Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2010, 23:17   #1
Senior - BHPian

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!

Today is a historic day as yet another FIAT is added to my garage! I already own three Old Fiat cars and finally I bought a pre-cared 2008 December Fiat Palio Stile SDX (MJD) driven for 28,000km!!

This Palio was previously owned by a well known person in the IT field. He too is a FIAT lover like me ;-) As he has a couple of other cars left at home and his daughter who was using it had left to US, this Fiat was up for grabs.

The previous owner of the Fiat wanted to sell it to a Fiat enthusiast as he had maintained it very well and it was his wish to see the car in that condition forever. No part of the car is re painted and the upholstery looks just like new!! When I told about myself that I am the co-founder of Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore, he realized how crazy I am of Fiats and we struck the deal within five minutes.I paid 3.6L

After taking the delivery of the car, I took it to it to NICE road to see how she performs. I was really amazed to see her zipping at 140kmph effortlessly! I am really happy with the performance. I am getting married next month. After that I plan to do few thousand kms trip with my soon-to-be wife!!

I have also booked a new Stile. I am hoping to get that car sometime next month.

Here are some pics of my new FIAT!
It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00099.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00105.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00108.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00130.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00109.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00133.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00124.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00116.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00117.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00118.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00111.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00113.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00107.jpg

It's Mine!! "Pre-Cared Fiat Palio Stile SDX" - Just another FIAT in my life!-dsc00122.jpg
funkykar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2010, 00:22   #2
BHPian

Congrats Karthik on your new possession, I liked the way you have put in "Pre-cared" rather than "Pre-Owned" this does complete justification to you and the previous owner on how well you care for the FIAT. Way to go and nice pics, I personally like this colour.
Old 27th September 2010, 01:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

First of all . let me congratulate you for getting married soon and then for the "Pre-cared" ride.
The car looks very well maintained, and i can understand the reason why the owner was looking for enthusiasts to sell the car to .
The interiors looks clean.
Great ride to get your hands on.
Cheers
Take care
Old 27th September 2010, 08:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

That is a very well maintained car.Very unbelievable ! Congrats!

How much did you pay for it?

P.S: Please get her a nice alloy.
Old 27th September 2010, 09:06   #5
BHPian

Hey Karthik, Congratulation Man..!! the MJD looks stunning. And very well maintained too.

IIRC, you had booked a New MJD, i saw your thread. What happened to that, is the booking cancelled ?
Old 27th September 2010, 09:12   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the Palio MJD. That looks like a very well maintained read cared you got there. Nice pictures too.

By the way how much did you pay for it?

OT: Are you planning to start of a FIAT museum or what?
Old 27th September 2010, 09:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone

I have paid 3.6L with insurance due very shortly. That literally makes it close to 3.7L

Yes, I have booked the Palio 2010 SDX in Dhamaka offer. I really dont know if that would come home. If it does, it will be a really a good head ache to have. While I am waiting for it, I found this beautiful Palio and couldnt resist. My goal was whatever it takes, I want a SDX by mid October. Now, it happened.

If only I had enough parking space, I would have started a mini Fiat museum

Just did around 120kms yesterday. She is lovely. Speeds very effortlessly. Once the fuel gets empty, I would want to check mileage by full tank to full tank method. Showed it to family and friends, everyone just said "WOW", how could this car be so neat? Some got confused thinking its a new one. I wouldnt be driving her too much in the next couple of weeks, then she will spend most of her time on the highways.

I would be installing alloys and suitable new tires and upgrading the music system only if I get a 100% confirmation that the new 2010 Palio SDX will not happen. Until then, nothing. The service also was done just 500 kms ago, need not worry about anything at all for quite some time.

Last edited by funkykar : 27th September 2010 at 09:31.
Old 27th September 2010, 09:45   #8
BHPian

Congrats on your excellent buy. Looks like your dream of owning a MJD has been fulfilled. Here's wishing you miles of happy driving.

I am looking for a used MJD too and was wondering if you can help me with some tips on how did you find this one?

Regards

Sateesh
Old 27th September 2010, 10:24   #9
BHPian

Congrats Karthik. I know how passionate FIAT owners get after owning one. I was one among the millions who used to think FIAT vehicles are junk until I drove one of my neighbour's Palio during a highway run an year ago. The very next day I went and booked a FIAT GRANDE PUNTO epak MJD and since then it has been no turning back. Enjoying every moment of driving it.

I find the Palio an equally good vehicle as the Punto. Crunch many more happy miles with your new acquisition.
Old 27th September 2010, 10:45   #10
BHPian

Congrats Karthik

Its really nice to see the Palio in N.I.C.E. Road. She looks simply gorgeous.

As soon as you bought her home, there was a rumor that you won't be giving her to your friends for a test drive. I know, its just a rumor, so I am not worried about it.

FYI, We all are lot more possessive when it comes to FIAT.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Funkyar for your new acquisition.Brother, you've got a very well maintained Fiat Palio Stile!

By the way, it seems to me that the letters namely S & E of the Stile badge in the hatch door is missing. Moreover, the letter S of the badge SDX is also missing! Please get it fixed ASAP.

Do keep us updated. Happy and safe motoring.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 27th September 2010 at 11:15.
Old 27th September 2010, 11:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Karthik wish many miles with that clean car. get her better tyres and alloys.

All the best. Take Care and drive safe
Old 27th September 2010, 11:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
I am looking for a used MJD too and was wondering if you can help me with some tips on how did you find this one?
Dont ask. It was a difficult thing. My perseverance over last couple of months paid off. I tried several used car dealers, classifieds, informed lot of friends and so. Most SDXs I found was not very well maintained or had a very very high odo reading. Finally found this one. After visiting the owner got to know how well he had maintenanced. Also got to know he has done several trainings to many of my office mates including my manager and higher ups. If the 2010 Palio SDX happens to me, may be you could consider buying this very own Palio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
I was one among the millions who used to think FIAT vehicles are junk until I drove one of my neighbour's Palio during a highway run an year ago. The very next day I went and booked a FIAT GRANDE PUNTO epak MJD and since then it has been no turning back. Enjoying every moment of driving it. .
Haveing been a hard core Fiat fan, believe it or not, I booked the Palio 2010 SDX and had never sat in a Palio nor driven. When so many Palio owners tell how good it was, I felt there wasnt any necessity to try before buying. I am not at all disappointed by doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
As soon as you bought her home, there was a rumor that you won't be giving her to your friends for a test drive. I know, its just a rumor, so I am not worried about it.
Yes sir. I want to be very very possessive about it, especially since its a so very well maintanined Palio. I would want to continue to maintain her in the same way. So only a few joy rides I will take you guys, no test drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
By the way, it seems to me that the letters namely S & E of the Stile badge in the hatch door is missing. Moreover, the letter S of the badge SDX is also missing!
I dont remember seeing any Palio with all the letters on the street. Wonder if they come with bad glue that falls of during water service or may be some kids at parking lots pull them off? Its still a mystery to me. Yes, it will be fixed soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Congrats Karthik wish many miles with that clean car. get her better tyres and alloys.
Will not be touching anything on the car until I get some sort of a confirmation from Fiat about the 2010 Palio SDX that I have booked. Moreover, I am too busy with my marriage preparations. If I do the alloys and tires, it would be end of November or start of December.
Old 27th September 2010, 12:55   #14
BHPian

Hi Karthik,

Congratulations and the car looks beautiful. Please do tell if you get a 2010 sdx. I shall buy this at the same price what you have paid

Last edited by ravikn : 27th September 2010 at 12:57.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:01   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Hi Karthik,

Congratulations and the car looks beautiful. Please do tell if you get a 2010 sdx. I shall buy this at the same price what you have paid
Very surely. If the 2010 happens, I too would prefer to sell it to a hard core Fiat enthusiast at the very same price I bought. What I found in the last couple of months is, dont bother much about the price, you should be very lucky to find a good one. If you do, grab it even if the price is a bit steeper. Since he was a well known person and knows me indirectly, this was the price. In my honest opinion, this car is atleast worth 4 lakhs or even more.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks