Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 12:45   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselite View Post
they claim that the suspension related warranties are now void for me but the other warranties stay as they are.
If the famed steering rattle starts in your car, your Hyundai workshop will blame you for upsizing your car's tyres and say your warranty has become void (eventhough the steering rattle issue still persists on those cars which are still running on OEM tyres). They have done this with some i10 & i20 owners who upsized their tyres.
It is foolish on Hyundai's part, but can't argue with them(they are simply trying to hide a design flaw in their steering/suspension system).

Last edited by skanchan95 : 30th November 2010 at 12:48. Reason: editing spelling mistake
Old 1st December 2010, 21:26   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Nonsense, tell them i10 in UK comes with lot more aggressive 175/60R14 tyres. Don't let them sing that warranty loss tune because you improved upon their ridiculous FE conscious OE tyre choice.
Is upsizing this tyres increasing FE? Thats news to me. Please explain.

@Dieselite - Congrats!, I bought a sportz AT little over a month ago. Do you know when should I use L2, 2 and OD? To me L2 didn't show any difference than pressing accelerator more while overtaking.

Last edited by agbenny : 1st December 2010 at 21:28.
Old 7th December 2010, 09:51   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Is upsizing this tyres increasing FE? Thats news to me. Please explain.

@Dieselite - Congrats!, I bought a sportz AT little over a month ago. Do you know when should I use L2, 2 and OD? To me L2 didn't show any difference than pressing accelerator more while overtaking.
Hey agbenny, upsizing reduces FE somewhat is what that post meant. Narrow tyres with lower rolling resistance give better FE.

Also about your AT- use D for all practical purposes with O/D ON so you can use all 4 gears.
With O/D off you will get only 3 gears active
In 2 you will get 2 gears active
In L you will get only 1st gear active
I'm not in my car right now but i am hoping that L is the lowest position of the selector in the car?

So basically when you dont want the car to upshift beyond a certain gear you need to use the other positions than drive.

The pick-up or power will not be any different in any position. Just the gear change will be limited. Select the mode as per the gradient of slope and how long the climb is at that gradient.

Enjoy your i10 AT !!

Cheers !
Old 8th February 2011, 09:44   #64
Team-BHP Support

Re: Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !

Just a quick question. You can play MP3 files by just inserting USB pen drive, or does it need powered devices like iPod?
Old 8th February 2011, 11:33   #65
BHPian

^^ its starts reading and playing as soon as you insert the USB pen drive it in the slot.
Old 8th February 2011, 11:44   #66
Team-BHP Support

Thanks, good to know that. What are the formats supported other than wav and MP3? Does it play MP4 too?
Old 8th February 2011, 15:05   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
It is foolish on Hyundai's part, but can't argue with them(they are simply trying to hide a design flaw in their steering/suspension system)
Have any other Bhp'ians noticed a weird sound ( of bushes brushing against each other probably) when turning the steering wheel at parking speeds in the morning ? This is NOT a rattle sound, more like a light "whoosh"

I complained to Hyundai during the 1st service, but they passed it off as normal !
Old 8th February 2011, 17:05   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Thanks, good to know that. What are the formats supported other than wav and MP3? Does it play MP4 too?
AFAIK, nope, the stock system does not play mp4 ! Haven't really tried anything else than mp3 :P

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 8th February 2011 at 17:09.
Old 8th February 2011, 18:57   #69
BHPian

hey guys !

Samurai - i think you have found the relevant information. USBs play effortlessly with mp3 and wav. No mp4 support. Also i have not been able to get my iPod to play !

JishD - no whooshing sound for me but a very faint and soft "clack" if i turn when stationary ! Also i can feel engine knocking very easily if i use fuel from a specific fuel depot !

Otherwise the car is running Butter smooth ! i get a FE of 12 kmpl in city with AC all the time !

cheers !!
Old 8th February 2011, 19:01   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Samurai - i think you have found the relevant information. USBs play effortlessly with mp3 and wav. No mp4 support. Also i have not been able to get my iPod to play !
But the label next to it does say iPod. BTW, the USB drive format has to be FAT, and not NTFS.
Old 14th February 2011, 17:15   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey guys !

JishD - no whooshing sound for me but a very faint and soft "clack" if i turn when stationary ! Also i can feel engine knocking very easily if i use fuel from a specific fuel depot !

Otherwise the car is running Butter smooth ! i get a FE of 12 kmpl in city with AC all the time !

cheers !!
Doubt: How do you navigate to USB from the panel when you are playing something else?
Old 14th February 2011, 17:30   #72
BHPian

^^ while listening to cd or radio all you have to do is press the aux button on the panel and it will start reading the songs from the usb/aux device.

I hope that is what your query was ?
Old 14th February 2011, 18:15   #73
BHPian

Congratulations Dieselite. Your i10 looks cool with those alloys. And the FE figures you have mentioned are great for an AT.

Quote:
hey guys !

cheers !!
@Dieselite, are you trying to connect an ipod touch to the system? My ipod nano connects to my SX4s system effortlessly, but it just doesn't accept ipod touch .
Old 15th February 2011, 10:14   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
^^ while listening to cd or radio all you have to do is press the aux button on the panel and it will start reading the songs from the usb/aux device.
Hi, is anyone facing an interference problem in AUX mode ? When on AUX, if I press the car horn, it echoes through the speakers in a RATHER screechy manner. Is there any way of stopping this ? How do I increase the isolation ?

On the brighter side, for all of us who couldn't manage the oh so expensive Asta, connect your phone to the AUX, put it close to the stereo (cupholders or the small cubbyhole), increase the volume and you're good to go with "Bluetooth on demand"
Old 15th February 2011, 10:58   #75
BHPian

Nope havent had the echoing thing with my kappa2.

Hmm interesting about the Bluetooth on demand, can you explain that in detail ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks