Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 13:19   #1
BHPian

Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !

Hey Guys,

I took delivery of my new next gen i10 ASTA AT on 8th October !! I had to wait an HOUR for the sales rep to reach the yard (now deliveries for outside octroi registration happen only at the stock yard !!) but from thereon things got only better ! They readied the car quickly, all promised things were ensured and after the pooja i was on my way !!

I had been using a Laura 140 bhp AT (facelifted L&K) for the first half of the day before i picked up the new car and so initially it took me time to adjust to the response !

The first many kilometers were a downhill ride and that made it somewhat easy to adjust...and then a highway ride which helped even more. By the time i reached the hustle bustle of the city i was nice and settled in !

The new Kappa2 is EXTREMELY refined !! Its buttery smooth ! I could feel that the engine was slow to get out of the blocks ... but by the time i clocked 100 km on the ODO it had started to come into its own ! The overall sense of quality that the car gives you...interiors, exteriors, engine and soft ride...is just superb ! Especially the interiors at night are very soothing !! The blue backlight , a good music system and chilling aircon really felt remarkable !

By the time i got back home yesterday night the car was responding nicely to the throttle and brakes were gripping better. I am really starting to enjoy it !

From being a "dieselite" i am getting totally sold on this smooth operator !!

I do have a couple of issues though :

1. When i steer to the left i get a clicking/clunk noise from the front wheel set-up. I could feel it was emanating from the front steering/suspension mechanicals ! slightly concerned about it but not too worried yet. Will investigate with the dealer on Monday !

2. When parking, the car has to go from Reverse to Drive or back n forth a couple of times. At the time when changing the modes on the Auto-Box from R to D or D to R there is a BIG JERK ! Its almost like the auto clutch just connects very jerkily. This happened a few times but then didnt happen always ! Made me a bit uncomfortable. Anyone have similar experiences ?

Apart from this i really enjoyed the car since yesterday and am very happy with the purchase.

I noticed that initally yesteday the Second gear was a bit flat in terms of power delivery. It got better as the day progressed and i am hoping it will get more than satisfactory with more miles on the ODO. The laura being the only AT i have used its a pretty unfair comparison but still i am sure it will be more than satisfactory.

I think its better to comment on the driveablilty after say 500 km on the ODO at least !

Also i noticed initially that the engine rpm at idling was hunting more than what i have seen on any car. It was not just the A/C compressor cutting in and out. It was somewhat trying to settle at an intermediate rpm but was just rising and falling within 200-300 rpm...especially at the cold-start !

When the compressor cuts in and out if standing still in traffic or crawling i could feel a reasonable jerk which again i attribute the the 2nd issue i have mentioned above.

The headlights are excellent ! Fogs work well too ! Every gizmo in the car is working its charm on me...including the sun-roof !!

There are some photos for eveyone to see and comment !

Will keep adding to this initial ownership experience !

cheers !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !-01.jpg  

Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !-02.jpg  

Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !-03.jpg  

Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !-04.jpg  

Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !-05.jpg  

Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !-06.jpg  

Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !-07.jpg  

Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !-08.jpg  

Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !-09.jpg  

Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !-10.jpg  

Old 9th October 2010, 13:31   #2
BANNED

Hey Dieselite.. Congrats man. First new gen i10 in Team Bhp I guess.

Hats off to Hyundai for redesigning the front and rear so well.
Old 9th October 2010, 13:36   #3
BHPian

Congrats on the new purchase. Incidentally, my parents too got a White i10 ERA yesterday. Its good to see that the music system now comes with USB and steering mounted controls. Nice addition. Does the AC have climate control like Swift?

About the JERK thing, i have been driving a Magna AT for 2 years now and have never noticed anything like that. I wont say the transition is butter smooth but nothing jerky too. I generally spend a second in N before moving to D or R, may be that is why i do not feel a jerk.
Old 9th October 2010, 13:36   #4
BHPian

Hi Dieselite,

That's a cool looking car. Hearty Congratulations for this new babe in your life.

Surely, the transition from a Diesel sedan to a Petrol hatch would take some adjustments. Let us know how it unfolds.

Take care and crunch many more miles in this new Auto Box from Hyundai.
Old 9th October 2010, 13:41   #5
BHPian

has the interior on an i10 always been this good? i mean the whole thing is really well done. it even has steering mounted controls! and the gear stick looks pretty cool too.
congratulations dieselite! this seems like an amazing buy.
Old 9th October 2010, 13:46   #6
BHPian

Thanks veedub89,EARTHed and Sankalp ! Thank you Shubham ! No there is no climate control...the Aircon is a standard one...very effective though !
Old 9th October 2010, 13:51   #7
BHPian

Hey Dieselite, It's a nice and pleasent change of i10. The car and the interiors are really looking good. I hope the reflection of i10 dashboard is lessened now.

I will also be in transit mode from Diesel Sedan to Petrol Hatch very soon. your updates will surely help.
Old 9th October 2010, 14:01   #8
BHPian

Congrats on the car, looks good, what is the OTR for it and any freebies? Wish you many happy miles.

OT number is good GF (girl friend)
Old 9th October 2010, 14:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car,lovely colour there. The refreshed front actually looks good,unlike the Sonata transform

Is it only me or others too feel the dash resembles the 'Water fall' console from Ritz??
Old 9th October 2010, 15:48   #10
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new drive . The car looks great in White.

I drive a Corolla AT and like shubhamAT mentioned it, if you spend a second or two in "N" before shifting to D from R and back, the jerk does not occur.

How much did it cost you on-road? A good set of Alloys will add on to the styling quotient.
Old 9th October 2010, 15:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Now, that's one excellent facelift by Hyundai! Congrats, and drive safe
Old 9th October 2010, 16:57   #12
BHPian

Congratulations Dieselite
Those looks are really a killer Sunroof but no Alloys come-on Hyundai, but the interiors seems to be very impressive with that colour combination. 1st one on Team-Bhp and definitely all of us here must be eagerly waiting you to crunch more miles on this beauty and put down the positives and negatives with new VTVT engine also your car being an AT option would help us to know more.
Old 9th October 2010, 18:14   #13
BHPian

Dieselite, congratulations on your new i10. That is one very good looking car.
The new dashboard colour looks a lot more appealing than the older beige.
Looking forward to more updates in the future, and a nice set of alloys for your hot wheels.
Old 9th October 2010, 18:15   #14
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys ! I will surely update everyone on the ownership experience. I have not been able to find the heating feature operation on the OVRMs

thanks again on the wishes !!
Old 9th October 2010, 19:42   #15
BHPian

Congrats Dieselite for the i10. It certainly looks very fresh both on the exterior and interior frontys, even the wheel caps look quite good.
Happy mile crunching with the i.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks