quote:
Dad: So what ? Big deal, we will figure it out.
Your dad is awesome.
Old 13th September 2010, 22:35   #17
Senior - BHPian

How can someone consider a Fiat Linea and end up buying a Linea? Something doesn't quite add up. ;-) But, fantastic purchase. Congrats!
Old 13th September 2010, 22:49   #18
BHPian

Quote:
WOW! some upgrade. Smart dad

Did you get those AMC/warranty package too?
Yes.We went for the 5 Yr./1,00,000 Kms. package and also the BMW Secure.

Quote:
Wow' is the first word that comes to my mind.
As for fuel - does BMW recommend normal diesel? I am simply amazed with the boot. Cavernous us the ideal term.
I presume the tires are runflats - do I see open valve stems?
Is that a CD changer system in the glove compartment? Was that built in or optional?
Also - IMO the car deserves better footmats.
BMW recommends normal diesel.No additives or premium fuel.
Yes these are Runflats. Yes thats a 6 DVD changer in the glove compartment. It tucked away nicely,comes out only when you need to add/replace the discs.
The floormats were complimentary from the dealer

Quote:
Congratulations on getting an unexpected surprise. If I am not wrong, yours is the first F10 on T-BHP.
Not sure about that.

Quote:
The paint in your garage does not do justice to the brute. Get it painted as soon as possible.
The entire house is under renovation,dont worry, it will be painted.

Quote:
How can someone consider a Fiat Linea and end up buying a Linea? Something doesn't quite add up. ;-) But, fantastic purchase. Congrats!
Maybe you meant, " How can someone consider a Fiat Linea and end up buying a 5 Series ? Something doesn't quite add up. ;-) But, fantastic purchase. Congrats! "

Thanks for the wishes guys.
Old 13th September 2010, 23:29   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats!! Are those alloys standard? The 525d I saw at the launch had horrid alloys. What's the size of the tyres ?
Smart move by getting the BSI, foolish move by getting the secure it ain't worth it IMO, ditch it on renewal.
I love the number plate font Bavarian motors puts!
Old 13th September 2010, 23:38   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.Love that velvety inside of the glovebox.Also what is the "lancer project" that you started on?
Old 13th September 2010, 23:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hooooooooo!!!!! What a car. Congrats!!Somehow many people didnt like the new 5 series. But I beg to differ. Its a change for good..
The 3rd pic is a killer.

P.S--Daddy daddy coooool!!!. You got the coolest dad on earth.
Congrats again buddy.

Last edited by Pancham : 13th September 2010 at 23:56.
Old 14th September 2010, 01:13   #22
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Sahil here. BSI is totally worth it, but do reconsider Secure next year, it did not seem all that worth it. Also, I hope you got insurance quotes from outside, BMW insurance quotes are a rip-off.

And yes, I love that font too
Old 14th September 2010, 08:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats!! Are those alloys standard? The 525d I saw at the launch had horrid alloys. What's the size of the tyres ?
Smart move by getting the BSI, foolish move by getting the secure it ain't worth it IMO, ditch it on renewal.
I love the number plate font Bavarian motors puts!
Yes these are standard alloys for the 525D,not sure what they give on the 530D but 523i gets different alloys and I found them to be pretty lame.
stock size is 225/55/R17.Got Goodyear Excellence on my car.
Thought its better to go for the BMW Secure for complete cover and securing the car but if you say its pointless, might as well dump it the next year.

Quote:
Congrats.Love that velvety inside of the glovebox.Also what is the "lancer project" that you started on?
In a nutshell,
Lancer diesel - Lancer body with Cedia engine- forged internals-turbo.....
You get the idea right ?

Quote:
I agree with Sahil here. BSI is totally worth it, but do reconsider Secure next year, it did not seem all that worth it. Also, I hope you got insurance quotes from outside, BMW insurance quotes are a rip-off.

And yes, I love that font too
Hmmm... Looks like I need to really dump the secure thing next year.
Old 14th September 2010, 10:15   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Beemer. Whoa is the only expression I got when I read this

Quote:
Dad: I like it, should we buy it ?
Me: It's a bloody good car but equally expensive,almost twice of the Superb
Dad: So what ? Big deal, we will figure it out.
Enjoy many more happy miles with the Beemer
Old 14th September 2010, 10:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Amey! It's a dream machine. Really cool story about the purchase decision as well. I like your dad's thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
I think the BSI starts with 3yr/60K package which costs nearly 1.25L. Considering that BMW offers standard 2yr/unlimited milegae warranty, it the 3yr BSI package really worth it?
Old 14th September 2010, 11:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the 525d Amey. That's really a great upgrade from Octy to Beemer. Please post some more exterior pics. How do you find the rear seat comfort? How much did you pay for the 5year BSI?
Old 14th September 2010, 11:24   #27
BHPian

Amey. the pics looks awesome.

I pray to GOD That every car crazy person gets a dad like you.
How much have you driven the car till date. it must be really hard to keep her revs down during the run in. Does it get scary to drive the 5 in crazy Pune Traffic?

Post some initial driving impressions.
Old 14th September 2010, 11:36   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! Congrats Amey. If you see a bespectacled overweight guy trying to wave your 5 series down sometime, do stop and say hello ok?

I saw a 5 series on the e-way some weeks ago and it's simply the best car I can ever hope to buy! The 3 looks like a poor cousin in comparison (no offence to flyingspur and others ). You should thank Ganapati bappa that you have such a cool dad. Though I do suspect he was always in the market for a "real" car and all that Linea hogwash was just to pull wool over your eyes!
Old 14th September 2010, 11:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

First off congrats again on the beemer Ameeeeeeeey. Awesome choice and a sure shot headturner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Brief History (Yes you may skip this or read and yawn, choice is yours.lol)
I didnt yawn. In fact i was glued to your report. Well put and totally straight from the heart. Wishing you years of happy miles with this car.

One question though, IIRC the skoda was also silver, the getz and the swift are white, any particular reason for light colors?

edit - you might want to consider changing the RFT's to tubeless (from what i have read most of the owners do so).

Now you have the best excuse to drive down to bangalore. Hope to see you soon bro. Have loads of fun and drive safe.

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th September 2010 at 11:39.
Old 14th September 2010, 12:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
Amey. the pics looks awesome.

Does it get scary to drive the 5 in crazy Pune Traffic?

That is what i wondered too ! Pune is scary with the swarm of 2 wheelers to your left, right & where not!!? The few times that i have driven the Audi into Pune, i have always made it a point to retract the wing mirrors. Its almost a guarantee that some 2 wheeler would scrape past the wing mirror and run away without even a second glance, no matter how careful you are
Really annoying.
Amey --> I guess living there, you are well accustomed to it and know exactly how to react though

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 14th September 2010 at 12:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks