Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2010, 10:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation Tushar,

The pics are really drool worthy. The bug catches your eye whenever you see one on the road and I happened to check out one at the VW showroom in Thane. It was an yellow one and boy does she look cute. Even my wife appreciated the cuteness factor but one look at the cost and her smile turned to a frown.

All the best, take good care of the hottie. Drive safley and enjoy mile crunching.
Old 6th October 2010, 10:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for sharing it here , we expect a TD review of your bimmer z 4 too and if possible the Mercs and the camry too
Old 6th October 2010, 18:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Also, there are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 14th October 2010 at 11:09.
Ramsagar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th October 2010, 22:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Tushar! The beetle looks great and great snaps too! Did you consider the Fiat 500!

What other cars do you have in your garage? Could we have a review (with lots of pics) of the Z4 and CR-V(very few reviews on t-bhp)?

Last edited by anekho : 6th October 2010 at 22:20.
Old 6th October 2010, 22:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!

Wow, congrats on your new acquisition! I think this car will turn more heads than any other car which costs ~25L. Please do post a detailed review and much more pictures soon
Old 6th October 2010, 22:54   #36
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the bug. Please make this a detailed ownership report with lots and lots of pics. Looking at your 'bad pics' I can't even how good your 'good pics' will be.
And, as requested by other members, please start a thread for your Z4 too.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:46   #37
BHPian

sorry for this late reply, out for a holiday until 13th. Its been a while, i.m being asked to give reviews of other cars, Z4 is expected to reach bhilai by mid oct, i'll be out with Z4's complete review by diwali. As per beetle, expect better pics by next week. I.m finalising on tan leather from stanley. I did consider 500 initially but it lacks an auto gearbox , petrol option n diesel engine spec wasn't too inviting either.moreover tata-fiat's service centres here in d region are dodgy. Got the beetle overlooking a lot of things. One buys the beetle truly for its emotional value, for me it was a childhood fantasy come true . Without a doubt its become my top underpowered car to drive. For a 10 year old design, there're few good points - antipinch windows to emergency boot release, from flower vase to its texture of its gearknob.
Old 8th October 2010, 11:54   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_lalsan View Post
sorry for this late reply, out for a holiday until 13th. Its been a while, i.m being asked to give reviews of other cars, Z4 is expected to reach bhilai by mid oct, i'll be out with Z4's complete review by diwali. As per beetle, expect better pics by next week. I.m finalising on tan leather from stanley. I did consider 500 initially but it lacks an auto gearbox , petrol option n diesel engine spec wasn't too inviting either.moreover tata-fiat's service centres here in d region are dodgy. Got the beetle overlooking a lot of things. One buys the beetle truly for its emotional value, for me it was a childhood fantasy come true . Without a doubt its become my top underpowered car to drive. For a 10 year old design, there're few good points - antipinch windows to emergency boot release, from flower vase to its texture of its gearknob.
OOps you takiking the z4 back to bhilai , are you taking it in a truck or driving it ?
Old 8th October 2010, 16:01   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
OOps you takiking the z4 back to bhilai , are you taking it in a truck or driving it ?
never thought of driving it down, i.m arranging a covered or a container truck rather. I had a word with a fellow z4 owner, suvm and he suggested the same. Some logistic guys are fully equipped for such, with ramp et all.
Old 13th October 2010, 09:05   #40
BHPian

Bug's night shot.

was a week long break and finally got back my cam.couldn't wait to try low light pics of the bug.
Attached Thumbnails
Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0114.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0118.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0124.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0125.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0127.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0131.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0136.jpg  

Old 13th October 2010, 13:41   #41
BHPian

The morning-after bug

few pics from my morning drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0147.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0141.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0142.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0145.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0160.jpg  

Old 13th October 2010, 14:37   #42
BHPian

Found few nasty hitches with the bug, few are hard to live with.
1. Low GC
2. Lack of DSG, Triptronic gears has seamless upshifts but downshifts are lazy and too jerky and sluggish
3. Unusual rough finish on exterior panel ( panels below the door) tends to get dirty easily and its quite hard to clean. This is gonna push me hard to settle for ghastly looking genuine mudflaps.
4. Driving at night is quite scary with its dim projector headlamps, upper is equally horrid, please suggest me a good pair of lighting options.
5. Though back seat space is adequate, getting in n out is worth a watch.
talking about back seat- mid-day sun usually ends up directly onto passenger's head, almost like a semi-panoramic roof for the back seat aite. May i call that the greatest VW design flaw.
6. ORVM has to be folded manually (another acute pain)
7. No Aux port or any iPod connectivity ( thats quite a 'pain' for long drives), may i add one more to it: lack of steering wheel controls for music system or anything for that matter.its plain-jane and size zero sort of steering wheel feels very sympathatic, unlike its siblings.
8. Large windows are really cool, but one without tints can really fry your hands and face. Moreover sunshades aren't good enough either.

Its a beauty to own , if you can overlook derisive side of the bug.
Attached Thumbnails
Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0143.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0144.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0151.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0153.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0154.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0155.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0156.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0158.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0161.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0162.jpg  

Old 14th October 2010, 19:15   #43
BHPian

'S' vs 'D' Mode

The sheer depth of the never-ending dashboard makes this car feel more spacious.
Ride quality is at par with most D segment cars specially at low speeds.
There's barely any difference in 'D' and 'S' mode, be it the ride quality or steering response. Though gearshifts are a notch quicker, i've to admit. 'S' mode wouldn't let you change to triptronic for some reason, which is annoying when you wanna keep its revs high.
Updating few of the repetitive pics from the morning drives
Attached Thumbnails
Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0169.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0003.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0004.jpg  

Initial Review: VW New Beetle 2009-dsc_0006.jpg  

Old 14th October 2010, 20:23   #44
Senior - BHPian

Very beautifully clicked pics!!

Which camera do you use btw? And yes, thanks a lot for sharing those pictures. I would be very happy if you share the interior pics.

What's D-Mode & S-Mode? Does S-Mode stands for Sports Mode?

Happy motoring. Always wear a seatbelt.

Amith
Old 15th October 2010, 09:42   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Very beautifully clicked pics!!

Which camera do you use btw? And yes, thanks a lot for sharing those pictures. I would be very happy if you share the interior pics.

What's D-Mode & S-Mode? Does S-Mode stands for Sports Mode?

Happy motoring. Always wear a seatbelt.

Amith
Hey buddy, thanks for appreciating, I use Nikon's D200.Amith,I'll be out with interior pics n other details soon .
You are right, 'S' is the sports mode, the bug doesnt need one, with such an engine spec. Had it been 150ps version, then it'd have been more apt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks