Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2010, 19:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Where is all the wood on the inside you were speaking of earlier ???
Old 20th September 2010, 19:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Beauty and the Beast

WOW!!! What a beautiful beast!! Congrats on the car. I know its a monster to drive and with those James Bond like features(AC Vents and drive selector) that car is surely exclusive and classy. Enjoy it!!!!

P.S- We want more interior pics PLEASE!!
Old 20th September 2010, 19:38   #18
BHPian

For long I've seen people being all praises for the BMW 5 series or for the Mercedes E Class (a bit lesser though) and it's heartening to see a change in perception.

Although, the above mentioned 2 cars are very good but the sense of luxury exuded by the XF's interiors makes the competition go pale; and it's quite an important aspect I believe.
Old 20th September 2010, 20:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchit.j View Post
@akj53

In premium luxury trim, climate control at rear isn't offered? Please confirm.

Thanks!
Rear vents of climate control are standard across the range. Ours is also a Premium Luxury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
That is a gorgeous car, akj53. Great choice by your son. Drive safe and may you and your son have many wonderful miles with the cat.
Thanks for your good wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>> Sir,

If the son takes an optimal decision, part of the credit to the parents ( I am not discounting Mrs Jain!) is implicit.

Chalo WE accept the belated credit

Hmmmm, floating at speed is not good at all. The electric steering seems to be the culprit in the 5; Bimmer beware.

The standard suspension of BM also contributes to the problem. You have to upgrade to Optional Adaptive Ride at a hefty cost for tackling this issue.

If the XF seems to shrink around you (and your son) and goes where you want it to go at unholy speeds with stability and without losing its composure, well that's terrific and good for Jaguar.

We recently went for a drive to North Wales. I will post pics of the roads on which I drove at speeds higher than normal without any problem

Enjoy and keep updating. I am sure there will be lots of people back here in India who will read your thread and choose wisely.

Precisely. I was eager to post for this reason as XF diesels are going to be launched soon in India and they will sell in volume.

Drive safe.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Congrats akj53!! Even if I was in your son's place, I'd have gone for the XF! There is something about this car that makes you choose it instead of the Bimmers. Gorgeous looks and one of the best interiors in class coupled with raw performance! Must say, your son has chosen the perfect color, both exterior and interior! The 20'' Senta Alloys complement the car very well. Again, excellent choice

The XF 5.0 is already quite a hit in India, and I am sure the diesel version would garner even better sales.
How's the fuel efficiency like?

Wish you many wonderful and safe miles ahead.
Thanks. Coming from you, that is a real compliment. Diesel models will be more affordable so naturally they will sell more. If Tata can increase their dealers, offer a service package and arrange local assembly Jaguar can give sales equal to Merc and BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Where is all the wood on the inside you were speaking of earlier ???
Wood trim is Black Piano, so all the black you see in cabin is wood. This is exclusive to Sports Model and looks very classy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
WOW!!! What a beautiful beast!! Congrats on the car. I know its a monster to drive and with those James Bond like features(AC Vents and drive selector) that car is surely exclusive and classy. Enjoy it!!!!

P.S- We want more interior pics PLEASE!!
Thanks. I will be posting more pictures.

I shot these pics from my iphone4. The file size ranges from 1.5 MB to 2 MB. When I reduce to file size below 1 MB to post, the quality goes down. I am using Fast Stone Image Viewer. Can anybody suggest a better method so the quality of photos are maintained. I am using: Save as -> Options -> Quality to reduce the size.

I would also like to post video of the starting drama. Can anybody please tell me the best way to post
Old 20th September 2010, 21:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful car ! Gorgeous lines. A wise decision. Congratulations Enjoy her
Old 21st September 2010, 01:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

What a beauty,it looks the best from the side.Huge wheels and very good looking alloys.
Thankfully you did not get that leaping cat on bonnet,that doesnt go with the car.
Congrats to you and your son.
Old 21st September 2010, 01:39   #22
Senior - BHPian

Wow. Beautiful. Congrats on the purchase. Was it tough selecting the color? As i love the silver

Enjoy the car
Old 21st September 2010, 01:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
I shot these pics from my iphone4. The file size ranges from 1.5 MB to 2 MB. When I reduce to file size below 1 MB to post, the quality goes down. I am using Fast Stone Image Viewer. Can anybody suggest a better method so the quality of photos are maintained. I am using: Save as -> Options -> Quality to reduce the size.

I would also like to post video of the starting drama. Can anybody please tell me the best way to post
Congrats on your (your family ) new purchase sir, Wishing you good luck and happy mile crunching.

For photo resizing, try irfanview, a freeware, you could resize the image also retaining the quality. I am using this and am happy with this. Please resize to 1280 X 960 and you will see that file size would be apprx 300KB. This resolution doesnt reduce the quality of the image and at the same time reduces the size of the image.

Last edited by balajird : 21st September 2010 at 01:48. Reason: more information
Old 21st September 2010, 01:47   #24
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Many many congratulations! A very good decision. Gorgeous ride!
Old 21st September 2010, 12:23   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Beautiful car ! Gorgeous lines. A wise decision. Congratulations Enjoy her
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
What a beauty,it looks the best from the side.Huge wheels and very good looking alloys.
Thankfully you did not get that leaping cat on bonnet,that doesnt go with the car.
Congrats to you and your son.
Thanks. Yes and the leaping cat is there on the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Wow. Beautiful. Congrats on the purchase. Was it tough selecting the color? As i love the silver

Today I will post more photos and start the ownership experience also

Enjoy the car
Thanks. Black is the most widely sold colour in UK especially for the sports models so was easily available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Congrats on your (your family ) new purchase sir, Wishing you good luck and happy mile crunching.

For photo resizing, try irfanview, a freeware, you could resize the image also retaining the quality. I am using this and am happy with this. Please resize to 1280 X 960 and you will see that file size would be apprx 300KB. This resolution doesnt reduce the quality of the image and at the same time reduces the size of the image.
Thanks for the good wishes and for the tip. Today I will post pics using Irfanview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
Many many congratulations! A very good decision. Gorgeous ride!
Thank you. The overall feel good factor is very high and thats what matters.
Old 21st September 2010, 20:20   #26
BHPian

Fab choice

Congrats, damn neat looking car and it definitely provides the exclusivity !! Looks smashing and do keep updating the thread with more pics, it's rare that we get to see an XJ and read ownership report

Btw how much did it cost you ?
Old 22nd September 2010, 00:57   #27
BHPian

congratulations on the awesome jaguar.. i think bmw has lost quite a few customers due to its electronic steering gamble..
Old 22nd September 2010, 11:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for jumping in late. A huge congrats to you and Siddharth for the wonderful car.

The XF is such an aspirational car, and when one choses it over the Merc E or BMW 5 then Jaguar should really feel proud.

Your car looks awesome in pictures and I'm sure its stunning in metal as well. I always pay homage to the Jaguar showroom in Bombay whenever I pass by.

Can you please post more pics of the interiors with the dashboard lights on. A video of the starting drama would be excellent though.

Here hoping for a wondering experience with the Jag!

Cheers,
Hiren
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:50   #29
BHPian

Jaguar Videos

I was busy yesterday as Siddharth is going to Portugal today evening, so could not not post further. Sorry about that

Meanwhile please see the following link of Jaguar U.K. It has many videos of their cars. I am sure many members of this forum will find them interesting and informative.

Jaguar UK - Market selector page

I will start posting my ownership experience today. Please bear with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Congrats, damn neat looking car and it definitely provides the exclusivity !! Looks smashing and do keep updating the thread with more pics, it's rare that we get to see an XJ and read ownership report

Btw how much did it cost you ?
Thank you. How I wish I was posting ownership report of XJ, thats a bigger car Sir. Mine is only a XF. The list price of the car came to GBP 44,390 over which we managed to get some discount. Insurance is extra on this, which is very heavy in UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
congratulations on the awesome jaguar.. i think bmw has lost quite a few customers due to its electronic steering gamble..
Thanks. BMW is BMW and it still sells a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Apologies for jumping in late. A huge congrats to you and Siddharth for the wonderful car.

The XF is such an aspirational car, and when one choses it over the Merc E or BMW 5 then Jaguar should really feel proud.

Your car looks awesome in pictures and I'm sure its stunning in metal as well. I always pay homage to the Jaguar showroom in Bombay whenever I pass by.

Can you please post more pics of the interiors with the dashboard lights on. A video of the starting drama would be excellent though.

Here hoping for a wondering experience with the Jag!

Cheers,
Hiren
Thanks. It looks much better in metal which you might have noticed in the showroom. Yes all those pics and video will be posted. Meanwhile please see the above link
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:09   #30
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see someone going against the German tide here and going for the Leaping Cat. Congratulations to you and your son. The XF is a beautiful car and the interiors are a huge breakaway from the German trio. I just love the gear selector in the Jaguar. The XF diesel is not available in India yet but there would be a launch before the end of the year and I'm sure it will come with a competitive price tag. Cant wait to try it out.

I have driven your car's more powerful cousin the XFR. The power that comes out from that Supercharged V8 is insane. 510 bhp of madness but at the same time it pretty comfortable too. The acceleration just kicks you back into the seat.

Enjoy your Jaguar and drive safe. I will be following your ownership report since I'm a big Jaguar fan. Drive safe

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks