Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2015, 12:45   #76
BHPian

Re: My Linea T-Jet service experience and Fiat's commendable 5 day SLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Hey tabrez, thanks for the suggestion. Its done now.
Here is the link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3675245
I can't thank you enough, Speed. This will be immensely helpful.
Old 1st April 2015, 14:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Linea T-Jet service experience and Fiat's commendable 5 day SLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Full of frustrated lots such as VW Polos, Skoda Lauras, Lancers, Puntos and last but the not the least Lineas lol ! . Everyone seemed satisfied.
Thank you for sharing the address and contact number for the FNG. I am sure it will be useful for the days the authorized service outlets turn out incompetent.

On the subject of KHT, they have improved a lot. Mr. Ashok was who I interacted with and who was assigned to my car for December 2014 service. I had no complaints other than highlighting the problem of washing quality from 2013 service. The car was not dried properly and was left out in the sun. As a result of the hard water, mineral deposit marks were all over the windscreen. I mentioned to take care of this and they actually did. They wiped down the car properly and parked it in the shade which I never expected. Ashok found one of the rear gas struts for the boot to be weak but never pushed for it to be replaced. He said it can be attended to later or if it comes to a stage where the boot lid isn't staying up. Then I asked for the bonnet insulation material as the original one was coming in to pieces. I was waiting for the standard response of no part and it will have to be ordered. I was wrong. They had the part and fixed it. A week ago, I noticed the windshield washer nozzle, on the drivers side, had come off the slot, where it is fixed on the bonnet. I thought the clips were broken so went to KHT without the car just to buy the part. Well guess what, for something that rarely requires replacement, they had the part and sold it even without the car in sight. They did not even ask for the car number. Finally; when I did try to fix the new washer nozzle, I realized the one that was already there was not broken. My mistake. While I can't comment on the ability of KHT to fix or tackle a problem with the car as I have had zero complaints from the day of purchase, I will say that I'm not tense to leave my car with them for regular service. Works really well for me from a logistics point of view as well as they are located just half a km from my work spot so I drop the car and walk back to my office.

Keeping aside the Mitsubishi which was probably the result of retired support for the model, service is a major problem for club Europe. European cars need additional care which the authorized outlets are not interested nor are capable enough to handle.

That is a nice mesh install. While I don't have a rodent problem, I think it is safe to have the mesh in place.

On the sump guard, I don't understand what you meant by the turbo causing it. It is impossible. The turbo does not have any external moving parts nor is it placed down below. I attribute the noise as a result of the lousy radiator fan plastic frame vibrating and coming in to contact with the kinked sump guard.

Alignment has never been perfect for me and I have left it at that. Taking the car to Madhus does improve matters but won't solve the problem entirely. I have ignored it as there is a noticeable pull observed only on the the city cycle. The pull is hardly there on the highway. Besides; tire wear is even so I don't bother about it.
Old 1st April 2015, 16:04   #78
BHPian

Re: Is it legal to fly 'T'his JET (Linea) without a flying license? - 45k kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
I can't thank you enough, Speed. This will be immensely helpful.
Immense pleasure for a lazy dum like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Thank you for sharing the address and contact number for the FNG. I am sure it will be useful for the days the authorized service outlets turn out incompetent.

On the subject of KHT, they have improved a lot. Mr. Ashok was who I interacted with and who was assigned to my car for December 2014 service. I had no complaints other than highlighting the problem of washing quality from 2013 service. The car was not dried properly and was left out in the sun. As a result of the hard water, mineral deposit marks were all over the windscreen. I mentioned to take care of this and they actually did. They wiped down the car properly and parked it in the shade which I never expected. Ashok found one of the rear gas struts for the boot to be weak but never pushed for it to be replaced. He said it can be attended to later or if it comes to a stage where the boot lid isn't staying up. Then I asked for the bonnet insulation material as the original one was coming in to pieces. I was waiting for the standard response of no part and it will have to be ordered. I was wrong. They had the part and fixed it. A week ago, I noticed the windshield washer nozzle, on the drivers side, had come off the slot, where it is fixed on the bonnet. I thought the clips were broken so went to KHT without the car just to buy the part. Well guess what, for something that rarely requires replacement, they had the part and sold it even without the car in sight. They did not even ask for the car number. Finally; when I did try to fix the new washer nozzle, I realized the one that was already there was not broken. My mistake. While I can't comment on the ability of KHT to fix or tackle a problem with the car as I have had zero complaints from the day of purchase, I will say that I'm not tense to leave my car with them for regular service. Works really well for me from a logistics point of view as well as they are located just half a km from my work spot so I drop the car and walk back to my office.
I agree to your point. The service Manager Mr. Raghavendra was attending to me and he was demonstrating professionalism. He had willingness to solve the issues. But given my past experiences, I think it may take a while for them to regain my trust. KHT did not charge me a penny for the work done, but lets not forget that they maintained their conventional my making me send the car back again. This has happened during every single visit I have paid to KHT. My car used to get at least one new scratch after KHT visit, and this time it was no different.

So on the outset it may look good, but still I have my own doubts that this courtesy will last long. I might be judgmental, but the gutkha story I told was meant to reveal the professionalism of average SA there especially if there are customers in lounge.

Second thing is Mr. Suresh (GM) is still there. I cannot forget his comment when he asked me pay half of amount for foot-mat which they had misplaced during a service in 2012. Second, once he gave me some awful quote for brake replacement with a comment that T-Jet customers should not worry about 10-20k rupees.

Its a good start, but it will take a while for them to reach there and they really have to reform their leadership first. The older customers were their asset which they have lost. Since its a reform cycle, it may make sense to visit KHT, but I am not sure about future.
Old 11th April 2015, 18:00   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Good to know Fiat is getting its act together.

The Fiat agency in my town is 5 years old. But its a sister concern of a bigger showroom in a busier city. I'll pay them a visit and check them out for some work I need done. The last time I went, it was pretty bad. Not even wiper blades in stock..
The Fiat showroom in my town has shut down :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks