Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2010, 17:49   #46
Senior - BHPian

That is one really hot looking i10. The best and smartest buy today for metros. AT and sunroof too.

The dash and stereo and Bluetooth all look very nice. The interiors are top notch in terms of quality.

What was the OTR ? Any discounts ?

Sweet looking Alloys and footwear.

The only downer in the entire package is the rear doors not having any map pockets or bottle holders in the door. Even though the moulded plastic could have been mended to make space. See initial pics on first page.

Congratulations on a very smart buy.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:29   #47
BHPian

thanks vkochar !
The OTR after a semi price protected scheme was 6.4L .

i agree with you...they should have done these little things which would have added value but not cost !
Old 19th October 2010, 11:55   #48
BHPian

A bit late in the day. Welcome to the i10 AT club. I have mine since April 2009 & have loved every moment of it, except the F.E. Its wonderful to drive in the city traffic. I really like the changes made to the i10 specially the interiors. The dashboard reflection was a minor irritant onto the front windshield & they have done well to rectify it. Enjoy your ride & drive safe!
Old 19th October 2010, 13:18   #49
BHPian

Thanks Anil,

Its indeed a very very enjoyable car. I am at 12.5 kmpl for the second tank...what kind of FE do you get ?
Old 19th October 2010, 15:17   #50
BHPian

Diselite, Congrats on your i10, I personally feel with the new look has more aggressive road presence, it’s a visual delight to see the i10 in white! With the alloys, it’s a stunner!
Old 19th October 2010, 15:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Nice buy! Congratulations Dieselite!!!

If my Math is right, there are totally 21 new features on the Next Gen i10 compared to the older i10. Thats a huge number.

Please let us know how is the overall feeling of the Next Gen.

I would like you to comment on the features that interest me especially, since these are probably first in this segment:

1) Reverse Parking Sensors
2) Blue-tooth
3) Turn indicators on the ORVMs
4) Gear shift indicator
5) Electrically Heated ORVMs

Wishing you many many happy miles!

Drive Safe!
Old 19th October 2010, 15:55   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
A bit late in the day. Welcome to the i10 AT club. I have mine since April 2009 & have loved every moment of it, except the F.E. Its wonderful to drive in the city traffic. I really like the changes made to the i10 specially the interiors. The dashboard reflection was a minor irritant onto the front windshield & they have done well to rectify it. Enjoy your ride & drive safe!
Hi Anil

Just wanted to know your experience about an AT car. Have you ever faced a situation where your car had some problem and you had to stop at a location where people might not know what is an AT? How much do you think a local garage person would know about an AT?

My concern is that if my AT car comes to a hault at some god-forbidden place and the garage mechanic doesn't know anything about an AT car.

Just thinking of going for an AT car as my next car (Could be Vento...mostly), so wanted to know the experience.
Old 21st October 2010, 09:16   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
Thanks Anil,

Its indeed a very very enjoyable car. I am at 12.5 kmpl for the second tank...what kind of FE do you get ?
Well, my usage is not much and my runs (actually mom's) are very short 1-2kms/trip. Hence we just get 6.5-7kmpl. In between when i started getting the car to office (15km to + 15km fro), i even got 9kmpl sometimes inspite of heavy traffic. So it all depends actually. Also, i never drive without the a/c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Hi Anil

Just wanted to know your experience about an AT car. Have you ever faced a situation where your car had some problem and you had to stop at a location where people might not know what is an AT? How much do you think a local garage person would know about an AT?

My concern is that if my AT car comes to a hault at some god-forbidden place and the garage mechanic doesn't know anything about an AT car.

Just thinking of going for an AT car as my next car (Could be Vento...mostly), so wanted to know the experience.
I have been really happy with the automatic, specially since the i10 is the only affordable 80bhp automatic today. I got mine for 4.57L after all discounts plus some freebies, tell me what other simplar specced automatic car in India can you get at this price? I do not know how good/bad the VW On-Road Service Facility would be in case of a breakdown, but presuming that the Vento has a less complicated Tiptronic & not a DSG, i feel it wont break down that soon. And anyways, who lets local mechanics touch their car nowadays? In case we do have a problem, we usually call the company helpline or try to find an Authorised Service Centre in the vicinity.
Old 21st October 2010, 14:55   #54
BHPian

After a lot of vacillation between i10 and A-star auto, I have FINALLY plunged for the i10 Auto Sportz 1.2 in white.

Hyundai should really credit Dieselite for ensuring this sale...his car looks beautiful

Factors considered :

1. Interiors - Miles ahead of A-Star in looks and quality - the determining factor for the W
2. Resale is always an important consideration (esp after 2 palios in the house ) - i10's throng the market while A-Star AT is made to order and not at all popular
3. The EMI differential is about 3k after all the discounts, but this wasnt much of a concern as I was basically getting a bigger car which negates the " small car, need to upgrade soon" line of thought
4. i10 has higher seating, an important concern while ferrying all those elderly relatives with dodgy knees
5. Mileage (where A-Star scores better) was not much of a concern as it will travel 10-15 km daily.

However I definitely feel the Magna AT should have been retained, this would have obliterated any thoughts of A-Star.

Should get the car by 28th - keeping my fingers crossed !

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2010 at 10:26. Reason: STRICTLY no more than 2 smileys per post please
Old 21st October 2010, 15:29   #55
BHPian

THANKS JISHD !!

and I agree with all your points above. Plus the A Star is just not in the league of the i10 ! Enjoy your purchase every bit ! The OE footwear of the car is not bad by itself but i can safely say that after upgrading it the car's handling and ride both are in a whole new league ! You MUST upgrade the tyres at least if not the alloys. It should cost you between 1000 -1500 per tyre depending on the brand you select and receive as an OE rubber (bridgestone or apollo) !! 175/70 R13 is a MUST !

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2010 at 10:26. Reason: Removing quoted post with excessive smileys
Old 23rd October 2010, 18:20   #56
BHPian

Dieselite, to start with "Congratulations" on your new buy. The car looks stunning in the alloys.

I just came back after a test drive of the i10. I am looking at the i10 Sportz AT. The cost difference between the Sportz & the Asta is almost 1.2L and that is a tad steep for me. So if I do finalise on the i10 then it will be the Sportz for me.

Now the questions:
  1. Did you get the alloys and the tyre upgrade done through the delaer or on your own from some other shop?
  2. Does it affect the warranty if you upsize your tyres and change to alloys?
Old 25th October 2010, 11:17   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Dieselite, to start with "Congratulations" on your new buy. The car looks stunning in the alloys.

I just came back after a test drive of the i10. I am looking at the i10 Sportz AT. The cost difference between the Sportz & the Asta is almost 1.2L and that is a tad steep for me. So if I do finalise on the i10 then it will be the Sportz for me.

Now the questions:
  1. Did you get the alloys and the tyre upgrade done through the delaer or on your own from some other shop?
  2. Does it affect the warranty if you upsize your tyres and change to alloys?
Hey Tushar,

Thank you for the compliments ! Sportz is an excellent buy. mY critereon was dual airbags minimum with the autobox...hence the ASTA for me !

1. i got the alloys and tyres from a shop outside and not the dealer.
2 they claim that the suspension related warranties are now void for me but the other warranties stay as they are.
Old 25th October 2010, 12:49   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
they claim that the suspension related warranties are now void for me but the other warranties stay as they are.
Nonsense, tell them i10 in UK comes with lot more aggressive 175/60R14 tyres. Don't let them sing that warranty loss tune because you improved upon their ridiculous FE conscious OE tyre choice.
Old 27th October 2010, 17:11   #59
BHPian

Congrats Dieselite. Your car looks absolutely fabulous. With the exterior facelift coupled with great looking alloys and tires it is just stunning. I own old gen i10 sport AT but this new gen is way better than the older one.

Apart from the looks, i10 AT is a great car for city and occasional highway driving. Enjoy your car and drive safe.
Old 30th November 2010, 09:54   #60
BANNED

Congrats on the new car. Nice deal you got on the tyres and alloys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks