Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 09:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
hey Jay somehow missed this thread pal. Congratulations on the FIGO and that's one heck of project you got through with. Do post details on how you managed to do that.
Thanks you Sir. will post detailed pix and info soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
Congrats on your new Figo, Jay. White with sunfilms looks classy any day.

I too am waiting eagerly on how you managed to get that HUD ??
Yep! White cars woith dark tints are my favourite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Congrats JayD! Very nice car, colour and mods done so far, liked it. When do we get to see some alloys? Btw hows the OBD2 HUD display readability in sunlight, does it get washed out? When are you planning to get the Storm filter fixed, do update the thread when its done! What about Pete's petti?
The obd readability is sunlight i not too good. in he daylight, i mount it on the dash, and see it directly! But since i have tints up front, its okay in the mornings and evenings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Congrat JayD! I also have a white Figo tdci. Have covered 14000 km till now and never come close to 24.9 kmpl :( that you have got. Can you please explain how this FE was measured and since you have other cars what is the mileage you are able to extract from the other ones?

24.9 is quite incredible!.
24.9 wa obtained oin the highway. I measure i through my OBD device. I drive based on what RPM and throtle poition give the least engine load, and stick to that! . I have managed a best of about 22+ on my i20, and 17 in my NHC, all on he highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Argh! so you connected something to the OBD2 port. So which tool are you using? It does not look like scan gauge. Did you procure it from India or US? Please provide the details, as I have been madly doing the research on this and already collected a lot of info and questions.
Its not a scan guage. I will post a detailed post on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
WOW! Congrats on the stunner JayD! I'm very impressed with the projector - a really different mod on t-bhp!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock18 View Post
Congrats.Never seen any mods like this before.great job you have done.
I think many of us here would love to get such detailed info on our car too.
Please do share the details about the installation.
Thank you guys, will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Must say that the car looks stunning in white. I loved the picture of the 'Garage', awesome stuff it was, FIESTA, i20, SS80 and the blue grand old man behind
Thanks the arun, and a poor lil NHC jammed in between all of them. My 1961 OHV couldn't fit in the pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Congrats on the new buy. I was wondering how this thread zoomed into two pages so fast. Seeing the equipments installed / planned i know it would zoom further in no time.

Would love to hear MORE about the Green storm filter and the OBD equipment.
Thanks Gemi, your thread is one of the main reasons why i ended up with a Figo.

The filter is still lying in the boot, since I have not found a good position to fit it in. Most of the positions that people have fixed it in are actually pulling in air that is hotter by over 10deg than stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
@JayD: hey i spotted your figo today morning. i think we were side by side in nandanam signal at around 8:25am. I was in my blue alto.

Man,your figo's acceleration is great. But there is a small amount of white smoke when you accelerate, get it checked.

Aha! I had a feeling it was your car, especialy due to the black alloys and Team bhp ticker, but i remember that u'd told me you were in pondicherry, so i thought your car would be PY reg. At the signal, i was about to lower the window and ask, but you turned right from there! Lets catch up sometime. Thanks or the tip off on the smoke, will surely get it checked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panks15 View Post
Just 2 words to say, Simply Awesome. Congrats on your figo. It sure is the best value for money car in this segment and the "heads-up" display is the best that you had done to your figo. Do share the details how you did it.

Though a bit off topic: It is amazing to see to what the extent we can customize our car logically:
1. Windscreen display as JayD did it in the figo.
2. Akki_s's customized Laura, he modified it for: a. coming home / leaving home lights, b.turning fog lamps / cornering lights, c. needle sweep and many more things.

Customization such as these actually enhance the features / usability of the car, unlike the ones like putting up lot of led's and neon lights which instead feels cheap add-on job (just saw an overdone swift with led surronding the entire bonnet part and lots on neon lights under the car and behind the door handles)

Good Work BHPian's let these knowledge bit things keep coming.

Drive safe. Enjoy
Thak you panks. Yep, there is a lot o stuff tha we can fiddle around with our cars and find out. And simple DIY's like this are way more satisfying than spending tons of money on silly mods like neons and all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Congrats, JayD. The Figo is indeed a great choice.
What about the alloys?
Thanks you ben! Was planning on alloys initially, but for a car that is stuck in traffic 99% of the time, i'm wondering if its worth it! Or spend that cash on ICE!

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd November 2010 at 13:45. Reason: additional smileys
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:14   #32
Senior - BHPian

Oh that's hard on us readers. We can't wait anymore to get info on that HUD device. I remember one i20 owner had got a HUD speedo as well.
Nice car BTW.

At least share the total cost involved and the place from where you got it please.
Can't wait.
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Oh that's hard on us readers. We can't wait anymore to get info on that HUD device. I remember one i20 owner had got a HUD speedo as well.
Nice car BTW.

At least share the total cost involved and the place from where you got it please.
Can't wait.
As i mentioned earlier, its not a plug and play device which i bought from a shop. Its just a lil bit of DIY. I'm delaying posting it, since i want to attach pix, but don't have access to a computer. Posting this from my phone.
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Wow! I'm drooling over the HUD. Hats off to you brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I'm delaying posting it, since i want to attach pix, but don't have access to a computer.
I'm looking forward for a detailed tutorial with pics..

EDIT: Your last post contains 4 smileys.

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 2nd November 2010 at 11:45. Reason: Added a note.
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:37   #35
BHPian

Eager to know how you managed to get the HUD display done for your Figo, i want to get similar thing done for my Beat too, great thread keep it up
Old 2nd November 2010, 16:10   #36
BHPian

Congrats Jay and wonderful mod.

How does it feel driving the Figo after the i20? Enjoy your driving
Old 4th November 2010, 22:19   #37
BHPian

Jaydev, congrats on the car! I somehow missed this thread.

Please provide info about the OBD HUD installed in your car. IIRC, late TRRK also had some kind of this equipment installed in his Figo. Are there any other upgrades in the pipeline?

I regularly see your i20 or SS80 when I pass Panampilly Nagar. Now, I'll watch out for a white Figo as well.

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 8th November 2010, 10:39   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Since it came with nothing like that, i decided to set it up on my own. A lot of research followed on getting the right hardware and software, but the end result was worth it. I've succeeded in getting data from the car's OBD port, and its now projected Jet fighter style, onto my cars windscreen
Thats the best part i liked. Waiting for more info about this including the pricing and difficulty level of DIY.
What about the day time visibility of this on windshield ?

Last edited by wildon : 8th November 2010 at 10:41. Reason: added more queries
Old 8th November 2010, 12:17   #39
BHPian

Missed this thread. Congrats on the Figo. That is some garage you have there.

Could you post a comparision with the i20? Some salient features. What is better/worse in each in your opinion?

Is the Fiesta a Tdci as well? If so,any difference felt on driving between the Tdci in Figo and Fiesta?
Old 9th November 2010, 10:03   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

JayD, your heads up display is wicked! I'd love to know more about its functionality, and how exactly you went about the install. Question : Does it not interfere with regular driving? Initially, I even found my Civic's digital speedo distracting.

Congrats on the Figo BTW. Hope she serves you well for a long time to come.
Old 9th November 2010, 17:14   #41
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats JayD. White is always the best color of any car. As expected , your thread is flooded with queries regarding OBD install. I too want to know the magic you have done.
Happy and safe motoring...
Old 9th November 2010, 17:31   #42
BHPian

Great to see the projected display of all the engine parameters.

Please post a detailed account of how you did this - I am sure there are several of us here who would love to do the same.

Last edited by deep_bang : 9th November 2010 at 17:32. Reason: spelling correction
Old 9th November 2010, 18:44   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the Figo. Like everyone else has mentioned the OBD port stuff you've done is awesome. I think someone has already asked this - does this void any warranty ?
Old 9th November 2010, 20:00   #44
Team-BHP Support

Please post a DIY. I want something like that for my car.
Old 9th November 2010, 21:04   #45
BHPian

Here is what i have found on the same subject of DIY Heads Up display

1. Look up this app called Torque for Android - Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle if you have an android phone . I think similar apps for Iphone also exists

2. Buy a Bluetooth to OBD adaptor something like this DealExtreme: $28.57 OBDII Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Cable - Black + Blue + Orange (DC 12V)

some videos showing it in action

the application torque lets you invert the display and it can reflect on the windscreen at nights.
sreedotk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks