Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 21:48   #46
BHPian

Congratulations akj53
This car is absolutely stunning. Jaw Dropping doesn't begin to describe the looks.
Forget the German Trio, this is the luxury car I'm aspiring to own.
Old 24th September 2010, 22:56   #47
BHPian

Congrats akj53. That's one awesome review. . This review will certainly catch attention of a lot of countrymen towards Jag. Yours looks awesome. Drooling stuff.
Your attention towards detailing is certainly appreciable.
Old 25th September 2010, 01:25   #48
BHPian

Akj53,

Apologies for mixing XJ & XF in my earlier post but the car pics you are posting are indeed jaw dropping and you are providing quite a lot of info, I am sure many prospective buyers would find it very helpful
Old 25th September 2010, 12:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
@akj53

Congrats on a superb car ! More than the car, i am envious of the pristine environment worthy of a Jaguar. A Jag where it truly deserves to be, it's home town The parking, the roads ...sigh !!
Thanks very much. You are absolutely right about the pristine environment but wait till I post few pics of our drive to North Wales. While English people are very careful in preserving their environment, heritage and culture, we Indians (I am very very sorry to write this) are hell bent on destroying ours. Here I have seen so much greenry, so many different shades of green which are so soothing to eyes and the mind, we are hell bent on covering all our earth with cement and concrete. Even the small bare earthen strips between the road and boundary wall of the houses are being covered with cement everywhere. People dont realize that cement or concrete soaks up the heat thereby raising the temperature which is already hot. And lesser the greenry lesser the rain, so effectively we are turning our land into desert. I am again very sorry to write also that we even dont have the road manners and even the roads (barring few highways) for good cars. Children will rub cars with bricks or nails, many so called drivers dont even know the traffic laws what to say of observing leading to road rage and accidents............

South India is still better, but north India - 'bus bhagwaan hi maalik hai'

Last edited by akj53 : 25th September 2010 at 12:51.
Old 25th September 2010, 14:55   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
Congratulations akj53
This car is absolutely stunning. Jaw Dropping doesn't begin to describe the looks.
Forget the German Trio, this is the luxury car I'm aspiring to own.
Thanks. May God fulfill your wish at the earliest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats akj53. That's one awesome review. . This review will certainly catch attention of a lot of countrymen towards Jag. Yours looks awesome. Drooling stuff.
Your attention towards detailing is certainly appreciable.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Akj53,

Apologies for mixing XJ & XF in my earlier post but the car pics you are posting are indeed jaw dropping and you are providing quite a lot of info, I am sure many prospective buyers would find it very helpful
Thanks a lot and no apologies needed between friends.
Old 25th September 2010, 14:57   #51
BHPian

Spot on ! Chandigarh seems to be an exception though.

Looking forward to the pics.
Old 25th September 2010, 15:02   #52
BHPian

Exterior continued

I have already described few features. Other features are as follows:-

Rain sensing Wind screen wipers can be controlled to operate manually or automatically and driver can set different sensitivity to rain.

Headlamps can also be controlled to operate manually or automatically and as exit lights for 30, 60 or 120 seconds. Good toys for the driver to play, since most of the things are automatic.

Bright side window surrounds: ???. Will have to ask David what it is.

Front and rear parking sensors with Rear camera with audio visual warnings on touch screen:

Heated Front and rear windscreen: Most of the cars have the heated rear screen, but Jag provides the front one also for faster demisting. BMW salesman told me that Jaguar has the patent for this. Nice.

Diesel Misfueling protection device: I don’t know about India, but here they have different nozzles of fuel dispensers. So our car has a device which will sense the petrol dispenser pipe and block the inlet pipe to stop petrol going into Diesel tank. Very Nice.

Fuel Tank capacity: 68.1 liters. Reserve: 5.5 liters.

Boot capacity: Could not find anywhere but should be about 500 + liters. It you leave the car key inside the boot and lock the car from outside, it will beep and boot will open in 3 seconds. Very Nice

What I like on exterior: Practically everything.

What I don’t like on exterior: They have not provided LED day time running lights as standard. You can buy them optionally only with a Aerodynamic Pack for £ 2,000, that too only on the Sports model. Day light robbery indeed.

I will start the interior features next and after that on our driving and ownership experience with lots of photos.
Old 25th September 2010, 16:55   #53
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations sir for the new addition. The Jaguar XF is a terrific car with bold and elegant lines. Forget the German trio, the XF is the car to have in black. No words to appreciate the beauty on four wheels. Just timeless.
Old 25th September 2010, 19:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
..... Here I have seen so much greenry, so many different shades of green which are so soothing to eyes and the mind, ....
Completely agree with you, I have been there in Wales and Scotland and the beauty is astounding, every historical bits and pieces are protected and the way it is taken care is very very noteworthy. I forgot the road number from Edinburgh to London where most of the travel is next to the sea, we enjoyed a lot in that route and I am sure you might be aware of the most scenic routes in UK.

Gook luck and Enjoy your drive.
Old 26th September 2010, 10:20   #55
BHPian

JAG - Just Amazingly Good !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Thanks very much.

South India is still better, but north India - 'bus bhagwaan hi maalik hai'
Congrats !! I have seen the entire new X* range at Canary Wharf Motor show around 1.5 years back. The Jag is truly iconic and exudes automotive grace when it comes near you. Ratan Tata is truly THE businessman who picked Jaguar when it was down. Only a true petrolhead can appreciate the Jag as well as the buy !

You buy a Jag, an Aston Martin, Alfa Romeo with your heart and the rest of the stuff (Mercs, Beemers, VW, Audi) with your brains and the Koreans/Japs by your purse !!! I dont care about American cars as they can go fast in a straight line only(quoting my hero Mr. Jeremy Clarkson @TopGear).

Cheers !!
Old 26th September 2010, 11:35   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Congratulations sir for the new addition. The Jaguar XF is a terrific car with bold and elegant lines. Forget the German trio, the XF is the car to have in black. No words to appreciate the beauty on four wheels. Just timeless.
What can I say except for a big Thank you. I hope Jaguar will get its due in India also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
Completely agree with you, I have been there in Wales and Scotland and the beauty is astounding, every historical bits and pieces are protected and the way it is taken care is very very noteworthy. I forgot the road number from Edinburgh to London where most of the travel is next to the sea, we enjoyed a lot in that route and I am sure you might be aware of the most scenic routes in UK.
I ditto your words about Wales and Scotland. I traveled in Scotland from Glasgow to Loch Ness to Edinburgh. The scenic beauty and pristine nature is simply out of this world. Similarly Wales country side has to be seen to be believed. Top Gear lists of 'Roads to drive on before you drive' includes many Wales roads. I have a big library of photos of our tour to theses areas, back in India. I will post them once I reach back.

I cant resist posting 2 photos of our drive to North Wales in Jaguar.
Why cant we have places like these in our country
Attached Thumbnails
Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0990.jpg  

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0963.jpg  

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1005.jpg  

Old 26th September 2010, 11:42   #57
BHPian

Members are eager to see the starting drama. Well here is the video

However the video can be seen on youtube

Details of interior with photos coming up today.

Last edited by akj53 : 26th September 2010 at 11:48.
Old 26th September 2010, 11:50   #58
BHPian

Please also see

Old 26th September 2010, 12:01   #59
BHPian

Interior Features

INTERIOR FEATURES:

A wide range of exterior colours, leather and wood trims & alloys are available to customize the cars as per your choice. Added to this, the wide range of models, engines & optional features ensure that no two cars will be identical. Good for having something as you like.

I will start from the center console first. In the picture below,

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1099.jpg

I am describing controls as you will see them sitting on the rear seat so the driver position is on your front right side.

1st half circle type is Electric parking brake (EPB). Lifting it up applies the brake. Pressing it down releases it but only if ignition is on and foot brake is applied. If you forget to release the EPB and select the Drive or Reverse and press the accelerator, EPB will be released automatically. Neat.

Jaguar Drive controls:

Automatic Speed Limiter. (ASL) This is the next right item. This can be used to set up a max. speed which will not be exceeded. May be useful to set before you give the car to your young son or to your wife. Oh how much I would love to use it on Siddharth.

Dynamic Mode: The button on the left side to ASL activates the vehicle systems to deliver high performance driving experience. Add Sport mode and Pedal shifters to this and system will not upshift even if the speed limiter is reached. (I will not explain this to my sons).

Winter Mode is selected by next left button. It is used in slippery conditions. It will start the car in 2nd gear, modify the gear change strategy and engine response to achieve max possible traction.

Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) is controlled by the button right to ASL. Default setting is on. It also activates the TracDSC which optimizes DSC settings for maximum traction in difficult conditions. Basically for hardcore driving.

Gear Selector: That shiny round knob replaces the gear lever. Unique and quite convenient

Start / Stop Button: No keys needed.

A/C Controls are on the upper right hand side and on the left side are audio controls. AC can also be controlled from touch screen. 2 temperatures for left and right side can be sat. Rear a/c vents. Operation is fully automatic. Just set it and forget it.

Below audio controls are 3 switches for Front and Rear wind screen heating.
Top row of switches below the touch screen control Locking, Unlocking, Hazard warning & Touch screen.

Touch screen controls Navigation, Climate control, Music System, Telephony, Vehicle control and also servs as parking aid screen. Plenty of info.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1017.jpg

Balance material coming up after 2 hours. Please bear with me.
Attached Thumbnails
Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1097.jpg  

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1096.jpg  

Last edited by akj53 : 26th September 2010 at 12:09.
Old 26th September 2010, 14:20   #60
BHPian

I've got no words at all.

I mean, till 5 minutes earlier, the to-buy-when-i-grow-up list comprised of the LP640, Reventon, M5 and a few others. The list now has a new member. And this new member is right at the TOP OF THE LIST.

Congrats on your acquisition. Wish you many a happy miles with this beast.

PS : 2 hours are over. You're late :P

Last edited by esteemer : 26th September 2010 at 14:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks