Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 12:07   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st ser

@Speed_Pujari: Next time when you visit KHT motors to get these things, do contact the director Adit before heading there. He will personally make a visit and ensure the job is done.

Please drop in an email to Adit at adit_morzaria@khtmotors.com

Last edited by nkrishnap : 28th June 2011 at 12:14.
Old 28th June 2011, 13:02   #47
Team-BHP Support

Re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 5k km & 1st ser

Interesting review. Nice car, and poor service. After owning Two Tata cars, I can tell you, the dealerships still have to go a long way.
Your thread has convinced me, now matter how nice the Punto is, it will never be in the contention for my budget diesel hatch. And neither will be the Vista!
when will these companies learn, that car is only part of the equation, service is another important part!
Old 28th June 2011, 15:57   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
T-Jet seat is folding type, it's there in the official review thread somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Speedpujari, i am sure the seat belts are pushed 'behind' or 'under' the rear seat.

The TASS guys wouldn't have taken all pains to remove the seat belts. They are not that capable !

To fold the back rest, pull the small black color strip located right behind the headrest.
The rear bench can also be pulled up by inserting your palm from the inner part of the bench (between the rear back rest and bench).

Seat belt lock - when you try to lock the rear left/right seat belt & find difficulty in locking it, often its found that you are actually trying the lock given for the center seat belt, use the lock right/left to that and belt will lock in.
Thanks guys. I finally found the folding feature of rear seat as well as the seat belts :-) .. But unfortunately I am unable to pass the latch and belts across the seats. It has somehow stucked inside and my hands are unable to pass through. In worse case the seats may have to be unbolted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
@Speed_Pujari: Next time when you visit KHT motors to get these things, do contact the director Adit before heading there. He will personally make a visit and ensure the job is done.

Please drop in an email to Adit at adit_morzaria@khtmotors.com
Thanks nkrishnap.
I'll take a note and get in touch with adit.

I called up the service advisor yesterday and he said that he'll come and collect the car today. Its 3.50 PM IST now and no sign of him, I am just wondering if he was talking in EST.

I think the protocol of calling Fiat customer service for every niggling issue will remain there forever, otherwise the service guys will never pay a heed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Interesting review. Nice car, and poor service. After owning Two Tata cars, I can tell you, the dealerships still have to go a long way.
Your thread has convinced me, now matter how nice the Punto is, it will never be in the contention for my budget diesel hatch. And neither will be the Vista!
when will these companies learn, that car is only part of the equation, service is another important part!
tsk1979 I think it is not the dealership but the manufacturer themselves. There is a way if there is willingness. How Toyota is able to maintain such a high rating of customer satisfaction operating in same country, same category of customers, same market etc.

I wish Linea T-Jet was manufactured by Toyota, I was ready to pay the premium.

The niggling issues are there right from the shop floor. So it is my heartly request to Fiat to first work on their manufacturing quality before catching hold of the dealers.

Dealers will be dealers anyways, it is just that Toyota knows how to keep them under control.
Old 28th June 2011, 16:21   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Thanks nkrishnap.
I'll take a note and get in touch with adit.

I called up the service advisor yesterday and he said that he'll come and collect the car today. Its 3.50 PM IST now and no sign of him, I am just wondering if he was talking in EST.

I think the protocol of calling Fiat customer service for every niggling issue will remain there forever, otherwise the service guys will never pay a heed.
Seems like escalation is the norm.

By the way drop an email to Adit and mention about the person not showing up with details of who the SA was and the person supposed to pick the car up.
Old 12th July 2011, 19:04   #50
BHPian

So my car has done close to 9k now. I am getting to forget the niggling issues now after my recent trip to Madurai.

On friday I started to Madurai from Bangalore, covered rameswaram the second day and came back to Bangalore via Tiruchy. So overall close to 1300 kms in three days.

My experience in bullets-
1. Absolutely 'ZERO' fatigue even after coming back to Bangalore. I visited the Meenakshi temple (stood in a queue for an hour) and did a city trip the same day when I reached Madurai.

2. I started at 5.30 AM from Bangalore and reached Madurai at 10.30 AM. This includes one breakfast break and one fuel/refreshement break.

3. The car was felt like 100 kmph at actual speed of 165 kmph. Note that we were four on board with boot almost full with luggage. The car could go further but I slowed down bcoz my dad was continuously checking the speedo.

4. One panic braking again when a local bus driver planned to change his lane all of a sudden. I was doing a 140 kmph, all I remember that the car did not loose its track, I heard the skidding sound but dont know if it actually skid. The heart did not pump so much as expected in such situation.

5. Turbo is a real booster if you want to save time on highway. Slow down the car to 10 kmph, press the gas, and within no time you are doing 120 kmph. At 120 kmph you need to make a choice whether you want to save time or gossip. If saving time is priority then press the gas and hoila you will be touching 140 to 160 kmph in no time. This is subject to emptyness of the road.

6. Twisties?? Turns?? Curves??... Come out of your old car driving experience. Let it be any speed, all you have to do is to turn the steering wheen at any speed you want, but remember not to loose your self confidence. I did lost mine once on a bridge when I got a lil scared to turn the steering in a curve at 150 kmph, had to apply brakes but later realised that I am an idiot.

7. While returning from Madurai I had to pick up a friend from dindigul (Madurai to Dindigul in 30 min sharp), so we were 5 on board still there was no feel of shortage of power or braking. Thanks to the EBD and heavy torque factory.

8. Average FE on the highway was 12 kmpl with aggresive driving and 15 kmpl with sedated. I had to drive slowly during the return journey i.e. Sunday Chennai-BLR traffic from Krishnagiri and Salem -BLR traffic all the way from Salem.

9. Scraped the Engine Belly twice, and it really sounded bad. Checked the belly after returing to blr, can see a small scratch but no dent on the engine guard. Thank you Fiat for such a strong Engine Guard.

10. Three on rear seat is messy. Try to refrain from this. My parents and wife got bit tired due to this during the return trip. Also the rear seat belts angle is messy. My wife complained of it pinching around the neck. She said it hurts if used for long. So I may have to install a Belt cover.

One comedy experience-
So there was this Civic guy on the Dindigul-Trichy highway, I did not know he is such an egositic chap. I wanted to overtake this guy since I was getting late to reach Trichy. I honked and this guy gave me side to overtake.
Suddenly I dont know what happened to this idiot, so while I was overtaking he presses his Gas to not let me overtake. I too pressed the Gas and we were one-on-one till 160 kmph. I had to slow down due to some traffic seen at distance. I could guess his happiness and sense of satisfaction once he overtook.
But my observation is- Since I had 5 on board with heavy Luggage, I think if we were 2 on board with no luggage then it could have cake work to overtake Civic. Civic had just 2 on board. I dont know whether my calculation are right though.

So after this experience I have forgiven the poor after sales of Fiat. I am glad that I own this car.
Speed Pujari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 10:35   #51
BHPian

Nice drive review of a wonderful car. I think I saw your car after Krishnagiri on the way to Bangalore on Sunday. Time might have been sometime after 8pm. Not sure if you noticed a Dark Grey Getz CRDi (KL reg) since the traffic was pretty high and my car is not eye-catching unlike yours.

I noticed your car because of the T-Jet batch and the chrome exhaust since this car is pretty rare on the roads.
Old 13th July 2011, 13:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
Nice drive review of a wonderful car. I think I saw your car after Krishnagiri on the way to Bangalore on Sunday. Time might have been sometime after 8pm. Not sure if you noticed a Dark Grey Getz CRDi (KL reg) since the traffic was pretty high and my car is not eye-catching unlike yours.

I noticed your car because of the T-Jet batch and the chrome exhaust since this car is pretty rare on the roads.
Krish3, I think I vaguely remember your Getz. Yes you are right that was me ;-) ..
Old 13th July 2011, 14:44   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So after this experience I have forgiven the poor after sales of Fiat. I am glad that I own this car.
Lovely report. Enjoyed reading it. I share the same feeling with you regarding the Jet. However, I dont own one right now, but will surely do one day.

But, I am a little surprised to read that the passengers on the rear were not too happy with the long journey. In which particular area, the T Jet is not comfortable? I belive the suspension is just about perfect, so that can't be the issue. Rear leg room/head room and the tranmission hump in the middle can make the 5th passenger uncomfortable, but not as much as some other C segment cars.
Old 13th July 2011, 14:55   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats more or less the exact feeling every Fiat owner goes through. If a Fiat owner ever feels sad of owning the car (mostly after a service experience) you just need to take the car out for a highway drive or else drive any other car for around 15 minutes and then come back to your FIAT. And i bet you would have a smile on your face within no time.

But then...sometimes things goes overboard with the service experience.

Wish you many more happy miles.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 17:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Lovely report. Enjoyed reading it. I share the same feeling with you regarding the Jet. However, I dont own one right now, but will surely do one day.

But, I am a little surprised to read that the passengers on the rear were not too happy with the long journey. In which particular area, the T Jet is not comfortable? I belive the suspension is just about perfect, so that can't be the issue. Rear leg room/head room and the tranmission hump in the middle can make the 5th passenger uncomfortable, but not as much as some other C segment cars.
T-Jet is like other's kid or other's pet. It is good if somebody else owns it, all you get to do is to drive it once or twice and not maintain it ;-) ..

The passenger comfort problem cropped in during my return journey. The rear is ultra comfortable for two and the case is totally opposite if there are three passengers. Also, the rear seat belts are not positioned well, it needs to be on a height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Thats more or less the exact feeling every Fiat owner goes through. If a Fiat owner ever feels sad of owning the car (mostly after a service experience) you just need to take the car out for a highway drive or else drive any other car for around 15 minutes and then come back to your FIAT. And i bet you would have a smile on your face within no time.

So rightly said :-) .. It is just abou how fastly and efficiently you get moulded. With any other brand of car in same segment you are totally neutral i.e. neither smiling nor sad (so boring)..

BTW there is another feast from Fiat. They have called for a family meet on saturday.
Old 13th July 2011, 17:57   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Wonder how I missed this thread, it has been on the front page all along! Hearty congratulations Speed_Pujari! Excellent car, excellent photos and excellent review as well. Sorry to hear about your service experiences...

BTW, you changed your GoodYears on day one it seems. Why? Could you elaborate? Any specific reason for getting rid of them? You've said "crappiest", are they really that bad? If yes, then its a matter of concern for me since my car came with GoodYear GT3s, which I found really well balanced. Pretty good compound on the harder side, efficient tread, comfortable ride and a little noise. Let me know why you switched to Yokos please.

Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with your Jet!

Cheers!
Old 13th July 2011, 19:08   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The passenger comfort problem cropped in during my return journey. The rear is ultra comfortable for two and the case is totally opposite if there are three passengers. Also, the rear seat belts are not positioned well, it needs to be on a height.
Hi Speed, thanks for sharing the drive report. Can you elaborate a bit more on the above issue? Barring the seat belt, what were the specific problems with 3 in the back seat, I mean, was it with the shoulder room, or the transmission tunnel?
Old 14th July 2011, 10:52   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

This is 100% true. I have recently bought a Ritz vdi and took it for a highway spin for about 600kms to some temples in south Tamilnadu. After coming back, drove my T-Jet for a few minutes.. Feel they are in diff. worlds in terms of handling and driving dynamics. Realized the preciousness of my beloved Jet. Truly an eye-opener for me on how my Jet compares with other cars.

Sathya
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 22:18   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Wonder how I missed this thread, it has been on the front page all along! Hearty congratulations Speed_Pujari! Excellent car, excellent photos and excellent review as well. Sorry to hear about your service experiences...

BTW, you changed your GoodYears on day one it seems. Why? Could you elaborate? Any specific reason for getting rid of them? You've said "crappiest", are they really that bad? If yes, then its a matter of concern for me since my car came with GoodYear GT3s, which I found really well balanced. Pretty good compound on the harder side, efficient tread, comfortable ride and a little noise. Let me know why you switched to Yokos please.

Wishing you unlimited safe & happy miles with your Jet!

Cheers!
Thanks Reinhard. The GYs has a consistent history of bubbling issues. Two of my very close faced similar problems and thus they had to change the brands. To stay on the safer side I changed the tyres to yoko S drives bcoz of two reasons-
1. The four discs + ABS + EBD should have equally complimenting tyres.
2. Complimenting the power of car and giving ease at curves. Remember that the steering of car will never let you down, but you need to be confident of your tyres at high speeds.

But yes I truly agree that the GY were very comfortable as compared to Yokos but again the usage of both tyres are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hi Speed, thanks for sharing the drive report. Can you elaborate a bit more on the above issue? Barring the seat belt, what were the specific problems with 3 in the back seat, I mean, was it with the shoulder room, or the transmission tunnel?
To make it very simple for you, the rear is cramped for three. If you can visualize the position of rear seat belts, the point where it touches the shoulder of passenger becomes quite iritative and starts pinching.
Though may dad is quite on the fat side, but the other two i.e. my mom and wife are rather on the skinny side. They complained a lot about crampiness.

Another news coming in, I hope I do not have to start a new thread again. Two of my S drives got the sidewall damaged .. Tyre is with Tyre Empire and as told by them, they are sending it to the company for inspection. (Before any guessing reason comes in) my car has not hit any pothole or speed breaker at high speed. The crack also does not looks like it has happened due to high speed hitting or something.
I am waiting for response from tyre empire guys.

Hoh!. I dont know why life is never stable :-( ...
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 22:23   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Another news coming in, I hope I do not have to start a new thread again. Two of my S drives got the sidewall damaged .. Tyre is with Tyre Empire and as told by them, they are sending it to the company for inspection. (Before any guessing reason comes in) my car has not hit any pothole or speed breaker at high speed. The crack also does not looks like it has happened due to high speed hitting or something.
I am waiting for response from tyre empire guys.

Hoh!. I dont know why life is never stable :-( ...
One of my friends had his Yoko S drives prematurely wearing out at 20k kms. He got rid of them and got Bridgestone Turanzas for his civic. Same case there, they said they would inspect and check the reason why it wore out so soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks