Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 15:13   #91
BHPian

@akj53: from what i have heard the diesel should give about 11-12 kmpl in city and 14-15 on the motorways. our xf has done 8900 kms and yes the FE does improve.

@ash_vtec: yup, i got 10 kmpl on my trips to blore . on track the car gives about 2-2.7 kmpl.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:22   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
But that actually sounds very reasonable- 9 is what my old Accent used to give me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_vtec View Post
The petrol XF is really that frugal ??? Diesel i can imagine., but the petrol giving such figures is amazing. My accord V6 gives me 4-5 in town and 8 on the highway. Nothing more !

Yes i know when you buy a Jaaaaagggg you give a rat's left nut about fuel cost. Purely academic discussion here
The modern engines and overall tech has improved the FE quite a lot. My Altis automatic gives me 10 kmpl overall in India, but still I am also amazed by FE figures reported by jagxf and that too from a 5 liter V8 petrol. Congrats to him

We will be happy to experience the fuel cost equivalent to rat's left nut

BMW F10 reports even better FE due to 8 speed gear box and regenerative braking. Their alternator does not run all the time unless needed and car does not carry weight of a spare tyre. (Run flats have some benefit afterall )
Old 29th September 2010, 15:31   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
@akj53: 9kmpl? are you sure? our 5.0 v8 gives about 7 in city driving conditions and around 10 kmpl on the motorways.
10 kmpl!? Are you still the same jagxf who redlines in every gear or mellowed down or something? That's a 700 km range. You can go to Bangalore and back on a full tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Though the acceleration was fantastic but please dont do such runs in city as you never know somebody may come on road all of a sudden.
Sir, you yourself said your son did 217 kmph and you did 195 kmph in the BMW. Both speeds were illegal and unsafe as things may pop up on the motorway all of a sudden there as well. Besides, there are way too many speed cameras in the UK. But I bet you can't resist pushing it once in a while when there's so much power under the hood. Drive safe.

I would expect the diesel to give at least 40% mileage than the V8 after the run in period is over. How much does a service cost there? Maybe you can put up prices of spares too when you have the time.

Last edited by Gilead : 29th September 2010 at 15:33.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:44   #94
BHPian

@gilead: it gives 10 kmpl when costantly at sedate speeds say 70-90kmph. Haven't changed a bit, redlined every gear last night as well

@akj53: here we have no speed cameras or any strict rule on speed limits. but the danger in doing excessive speeds is the same everywhere.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:49   #95
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats akj53. Jag is always awesome with its classy curves. Happy Motoring and post more detailed reports.
Old 29th September 2010, 17:33   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
10 kmpl!? Are you still the same jagxf who redlines in every gear or mellowed down or something?

Oh man, thats some reputation indeed

Sir, you yourself said your son did 217 kmph and you did 195 kmph in the BMW. Both speeds were illegal and unsafe as things may pop up on the motorway all of a sudden there as well. Besides, there are way too many speed cameras in the UK. But I bet you can't resist pushing it once in a while when there's so much power under the hood. Drive safe.

Ha ha you caught us there. I did 195 as i just wanted to sample BMW's famous handling and Siddharth obviously did the same. But at least I drive very safe and keep on telling him to drive slow.

I would expect the diesel to give at least 40% mileage than the V8 after the run in period is over. How much does a service cost there? Maybe you can put up prices of spares too when you have the time.
I will also expect more FE than V8. Service has been quoted @ 350 each or 750 GBP for 3 service package. Parts cost not known. We are planning to change the car every 3rd year and till that time you need to change tyres only (hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxf View Post
@gilead: it gives 10 kmpl when costantly at sedate speeds say 70-90kmph. Haven't changed a bit, redlined every gear last night as well

Spoken like Siddharth. How old are you??

@akj53: here we have no speed cameras or any strict rule on speed limits. but the danger in doing excessive speeds is the same everywhere.
No, here only 1% chance of somebody coming on the road suddenly and speed cameras help in keeping the speed down. We can speed only on few short stretches. So driving is much safe here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Congrats akj53. Jag is always awesome with its classy curves. Happy Motoring and post more detailed reports.
Thank you. I have to go out today and will post the balance report and pics tomorrow. Please bear with me till then.

Last edited by akj53 : 29th September 2010 at 17:35.
Old 29th September 2010, 20:58   #97
BHPian

congrats akj for such a fine machinery on wheels. its a beauty indeed. love those rims too! I have read and heard alot about the great ride quality that comes with jaguars. but how does it compare to a E class mercedes benz? as just the other day I had seen a couple being chauffeured in their Jaguar XFR which obviously had very sporty wheels (19-20" i think) and very low profile tyres. it made me wonder about the ride quality then.
Old 29th September 2010, 20:59   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
congrats akj for such a fine machinery on wheels. its a beauty indeed. love those rims too! I have read and heard alot about the great ride quality that comes with jaguars. but how does it compare to a E class mercedes benz? as just the other day I had seen a couple being chauffeured in their Jaguar XFR which obviously had very sporty wheels (19-20" i think) and very low profile tyres. it made me wonder about the ride quality then.
Those are 20" too. I presume your talking about a White XFR. It hurts me to see a chauffeur driving a 500bhp car.
Old 29th September 2010, 21:03   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Those are 20" too. I presume your talking about a White XFR. It hurts me to see a chauffeur driving a 500bhp car.
no. it was a dark blue XFR. it was riding along my car from sea-face to peddar road.
Old 29th September 2010, 22:10   #100
BHPian

Hi akj,

Though late in the day, heartiest congratulations on procuring one of the finest cars money can buy in that segment. The pictures and videos you shared are all extremely beautiful. In fact I have not seen more drool worthy interiors in any similar segment cars.

Drive safely (135 mph and all sound very dangerous even for UK roads) and wish you miles of happy driving.
Old 30th September 2010, 11:29   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Thank you. I have not driven an E class so cant really comment on that. XFR has Adaptive Dynamics suspension as standard. This provides optimum balance between low speed ride comfort and high speed handling precision by analyzing body movement, steering and road wheels inputs upto 500 times a second and consistently adjusting the suspension through electronically controlled dampers. So any road, any speed, comfort should not be a problem, even on 20'' low profile tyres. Even with standard suspension and 20'' rims, even we have not faced any discomfort.

Quote:
It hurts me to see a chauffeur driving a 500bhp car.
Well said. It will hurt every car lover. Knowing our moneybags, you may even see Panamera and Rapide being chauffeur driven in future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet8796 View Post
Though late in the day, heartiest congratulations on procuring one of the finest cars money can buy in that segment. The pictures and videos you shared are all extremely beautiful. In fact I have not seen more drool worthy interiors in any similar segment cars.

Drive safely (135 mph and all sound very dangerous even for UK roads)
Thank you very much. 135 mph is indeed very dangerous but was a one off test hopefully. I have warned Siddharth not to do so in future.

Last edited by akj53 : 30th September 2010 at 11:30.
Old 1st October 2010, 04:34   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you. I have not driven an E class so cant really comment on that. XFR has Adaptive Dynamics suspension as standard. This provides optimum balance between low speed ride comfort and high speed handling precision by analyzing body movement, steering and road wheels inputs upto 500 times a second and consistently adjusting the suspension through electronically controlled dampers. So any road, any speed, comfort should not be a problem, even on 20'' low profile tyres. Even with standard suspension and 20'' rims, even we have not faced any discomfort.

Well said. It will hurt every car lover. Knowing our moneybags, you may even see Panamera and Rapide being chauffeur driven in future.

A little off topic though... But a lot is usually said on many threads about very high performance cars being chauffeur driven. I too have seen many a times such examples and was amazed. Like I have seen a mercedes S65 AMG.. Agreed that its a S-class after all but why on earth give a 2.5 crore plus car and more importantly having more than 600 bhp and 1000 nm of torque to a driver??? also I have seen many chauffeured Porsche Cayenne Turbos, BMW M5 and recently the Jag xfr.

But then.. I think when you have the money and want something sporty yet comfortable to arrive in, which you can also drive yourself on those latenight drives and have a blast.. Then why not? atleast Its better than having two similar vehicles. Like one standard version to be chauffeured around in which would have a regular engine and then one with a supercharged unit for your fun!

So I think that its not criminal to be chauffeured around in high performance supercharged saloons and SUV's But if its a anything with two seats.. Then its a serious offence!

by the way I saw an amazing old topgear video comparing the current models of the BMW M5 and the Jag XFR by Jeremy Clarkson. I am sure most of you guys must have seen... but just in case! now it doesn't surprise me seeing someone being chauffeured in a Jaguar XFR!

Last edited by magikrider : 1st October 2010 at 04:36.
Old 1st October 2010, 09:33   #103
BHPian

@ magikrider

You have a point there, I agree. However from my experience of few people I know, it is mostly back seat riding for owners.

Any how the video you posted was awesome. M5 is a hardcore speed machine which XFR is not. Still XFR manages to equal M5 at lesser price and is far more comfortable and serves dual purpose of being a regular comfortable car and also a high performance machine.

I could not post yesterday but will try to post today the balance experience and photos.
Old 1st October 2010, 10:59   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Haha already seen a Panamera driven by a chauffeur. And yesterday I saw a chauffeur driven 911 Turbo

Anyway back to the topic now.
Old 1st October 2010, 11:39   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Haha already seen a Panamera driven by a chauffeur. And yesterday I saw a chauffeur driven 911 Turbo

Anyway back to the topic now.
I can still accept and understand the porsche panamera being chauffeur driven as discussed earlier and afterall its aim was to rival the bmw 760li and merc S500 as a superfast limo..

BUT..

A PORSCHE 911 TURBO CAHUFFERUR DRIVEN IS SIMPLY NOT ACCEPTED! Or maybe the driver is just plain lucky! Lol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks