Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 11:35   #76
BHPian

Re: Facelift Hyundai i10 ASTA AT (White) !

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Doubt: How do you navigate to USB from the panel when you are playing something else?
Use the right knob to navigate and press it to select another song while playing music on the USB....but unless you activate a particular source you cannot navigate it i.e. while playing CD you cant navigate the USB.

Ah yes...it was the iPod touch. Let me try the regular iPod !

And NO there is no problem with the horn sound through the speakers !
Old 15th February 2011, 11:37   #77
BHPian

Its actually not "Bluetooth on demand", rather handsfree .

Basic premise being, for low isolation speakers, if you turn up the volume, they also act as a microphone.

So now I listen to music from my phone on AUX, which automatically switch over to call mode, and then I can just take the call handsfree.

This should work for all stereos with AUX IMO..
Old 1st September 2011, 13:16   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Have any other Bhp'ians noticed a weird sound ( of bushes brushing against each other probably) when turning the steering wheel at parking speeds in the morning ? This is NOT a rattle sound, more like a light "whoosh"

I complained to Hyundai during the 1st service, but they passed it off as normal !
Bingo - I've noticed this too. Is this the EPS motor at work? A light whoosh when turning the steering lock to lock...
Old 1st September 2011, 13:35   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Bingo - I've noticed this too. Is this the EPS motor at work? A light whoosh when turning the steering lock to lock...
It certainly sounds like servos at work. However I've never faced this in any other EPS car till date.
Old 1st September 2011, 16:11   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan

Check your mud flaps, they get bent and foul with the tyres while turning.
Old 1st September 2011, 18:57   #81
BHPian

The whoosh is very very nominal....probably noticed at idle since the kappa2 is pratically silent at idle. But the sound is definitely of servos ! "Woaaaaon" is a better desccription of the sound ? iron man type of sound at negliginbe and barely audible decibels ?

Also a 13000km UPDATE :

FE is stable at 11-12 kmpl in city. Nvh levels are super. Body , steering, door rattles are non-existent in my car at least. Ride quality with the upized footwear is awesome (tested thoroughly on Sinhagad Road, Pune post monsoon trauma on roads !!). In general looking back it feels very nice to have bought the variant i did of the car i did !

(Although the possibility of owning the Jazz now at a lower/almost same price than my AT asta makes me rather Jealous. Especially the spaciousness and overall grown up feel of the Jazz is very desirable. Brio coming up at potential dynamics altering price levels...hmmm.)
Old 8th November 2011, 11:55   #82
Senior - BHPian

Its weird that I read a review of a car that Ive travelled in for so many times!
I mean, its weird that I read it on TBHP! Only on Sunday did i get to know the actual owner of the handle .

Surprised that its crossed only 13 odd thousand till now. Going by your running, I was expecting this one to do 25k by now .
Old 8th November 2011, 13:24   #83
BHPian

I'm surprised myself. The days of weekly trips to Daman, Vapi , Kolhapur are gone. Even the Laura is hardly doing any miles these days !

An update on the i10 @ 13800 km :

FE is still a steady 11-12 kmpl in city. The rattles have started creeping in mainly due to a phenomenon known as Sinhagad Road in the last few weeks. But i am going to maintain tyre pressure below the rates 33psi at around say 28. This makes ride much better and with the low running of this vehicle i might not lose much in the longer run. On smooth roads the car is still creamy !

Last edited by Dieselite : 8th November 2011 at 13:28.
Old 13th June 2012, 15:44   #84
BHPian

A frustrating time with the i10 service !

For the last few months i had been hearing a thudding noise from the left front wheel. I suspected a strut or a link arm or some suspension member being at fault. This noise would be more pronounced when the wheel would travel over undulations.

So i left the car for my second servicing and mentioned this complaint alongwith it. Without taking the car for a drive the service advisor very confidently told me that it was a common complaint on the i10 and there was a coupling in the rack pinion assembly which caused this. Even attributing the bias to the left (of the noise) to it.

I had to leave for work urgently and hence without spending too much time on it i left. It turns out that the part was not available with the service station and hence the car was returned to me without any work being done only to be recalled later in the week when the part arrived.

Fine...no complaints till this point. When the part arrived and the car was returned to them they did the supposed job and car was tested and ready for delivery. My driver went to pick it up as i was out of Pune and called me from there that the noise still remains. So i called the service advisor and he apologised that this had happened and promised me that the car would be ready next day.

Apparently now the whole rack and pinion assembly would be changed. All of this is under warranty.

Yesterday my driver went to recollect the car after the service advisor informed me that he personally had checked the car and everything was okay now. All replaced parts would be returned to me for my perusal.

Again i get a call from my driver that the noise still remains and that he has shown that to the people there. Now i really have lost it. I called the advisor and checked with him and he again apologised ! "Sorry sir the noise had stopped yesterday during the trial and i dont know how it has started again !"

Now they are replacing the link arm and the ball joints ! well...i really think that with these volume cars (maruti models and hyundai models) all problems should be well within reach of serivce people. Especially in Hyundai authorised service centres !

I'm still not sure that the service guys have caught the real problem and i will be taking delivery of the car myself now to check ! All such service centres are focussing on the speed of delivery of car after servicing but not probably on actual zero defect work.

Will keep updating my experience here when i receive my car back.

dieselite.

Last edited by Dieselite : 13th June 2012 at 15:46.
Old 14th June 2012, 13:57   #85
BHPian

The car is back. Apparently the problem was with the Bolts which hold the link arm and other suspension steering members together. There was play in them resulting in the thudding noise when driving over undulations.

They have though changed the whole steering gearbox assembly (rack and pinion) under warranty. That has taken care of a bit of steering play and clicking noise while turning that was happening.

Now the car is back to its best ! Looking forwards to creamy smooth city miles in PUNE's horrible traffic !!

cheers
Dieselite.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks