Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 22:03   #76
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the time frame involved earlier and now and the fact that you took the car to Bangalore albeit without any results, I believe that you are in a position to ask VW to send over a technician/engineer to Mangalore and not wait another 3 weeks.

Infact, I am surprised that VW themselves have not offered to do so. It seems they do not value other person's time. For a brand that is trying so very hard to gain consumer confidence this should have been the way to go. This could have been treated maybe as a one off case but it should have been done.

Last weekend I drove with a fellow member in his Jetta with the DSG gearbox from Satara to Kaas (30kms one way) as I am looking to buy one for myself in the near future. Though I am impressed with the vehicle and its capabilities, this thread is a major reason for concern and second thoughts. Not everyone has the patience displayed by you but then one expects better from one of the largest auto makers in the world.

I hope that your car is repaired sooner than later.
Old 29th September 2010, 22:15   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Looking at the time frame involved earlier and now and the fact that you took the car to Bangalore albeit without any results, I believe that you are in a position to ask VW to send over a technician/engineer to Mangalore and not wait another 3 weeks.

Infact, I am surprised that VW themselves have not offered to do so. It seems they do not value other person's time. For a brand that is trying so very hard to gain consumer confidence this should have been the way to go. This could have been treated maybe as a one off case but it should have been done.

Last weekend I drove with a fellow member in his Jetta with the DSG gearbox from Satara to Kaas (30kms one way) as I am looking to buy one for myself in the near future. Though I am impressed with the vehicle and its capabilities, this thread is a major reason for concern and second thoughts. Not everyone has the patience displayed by you but then one expects better from one of the largest auto makers in the world.

I hope that your car is repaired sooner than later.
They would have sent their engineers to Mangalore to do the job. But the infrastructure available at Mangalore presently is not going to help them. It is for this reason that I am taking my car to Bangalore to get it fixed. VW offered to take my car to Bangalore but I refused because the road to Mangalore from Bangalore is so bad that I did not want anybody to drive my new car on this route. I will keep this thread updated once the problem is resolved.
Old 10th October 2010, 13:44   #78
Senior - BHPian

Mr. Mallya,
Is there any update on your polo.
Did VW fix the issue with your ride.
Lets us know the latest on the same.

Cheers.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:07   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Mr. Mallya,
Is there any update on your polo.
Did VW fix the issue with your ride.
Lets us know the latest on the same.

Cheers.
Thanks for the query buddy. VW will be attending to my car on the 18th of this month at their dealers workshop in Bangalore to fix the problem. It might take a day or two according to them. I will update the information as soon as the problem is set right, hopefully by the 20th of this month.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:12   #80
BHPian

You my friend are extremely patient!! VW is very fortunate to have customers like you. Also I see people don't go into a VW bashing unlike some other brand which gets no inch.

Hope your problem gets sorted out asap.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:24   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
You my friend are extremely patient!! VW is very fortunate to have customers like you. Also I see people don't go into a VW bashing unlike some other brand which gets no inch.

Hope your problem gets sorted out asap.
It is not just patience alone my friend. You have to understand the fact that the VW dealership at my place is yet to start functioning and until then I have to run to Bangalore with my car for service/repairs. With the present road condition between Mangalore and Bangalore you get dissuaded from travelling between the two cities by road, frequently. VW would have probably done the job a month ago, but I did not have the time to go to Bangalore with the car.
Yes I do hope my problem gets solved in the next few days.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:17   #82
BHPian

Hope your problem is solved with utmost Patience (Like yours) and care .

Keep us posted.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:35   #83
BHPian

Quite a revealing thread. Reminds of Skoda stories and I am also little scared as VW polo (Petrol) owner. Little solace is I stay in Pune and VW is just 30 kms away. But in such cases whether proximity will work or not. I don't know. It is all related to corporate attitude of the company.

I had similar problem in the Palio diesel that I previously owned. I remember it was linked to obstruction or build-up in Exhaust Gas Re-circulator. That was after 30000 kms running. It surely can not happen to a new car.

Please keep posted of developments. We will come to know of quality of VW A.S.S.

As per promise they should have given you a standby car for use till this issue gets resolved. Did you demanded one?
Old 11th October 2010, 21:45   #84
Senior - BHPian

And I was almost considering the VW Tiguan !! Seems like VW has entered India with a limp. It is unfortunate that they are unable to handle a basic problem.

But then these things occur once in a 10000 customers. I sure do not wish to be that 10000th customer.

Hats off to you for your patience. Any new car buyer is disillusioned the moment any such thing comes up. I know I would be.

Shame on you VW for taking sooooooo long to sort out a small glitch. If you are here for the long haul, behave like you are.
Old 12th October 2010, 08:17   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANPUSH View Post
Quite a revealing thread. Reminds of Skoda stories and I am also little scared as VW polo (Petrol) owner. Little solace is I stay in Pune and VW is just 30 kms away. But in such cases whether proximity will work or not. I don't know. It is all related to corporate attitude of the company.

I had similar problem in the Palio diesel that I previously owned. I remember it was linked to obstruction or build-up in Exhaust Gas Re-circulator. That was after 30000 kms running. It surely can not happen to a new car.

Please keep posted of developments. We will come to know of quality of VW A.S.S.

As per promise they should have given you a standby car for use till this issue gets resolved. Did you demanded one?
I surely agree with you on the point that it is the Corporate attitude of a company which makes or breaks its image in the country. VW has been spending quite a lot of money for advertising their product in India. But their A.S.S. is not yet upto the mark. As far as offering me a standby (Loaner car) car is concerned, their company executive had refused to talk to me saying that they do not normally talk to customers!! But he ultimately did offer a VW Jetta according to the dealerships service advisor. But since this was offered to me after 4 weeks of facing the problem I refused it.
Will keep posted about the developments in the next few days.
Old 12th October 2010, 08:40   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
... As far as offering me a standby (Loaner car) car is concerned, their company executive had refused to talk to me saying that they do not normally talk to customers!!
Quite ridiculous I should say. Sorry to be OT but such statements say a lot about a company's attitude towards its customers - "those who give you your daily bread".

I started out open minded about VW after my terrible experience with Skoda, for replacing my Santro. Incidents such as these are what tests a company's A*S*S and VW's A*S*S is not faring well in my books.

Cheers,
Old 12th October 2010, 15:25   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvmallya View Post
I surely agree with you on the point that it is the Corporate attitude of a company which makes or breaks its image in the country. VW has been spending quite a lot of money for advertising their product in India. But their A.S.S. is not yet upto the mark. As far as offering me a standby (Loaner car) car is concerned, their company executive had refused to talk to me saying that they do not normally talk to customers!! But he ultimately did offer a VW Jetta according to the dealerships service advisor. But since this was offered to me after 4 weeks of facing the problem I refused it.
Will keep posted about the developments in the next few days.
uvmallya - I must commend you on your levels of patience. If someone had to give me such nonsense, he would have immediately received a tongue lashing from me ! In no circumstances can a company executive of a reputed company like VW be allowed to get away with making such an irresponsible & immature statement. This should be taken up directly with the higher ups at VW Pune. Off topic - This reminds me of an incident where the repainting of my swift was not completed on time at Pratham motors. They readily accepted their mistake & offered to give me a wagon R as a back up car. (Which i didn't need as we have other cars at home, neither did i ask for) This speaks volumes for how far VW needs to go to achieve true customer satisfaction !!
Old 12th October 2010, 16:51   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
uvmallya - I must commend you on your levels of patience. If someone had to give me such nonsense, he would have immediately received a tongue lashing from me ! In no circumstances can a company executive of a reputed company like VW be allowed to get away with making such an irresponsible & immature statement. This should be taken up directly with the higher ups at VW Pune. Off topic - This reminds me of an incident where the repainting of my swift was not completed on time at Pratham motors. They readily accepted their mistake & offered to give me a wagon R as a back up car. (Which i didn't need as we have other cars at home, neither did i ask for) This speaks volumes for how far VW needs to go to achieve true customer satisfaction !!
Well, I had lost my patience too when this guy called me over phone and spoke nonsense. I just cut off the phone and when he called me the next time I curtly told him that I do not wish to talk to him. It was his senior from their corporate office who spoke to me politely and tried to resolve the matter. In fact I told this senior person that if they have people like the one who spoke rudely to me, the company will very soon acquire a very bad image and always bad news spreads very fast. I believe that some good sense has now prevailed over the senior people at VW and whoever has spoken to me from their end seems to be talking sense. VW has a long way to go in achieving true customer satisfaction in our country.
Old 12th October 2010, 18:00   #89
BHPian

@uvmallya: I can only Imagine how tough it must be for you. But you have shown great amount of patience. Kudos to that!!!!!

I am an ardent fan of VW. However, I think VW needs to put up their act in resolving these issues. I was surprised knowing that the dealer was better in responding than VW. Ideally, this will not be the case. I think prolonging these kind of issues would only damage their image and probably end up like Skoda.

Especially in India, where customers think about resale value of a car first before even purchasing it, acts like this would burn a huge hole in their sales.

Hope they rectify the problem as soon as possible. Will be looking forward to your updates post 18th October, to know how well they have handled the situation and if to your satisfaction, as well....
Old 12th October 2010, 19:22   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_v View Post
@uvmallya: I can only Imagine how tough it must be for you. But you have shown great amount of patience. Kudos to that!!!!!

I am an ardent fan of VW. However, I think VW needs to put up their act in resolving these issues. I was surprised knowing that the dealer was better in responding than VW. Ideally, this will not be the case. I think prolonging these kind of issues would only damage their image and probably end up like Skoda.

Especially in India, where customers think about resale value of a car first before even purchasing it, acts like this would burn a huge hole in their sales.

Hope they rectify the problem as soon as possible. Will be looking forward to your updates post 18th October, to know how well they have handled the situation and if to your satisfaction, as well....
Kiran, I too am a very ardent fan of VW and that is the one reason that made me have a lot of patience in this matter. I love my car very much and but for this problem everything else is fine with it. In fact there is one more VW Polo in our family (with my brother-in-law) which is a petrol version.
I would like to once again emphasise that it was the dealer who was more responsive to my car problem than VW company itself. I surely hope that this issue gets solved by next week and I will keep updating the progress in my thread for the benefit of all.
I am giving a picture of my car which was taken during the second week of August. In the second picture you can see my brother-in-laws car parked alongside my car.
Attached Thumbnails
My VW Polo TDI Trendline at 2000 kms.-srirahgapatna-013.jpg  

My VW Polo TDI Trendline at 2000 kms.-srirahgapatna-020.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks