Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:25   #31
BHPian

Few Interior Pictures

Please click on any picture to open the higher resolution picture in a new window.

The Dials and MID in Phosphor blue light
Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0883.jpg

Dashboard top is covered in Softgrain Charcoal leather, below is knurled Aluminium panel and Piano black wood which is there on center console also.
Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0884.jpg

Mood lighting look extremely good in dark. This photo was taken in day light
Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0886.jpg

Notice the perforated seats for cool or hot air
Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0887.jpg

Front passenger side sport seat
Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0889.jpg
akj53 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

The interiors are just awesome! Please excuse me while I pick my jaw from the floor.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:02   #33
BHPian

akj53: awesome car! lovely interiors! love the senta rims and the black mesh grill! the piano black trim contrasts the lighter interior very well. the Xf 3.0S will be launched sometime in Oct-Nov and should be priced between Rs.45 -50 lakhs!

and does the car come with B&W music system? it standard on the petrol versions here.

Last edited by jagxf : 22nd September 2010 at 14:14.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
akj53: awesome car! lovely interiors! love the senta rims and the black mesh grill! the piano black trim contrasts the lighter interior very well. the Xf 3.0S will be launched sometime in Oct-Nov and should be priced between Rs.45 -50 lakhs!
jagxf, what's the interior color combination of your cat? Yours is portfolio? And is JLR opening a showroom in Chennai any time soon?

Last edited by Gilead : 22nd September 2010 at 14:07.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:10   #35
BHPian

@gilead: the interiors in our xf is charcoal and spice with dove headlining.
yes it is the portfolio.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Nice to see someone going against the German tide here and going for the Leaping Cat. Congratulations to you and your son. The XF is a beautiful car and the interiors are a huge breakaway from the German trio. I just love the gear selector in the Jaguar. The XF diesel is not available in India yet but there would be a launch before the end of the year and I'm sure it will come with a competitive price tag. Cant wait to try it out.

I have driven your car's more powerful cousin the XFR. The power that comes out from that Supercharged V8 is insane. 510 bhp of madness but at the same time it pretty comfortable too. The acceleration just kicks you back into the seat.

Enjoy your Jaguar and drive safe. I will be following your ownership report since I'm a big Jaguar fan. Drive safe
Thank you for the good wishes. As you rightly said interiors are more luxurious
than the Germans. XFR is a very difficult to achieve combination of hardcore handling, awesome power and limo refinement. That is two cars rolled in one. I am amazed by our car's acceleration so I can only imagine the power of XFR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
The interiors are just awesome! Please excuse me while I pick my jaw from the floor.
Ha Ha, Thats the best compliment I have ever had about my car. Many thanks.

Quote:

and does the car come with B&W music system? it standard on the petrol versions here.
Hats off to you for buying XF 5.0. I take it that yours is 385 PS version. Portfolio is top of range and here also all Portfolio models come standard with Bowers & Wilkins 440 W surround sound system. On our car it was an optional extra for £ 1140. Our car has Jaguar Premium 320 W sound system. Your interior of Charcoal / Spice with Dove headlining is also very nice. Which veneer do you have and how much did the car cost you? I am sure you must be finding it a very amazing and satisfying car. Do post your pictures and experience also.

Last edited by akj53 : 23rd September 2010 at 14:11.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:15   #37
BHPian

Jaguar UK sales bonanza & Jaguar XJ ‘Top Chauffeur Car’

It seems that Jaguar – actually Jaguar Land Rover – can’t put a foot wrong at the moment. Whatever they touch seems to shine, and we’ve lost track of how many ‘Jaguar Sales’ stories we’ve run in the last year. And here’s another one.

Jaguar sales in August were up 74% compared to August 2009. In addition, Jaguar’s sales for 2010 are up by 45% on the same period in 2009. The new Jaguar XJ - which only started moving out to customers in May – was the top selling car in its sector in August. As it was in May, June and July.

And it’s not just the XJ that is shifting out of the Jaguar showroom quickly. XK sales are up by 27% so far this year and the very good Jaguar XF has outsold both the BMW 5 Series and the Audi A6 all year. Even the special editions are moving quickly, with the UK’s allocation of the Jaguar XKR 75 selling out in three weeks.

All of which must be sweet music for Tata and JLR after the struggle to turn round both Jaguar and Land Rover after the recession made a serious hole in sales. And of course the beauty of success is that it will spawn new and even better cars.

And just to add a cherry on top of the sales cake, the new Jaguar XJ has been voted Car of the Year by the Professional Driver magazine, rating it as the top car for Britain’s chauffeurs and Private Hire drivers. Unsurprisingly it was the LWB 3.0 Litre V6 Diesel XJ that grabbed the gong – that extra legroom in the back making the XJ a very nice place to be.

Source: Jaguar UK sales bonanza & Jaguar XJ 'Top Chauffeur Car' | Cars UK | UK Car News

Last edited by akj53 : 23rd September 2010 at 14:16.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:23   #38
BHPian

@akj53: yes the xf gives out 385ps. i have written a review of the car and here is the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...an-stable.html
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:26   #39
BHPian

History and Current Model range

HISTORY:

I have posted brief details of Jaguar in my other thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...jaguar-xf.html

Those who are interested in detailed history should see the link

Jaguar History

I will give brief details of the model range first and then start my ownership review. I will include pictures in between wherever relevant.

CURRENT MODEL RANGE:

The current Jaguar range comprises of XF, XJ & XK. Company has dropped the S and X range of models.

XF: This is the 4 door model in Executive Saloon Category which you see on this thread. This is available with 3 liter V6 petrol with 238PS, 3 Liter V6 diesel engine in 240 & 275 PS tunes, 5 liter V8 petrol with 385 PS and XFR with Supercharged 5 liter V8 petrol with 510 PS. All models are available in trim levels as mentioned in above table. All models come with 6 speed automatic gear box only. No 4 cylinder or manual models are available.

XF model range.xls

After Tata acquired Jaguar, it was introduced in early 2008, with smaller 2.7 liter diesel and petrol engines and 4.2 Liters V8 petrol engines with slightly lower power.

It is said that Ford bought and sold the Jaguar at the wrong time. The development of XF was almost complete and XJ was in design stage when Tata bought it. So Tata’s got a Jaguar which was almost ready to leap. Tatas then reportedly told the Jaguar management to stop competing with Germans and rise above them. That brought in a sea change in the working of the company and results are here for all to see.

Until that time, the UK's executive saloon market was dominated by the Germans. Audi, BMW and Mercedes had the best reputations (deserved or otherwise), which ensured people traded in one German car for another. The Lexus GS hybrid muscled in to some extent, but the rest had largely fallen by the wayside. The Italians did not even try to compete, big French and American saloons, well no comments.

That all changed when the new XF, came along. Modern, innovative, exciting, cool – there are umpteen adjectives to describe the way it blended the things Britishers always admired about Jags with a completely fresh approach. As for the sumptuous interior with its subtle blue mood lighting and theatrical start-up procedure: it was truly stunning. With its path breaking design, superb interiors, sublime handling and supreme refinement it became an instant hit. It bagged umpteen awards including 2008 Car of the Year.

Jaguar then upgraded the XF range with bigger 3 liter V6 diesel and petrol and 5 liter V8 engines with more power. It has shaken the erstwhile segment leader 5 series to become the segment leader in 6 cylinder Executive saloon market.

Last edited by akj53 : 23rd September 2010 at 14:29.
Old 23rd September 2010, 14:35   #40
BHPian

Quote:
@akj53: yes the xf gives out 385ps. i have written a review of the car and here is the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...an-stable.html
Thanks for quick reply. Your link is 8 pages. I will read it later.
Old 24th September 2010, 10:50   #41
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful interiors ! Drool. Unlike the highly functional ones of the Germans. The covers on the A/C vents. Do they all open up automatically once the A/C is started ?
Old 24th September 2010, 19:33   #42
BHPian

Yes A/C vents open when starting. I shall post the video with details of interior.
Old 24th September 2010, 20:11   #43
BHPian

Exterior

DESIGN – EXTERIOR

Jaguar design director Ian Callum and his team designed the XF and the XJ. Ian earlier worked for Aston Martin so naturally has a very good design flair. The car was released in late 07 or early 08 so the design is now more than 2.5 years old in production, but still looks contemporary. Even to a lay man who may not know anything about cars or Jaguar in particular, It comes across as a car which is powerful but sleek and graceful. It is a carry forward on the idea of 4 door coupe started by Mercedes CLS. Its power bulge on the bonnet, strong grill and side air vents represent power while head lights and the side profile project the image of a svelte coupe. It represents power when viewed from front and elegance when viewed from side. I would say a very nice design.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0929.jpg

Although it is as large as its German competitors, somehow the design masks its dimensions of 4961 x 1460 x 2077 mm, ( L X H X W). It is also a very heavy car at 1820 kg unladen, but it does not look so big or heavy.

The front looks aggressive with its signature headlights which look quite nice. The grille is available as heavily chromed or in black mesh (standard on Sports model). The chrome grille also looks very nice on all dark coloured models. The chrome strip inside the front air intakes below the headlights are also good. The side air vent behind the front vent is again a unique design. The vertical long plate can also be ordered in chrome finish.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0928.jpg

Doors are thick and close with a ‘thud’ sound. Centre pillar, rear quarter glass support strip and door handles are all black. Wheel sizes are model dependent, the 20’’ alloys are standard on Sports. Door handles have a button for locking. It also has key less entry and key less start. Just keep the key in your pocket. Nice. Car has two way locking, first locks the door and the boot and the second enables the alarm also. All open windows and sunroof (if installed) can also be closed from the key while locking.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1105.jpg

Notice the very discreet looking spoiler, again standard on Sports.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1104.jpg

Coming to rear, boot is nicely sized and quite deep, though the opening is slightly smaller. The rear seats can be folded in 60:40 split to make a quite big loading area.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1100.jpg

Battery is in the boot with space saver tyre and tool kit. Warning triangle has to bought separately. (bad) European navigation DVD pack is inside the boot.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1102.jpg

It has high waist with two exhausts, rear lamps are LED with an additional high mounted LED brake light.

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_0918.jpg

ORVM’s are heated, power adjusting & folding and auto dimming. They also dip while reversing. LED indicators and puddle lamps are integrated. .

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1026.jpg

Engine bay is loaded

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1093.jpg

Headlamps are Halogen with manual leveling. Bi Xenons with cornering lamps and automatic leveling are available as option but are standard on Portfolio

Jaguar XF. Initial Ownership report-img_1040.jpg
akj53 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2010, 20:15   #44
BHPian

Tomorrow I shall post about the interiors and then on to the driving experience. Sorry for the slow progress but it is quite time consuming. Hats off to people like GTO and sidindica and all other big posters who must be devoting big time and effort to the forum.
Old 24th September 2010, 20:54   #45
BHPian

@akj53

Congrats on a superb car ! More than the car, i am envious of the pristine environment worthy of a Jaguar. A Jag where it truly deserves to be, it's home town The parking, the roads ...sigh !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks